• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution Gold (PC/Steam) |OT|

Sinatar, what settings are you using in those screenshots?

I'm in need of some trials buddies, feel free to add me on Uplay: efficaxorn

Groof

That Mind Bender stage really messes with me in a lot more ways than just beating it without faults.

From what I can tell it uses your uPlay ID, so you'd have to have 2 id's with 2 copies of the game.

I could be wrong though, I'll double check when I get home tonight.

Thanks. So I guess I'll be sticking with the xbox game then. No point to play if I can't compare times with my wife.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So not fixed yet? What a scam by Ubi :/

According to dev representatives on the RedLynx forums, a fix for the stuttering issue (it's apparently not really bad performance per se, but rather that the game engine for some reason starts stuttering like crazy if your framerate drops even slightly below 60 - although I guess this game should never actually be doing that on a decent rig) is currently being tested internally. Let's hope it works out and is released swiftly. I need this game in my veins, but I'm not buying it in its current state.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This game owns, but I was hoping the beta issues would have been ironed out at this point. Oh well. Add me: TigerStyle86.

Roybot

Neo Member
I don't like the occasional performance drop, the uPlay integration or the soundtrack. But damn if I don't love this game anyway, super addicting and fun. Works out-of-the-box with the X360 controller and runs great even on my old HD5770.

Mr. Black

Banned
Very enjoyable game, although the pc-port is pretty bad. At the moment I have something like 215 medals and I need twenty more for the last unlocks. Guess that's going to take some time because now I need silver/gold medals on the medium and hard tracks. Especially the hard tracks will be almost impossible, sometimes I need 30 (or even 60 at one or two) tries to complete them..

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Was gonna wait until the stuttering was fixed before buying this, but I couldn't help myself. Bought it yesterday. And yeah, it will go from a perfectly smooth 60fps to a stuttery mess for no really apparent reason at all. It's still playable, but yeah, the promised fix better work. I need this to play smoothly by the time I reach the really difficult tracks.

Are the 360 user created tracks in the PC version? Trials Evo on 360 is literally the only reason I haven't sold my 360 yet.

Core Zero

Are the 360 user created tracks in the PC version? Trials Evo on 360 is literally the only reason I haven't sold my 360 yet.

Nope, the two versions are completely separate. Also, the PC version does not include either DLC pack released for the XBOX version, so many elements used in XBOX tracks are unavailable on PC.

I play this on PC only, and I don't find myself having noticeable trouble with stuttering, except occasionally when first loading into a track. Definitely annoying, but I don't consider it money wasted at all. Hopefully there are some performance tweaks to help those having more trouble.

Very enjoyable game, although the pc-port is pretty bad. At the moment I have something like 215 medals and I need twenty more for the last unlocks. Guess that's going to take some time because now I need silver/gold medals on the medium and hard tracks. Especially the hard tracks will be almost impossible, sometimes I need 30 (or even 60 at one or two) tries to complete them..

You'll want the practice for what awaits you at 235 medals. Don't forget that skill games and tournaments count toward the medal total as well.

That's a real bummer. I hope they can work them in at some point. For all the talk of performance problems, when I played the beta it was as smooth as could be. I had no problems. That load stuttering is often present in the 360 version too.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Posted yesterday by a developer on the RedLynx Forum

Performance fixes have been done, and the patch is in certification. If everything goes well we expect to see the patch release this week or the next.

---

Some tips:
- Update your graphics drivers. Please download the newest drivers directly from the AMD or Nvidia website. Do not download graphics drivers from your computer manufacturer's site (Dell/HP/ASUS/Acer/etc) because those drivers tend to be pretty old.
- If you are having texture gliches on AMD cards, download the newest drivers. Old drivers have confirmed texturing problems. Intel has also announced new drivers for HD 4000 GPUs (should be out next month). Hopefully those drivers will fix the texturing issues on Intel integrated chips.
- If you are running the game in windowed mode, it's critical to have Aero enabled. If you have Aero desktop theme disabled, the game will lag heavily (in windowed mode).
- Check the "Wait for vertical refresh" setting in your graphics control panel (left click on Windows desktop background and select AMD Radeon Catalyst Control Center or Nvidia Control Panel). This setting should be either "application controlled" or "on". If this setting is "off", you might experience lag when playing the game in full screen mode.
- Additionally, if you have any texturing problems (gliches/popping), please set the texture quality, anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing settings to default (application controlled) in the graphics control panel.
- Enable "VSync" option in the game video settings screen.
- Disable "Advanced Effect" in the game video settings screen. This option has performance issues in the current build. "Advanced Effect" option will be fixed in the patch.

Atomski

1.0.3 Patch Notes & Info from RedLynx
Hello Riders,

We've been hard at work on some of the issues that players of Trials Evolution Gold Edition have been experiencing and we will have a game patch, and server update, out as soon as possible to address the following:

Fixes in update 1.0.3:
- Fixed multiple crash issues in multiplayer.
- Made a number of general performance optimizations and fixes throughout the game to increase performance for all players, as well as make the Video settings far more useful.
- Added support for lower resolution particles to increase performance in levels with many particle effects, especially on lower and mid-level hardware.
- Moved higher resolution particles to Advanced effects.
- Removed water reflections from Advanced effects.
- Made it possible to unlock Lab Rat squirrel with keyboard.
- Added trigger icons to map voting screen when using a game pad in multiplayer.
- Fixed issue with shadows flickering occasionally.
- Fixed occasional text and label positioning issues in editor.
- Fixed Object selector in the editor not opening by pressing space bar if an object was selected.
- Fixed Scorpion’s French localization.

Fixes in server side update:
- Fixed an issue with the Test Your Might tournament not recording times to the leader board.
- Fixed a problem with wrong tracks opening after Advanced Search in Track Central
- Added feeds for Highest Rated in 48 hours to Trials & Skill games to Track Central.

The server update will be occurring on Wednesday, April 17th, at 0200 hours GMT, and players will get disconnected and/or have problems connecting to Ubisoft servers for approximately 30 minutes while the updates are applied.

The patch is in the final stages of approval but we do not yet have an exact release date. We will let you know when to expect this patch as soon as that information is available.

Best,
ShiftySamurai

Hope this will actually improves performance.

Also i need more times to beat... so again add Atomskix on Uplay.

Nebula

Does this actually mean for once the console is the master race platform for something?

My friend is going to be pissed when his £700 gaming rig can't run his favourite game of all time decently.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Does this actually mean for once the console is the master race platform for something?

My friend is going to be pissed when his £700 gaming rig can't run his favourite game of all time decently.

Running at 60 fps 95% of the time is better then running it at a shakey 30 fps on consoles.

whitehawk

Banned
Just downloaded the newly released demo. It doesn't support 1080p? Did some googling and apparently it only supports 1080p on DX11 cards... What?

Not only that, it runs poorly even at 720p. Had to turn AA off and all setting to low to get it running at 60fps. Even then there were some random drops. My PC isn't a beast (late 2011 iMac) but it runs most games much better than this.

Wow, I just bought this is the Steam sale and really wish I hadn't.

This has to be flat-out one of the worst ports I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Slow framerate with vsync on, framerate stutters with vsync off, controls that feel clunky and unresponsive compared to the XBLA original and a horrendous texture glitch ruins any enjoyment I might have had with this game. Stay the hell away.

Give the demo a go before buying.

I really wish I could go back and try the demo, but I didn't bother as I already knew what to expect from the game - one thing I didn't expect, however, was for a game I played on XBLA four years ago to run like unmitigated ASS on my modern laptop.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It runs at 120hz on my BenQ.

You certain? The demo doesn't seem to run at 120hz on my XL2420TX.

Also, is there a fix for the slight stutter? The game runs 60 most of the time but things feel a bit stuttery in the demo. Like it isn't a smooth 60 but a janky 60. Fraps is saying constant 60 though, and I've got a beefy PC.

Aerocrane

You certain? The demo doesn't seem to run at 120hz on my XL2420TX.

Also, is there a fix for the slight stutter? The game runs 60 most of the time but things feel a bit stuttery in the demo. Like it isn't a smooth 60 but a janky 60. Fraps is saying constant 60 though, and I've got a beefy PC.

It is supposedly a limitation of the engine, when it can't maintain the 60 FPS, it skips frames. There are no real fixes for it, but for some people pausing and unpausing the game fixes it for the level currently being played.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Anybody still playing this? I am looking for people to friend for some leaderboard competition. Even if you aren't still playing, add me on uplay so I have times to aim for.

Uplay id is Yaboosh.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Great! I tried the demo and it was a little hitchy performance wise but the games fun enough that I wanted to double dip.

Bought it, it crashes instantly on launch. Welp.

Friend bought this for me during the Summer Sale. My ultimate crack game. Not the greatest port, though. Uplay always sucks, too. The video upload thing is convenient, although it also records whatever audio you may have playing in the background while you're processing the replay. Learned that after uploading a pretty slick replay only to hear the vulgar podcast I was listening to drown out the game.

Anyway, if anyone wants to add me,
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z138/
Uplay: Fornaximus

Aerocrane

Does anyone else have problems with their times not being posted on the leaderboards? I finish a track, the game says that it is updating the leaderboard, and only my friends times show up. My old times on tracks that I've beaten before show up just fine.

Overdoziz

Banned
Does anyone else have problems with their times not being posted on the leaderboards? I finish a track, the game says that it is updating the leaderboard, and only my friends times show up. My old times on tracks that I've beaten before show up just fine.
My times only show up maybe one in four times. Although recently it actually has been updating it straight away. I did notice that there's definitely some people cheating their way to the top of the leaderboards. I've seen several tracks where a couple of people have 20 seconds faster than everybody else and their replays don't match up with the time at all. There's also a guy at the number 2 position on the global rankings who hasn't even completed all the tracks.

Anyway, I'll add some of you guys.

Top Bottom