• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trepang2 is the most most fun FPS I’ve played since RoboCop Rogue City

the vibrations feel good enough when you’re pumpin loads
The Office Thats GIF

Romulus

No one said it was 🤷🏻‍♂️

It just makes me think how many FPS games have you actually played in 8 months for the comparison to even mean anything. I could understand the hype if we're talking 5-10 years I guess but have you been gaming non stop fps romps since then?

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
It just makes me think how many FPS games have you actually played in 8 months for the comparison to even mean anything. I could understand the hype if we're talking 5-10 years I guess but have you been gaming non stop fps romps since then?

Nope

I just fucking love fps’s that incorporate silky smooth transitioning between real time and slo mo. This and Syndicate 2012 are peak for me now. RoboCop too, but I think Trepang2 has a way closer feel to Syndicate.

RAIDEN1

Rogue City did more to revive the franchise, than the 2014 reboot movie could have ever hoped to have done, and even then it was a lesson in how NOT to reboot, unlike say Karate Kid and Cobra Kai...

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

No. Also stop thinking so hard. It’s not that big of a deal lol

drotahorror

Nope

I just fucking love fps’s that incorporate silky smooth transitioning between real time and slo mo. This and Syndicate 2012 are peak for me now. RoboCop too, but I think Trepang2 has a way closer feel to Syndicate.
You should check out Severed Steel. That is my go to bullet time fps

Toots

Gold Member
Ok let's say a pretty cool dude is interested in buying the game on ps5.
Although he's pretty cool, he isn't that much of a fps console player but still finished a few COD campaigns without trouble. He played Doom 2016 but it was a bit too fast paced for him so he did not finish it. Last fps he played was Hell Singer but he found it too repetitive and stopped relatively early (he had no problem with the difficulty for the first 3 levels).

What do you guys think ?
Should he buy the game to have something to do between the numerous love making sessions with all types of beautiful women he has planned for the summer ?

Romulus

The fuck? :messenger_grinning_squinting: Because Im not on here all day, especially on weekends.

This is irrelevant to anything in my comment. You responded twice to the same comment with different responses. At this point, I think you're just trying to keep your thread going. I'm out.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Ok let's say a pretty cool dude is interested in buying the game on ps5.
Although he's pretty cool, he isn't that much of a fps console player but still finished a few COD campaigns without trouble. He played Doom 2016 but it was a bit too fast paced for him so he did not finish it. Last fps he played was Hell Singer but he found it too repetitive and stopped relatively early (he had no problem with the difficulty for the first 3 levels).

What do you guys think ?
Should he buy the game to have something to do between the numerous love making sessions with all types of beautiful women he has planned for the summer ?
Yes, so he can tell me us what he thinks. And then I would also think he's pretty cool, for being a test pilot.
Wake Up Smile GIF by STORKS

Chuck Berry Chuck Berry does this have native HDR, what about the "too dark" complaints, any haptics/adaptive triggers? And also I've read it gets frustrating further in. Are you still of the same opinion on completing it as you were at the start? Cheers.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Chuck Berry Chuck Berry does this have native HDR, what about the "too dark" complaints, any haptics/adaptive triggers? And also I've read it gets frustrating further in. Are you still of the same opinion on completing it as you were at the start? Cheers.

1. I dont know

2. I personally dont think its too dark

3. No adapative/haptics but the vibrational feedback still feels decent

4. I'm on the 3rd stage, having done two of the "sidequests" and have fought one boss. No issues with difficulty but then again when it comes to these kind of power fantasy games (and especially ones with no difficulty trophies) I prefer to play on Easy so I can just wipe the floor with everyone.

King Dazzar

1. I dont know

2. I personally dont think its too dark

3. No adapative/haptics but the vibrational feedback still feels decent

4. I'm on the 3rd stage, having done two of the "sidequests" and have fought one boss. No issues with difficulty but then again when it comes to these kind of power fantasy games (and especially ones with no difficulty trophies) I prefer to play on Easy so I can just wipe the floor with everyone.
Thanks mate. It'll be interesting to get your feedback once you're done. I hear the end can be a bit of a git. If you still feel the same by the end I may pick it up.

Top Bottom