• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution Gold (PC/Steam) |OT|

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
iII1BwhuLQSaG.png

Discuss.

Atomski

So is the day one patch already out for the beta or what?

Edit: seems like it is as it now links your Steam account

atomsk

Party Pooper
well, redlynx is trying to clean up this mess, so I've got no problem waiting a bit for it to see how it shakes out

UrbanRats

well, redlynx is trying to clean up this mess, so I've got no problem waiting a bit for it to see how it shakes out

Once they i'll buy it.
I wanted to try something of this kind for some time, this would be perfect (if it worked, that is).

im6ENQCsejonz.gif

Groof

I bought this through GMG with the 20% discount and was super stoked.
Then I read about the issues.
Then I played it and experienced the issues.
I'm sad now, baby.
Also, I hope they fix it 'cause I'm really enjoying what I've played so far.

Zomba13

People are having issues with this port?
What kind of issues?
Just performance issues? It's been fine for me.

M.D

I would have bought it already if it wasn't for the issues people are reporting :/ guess I'll just wait for them to fix the game, and it will probably be cheaper by then...

Groof

Just some random frame drops here and there. It's really nothing serious.

I dunno man, I've had some heavy frame rate drops from time to time. It seems to happen at specific parts of specific stages, though. Annoying nonetheless.

FYC

Banned
This is on Steam? Awesome. 4PlayerPodcast praises this to the high heavens so I've been meaning to try it, should be fun. Hopefully it's a decent port but the replies so far don't seem to indicate that.

Atomski

As someone who is playing this for the first time, the jump from "easy" to "medium" tracks is huge.

lol then you are in for a world of hurt when extreme tracks hit.

This is on Steam? Awesome. 4PlayerPodcast praises this to the high heavens so I've been meaning to try it, should be fun. Hopefully it's a decent port but the replies so far don't seem to indicate that.

It just not optimized well, if your rig is good it should be fine. Mine is kinda old so I had to shut some stuff off and lower the rez which seems crazy cause it dosnt look like a very taxing game at all. They say it will be fixed but I dont know.. but really the game is fun enough for me to want to play it even at lower rez and such.

Its a real shame but I love the game still..

Enjoying it so far, never played the originals. I'm getting some stutter but it's really not detrimental.

AdmrlSnackbar, for those who want some super shitty ghosts to ride against.

Inkblot

My framerate gets real chunky even with everything on low, it's almost a gamebreaker, hope there's an update soon....

I'm new to PC gaming and I want to double dip with this game since I already have it on the 360.

I have a question about how scores and user data is done. On the 360, I can just sign in as myself or my wife can sign in with her account and we can have separate times for each track. Is that possible with this game? Or if my wife and I play single player, would it just always post my scores since it would be bought under my Steam account? It would be pointless for me to get this game unless we could sign in as different users without having to purchase the game twice. Anyone know?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If I buy this on GMG I don't get a Steam code, right? Sucks, $20 is a lot less than €20. And I want mah gamez in my Steam library/backlog of shame.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm new to PC gaming and I want to double dip with this game since I already have it on the 360.

I have a question about how scores and user data is done. On the 360, I can just sign in as myself or my wife can sign in with her account and we can have separate times for each track. Is that possible with this game? Or if my wife and I play single player, would it just always post my scores since it would be bought under my Steam account? It would be pointless for me to get this game unless we could sign in as different users without having to purchase the game twice. Anyone know?

From what I can tell it uses your uPlay ID, so you'd have to have 2 id's with 2 copies of the game.

I could be wrong though, I'll double check when I get home tonight.

Groof

If I buy this on GMG I don't get a Steam code, right? Sucks, $20 is a lot less than €20. And I want mah gamez in my Steam library/backlog of shame.

Just use the add third party game to library option. That's what I did.
Though you also lose the Steam account compatibility.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just use the add third party game to library option. That's what I did.
Though you also lose the Steam account compatibility.

Having it show up there isn't really the issue, I really want it tied to my Steam account like all other PC games I've bought in the last couple of years. It's just more convenient to have everything in one place than having different games spread out over different services.

Groof

Having it show up there isn't really the issue, I really want it tied to my Steam account like all other PC games I've bought in the last couple of years. It's just more convenient to have everything in one place than having different games spread out over different services.

I know what you mean, I was pretty bummed out too when I noticed it wasn't a Steam code when I bought it. But I did save $4 on it, so I guess it was sort of a good trade off.

Top Bottom