• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trinity Universe |OT| More RPG Mash Up Action

Volcynika

2ivfvc7.jpg

Summary

Trinity Universe Story (Kanata)
For generations, Kanata’s ancestors have protected the Netheruniverse by transmogrifying into a Demon God Gem. However, Demon God King Kanata refused to become the gem and instead became a Demon Dog King. Since then, he has enjoyed a carefree life in hiding, but he eventually began thinking about the toll of his decision. Accepting the title of Demon God King and becoming the gemstone will stop space debris from crashing into his world. If he could get to the source of the space debris and solve the problem, everybody will be happy. Determined, Kanata goes on a journey to save his world.

Trinity Universe Story (Rizelea)
Rizelea is a Valkyrie who keeps the galaxy’s peace and harmony. She has been keeping the peace for hundreds of years, but one day she decides to go to the run-down sections of the Netheruniverse to restore the peace there. When she arrives, she learns that the Netheruniverse is constantly in danger from space debris and decides to investigate this matter.

Basic Info

Publisher: NIS America
Platform: PlayStation 3
Genre: RPG
Rating: T for Teen
Release Dates: Oct 1, 2009 (JP) / June 29, 2010 (NA) / June 25, 2010 (EU)

Box Art

2zxy4o0.jpg

Images

72c8qp.jpg
1038oj9.jpg

swtg6g.jpg
2n6zog8.jpg

104m22x.jpg
96m15x.jpg

Videos

Official Trailer

Reviews

RPGFan 63/100 -- http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Trinity_Universe/index.html
Eurogamer 6/10 -- http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/trinity-universe-review
Worth Playing 8/10 -- http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/6/30/reviews/75321/

Volcynika

notworksafe said:
Good looking game. So is this more standard JPRG rather then SRPG? And...full price($60)?

$49.99 is MSRP, and some said the battle system is like...Legend of Dragoon? I still don't get it though D:

Why are there polygonal characters in my NIS game?

NIS/Gust/Idea Factory collaboration.

Rosenqueen already charged me for the game/artbook set. I guess that's my last Rosenqueen order now that it's just the NISA store.

gunstarhero

Played it at E3 a couple of times. It's a fun game, and I'll be picking it up after I beat FF13.

It's always hard to judge RPGs in a place like E3 - but from what I played, it was pretty traditional - turned based battle system with some action elements (press A A A A A for a better hit combo, etc) - which is ok by me.

Graphics are good - and the humor was there.

Im playing Disgaia Infinite right now, so I'm "in the mood" for another NIS game. Looking forward to what the reviews say.

lljride

I'm dying for a new game, but after Cross Edge I sort of told myself that I was done with Gust/Idea Factory. Of course I'm finding myself strangely drawn back to them though.:lol

What's the word on this game? Any JP impressions? Better than Cross Edge? Other than the general premise I haven't kept up much with it yet.

Got it preordered from Amazon. I'm a sucker for anything that's a turn-based JRPG.

Pinko Marx said:
I thought this was the game that was the console wars bullcrap?

Nope, that's the Super Dimensional Neptune game.

Volcynika

Vorador said:
It's already out today?

Damn i missed this completely. Well, time to fix that up!

Well if you're a Euro, that's the date I saw on Wikipedia. Sooooooo....I'm not sure if that's right.

Hey guys, Volcynika demanded I post over here because of this:
if9200.jpg

So I figured I would abide and give some early impressions. So right off the bat late me say that I am not super into JRPG's but I do know a fair amount of the NIS America franchises. I have played about 45 minutes in so far and I am liking what I have seen. There is a lot of story/tutorial stuff front loaded in so it starts off a bit slow but it seems like when you are in the first dungeon you are kinda just let loose. Even in the first little bit of story stuff there were a couple of funny references that I caught, and I am sure those of you with more in depth knowledge of the franchises in the game will spot some more. The battle system seems pretty cool, I see a lot of potential strategy in planning when to spend AP for attacks and when to hold back and save it up, and having 3 different attack types you can use in combination seems like it could lead to a lot of depth in battle. Like I said I only played about 45 minutes so that is why my impressions are not very detailed, but I will jump back in here once I play some more.

cress2000

Have this pre-ordered with Deathsmiles from gamestop.com for $37.49+tax each (yummy coupon glitches). Not likely to play it for a while, though.

Lain

I'm spending too much money on manga lately, so I'll try to get this next month or thereabout.
It's good that the price is lower than usual, will make buying it easier.

7threst

DangerousDave said:
I was dissapointed with Cross Edge.
I was dissapointed with Agarest

I hope that this will be much better

Yeah me too. But I'll wait for some more impressions and reviews before I buy

Shin_Kojima said:
I read there's time-limits on the dungeons? Can anyone elaborate on that, because so far it makes me shun the game.

Ugh really? That does not sound good... at all... I hate time-limits...

Lain

Shin_Kojima said:
I read there's time-limits on the dungeons? Can anyone elaborate on that, because so far it makes me shun the game.

From what I remember, the dungeons orbit or something, so they aren't always accessible. Because of this, if you miss the time when one is near, you'll have to wait for it to come close again.
At least that's how I remember it, which could be wrong.

7threst said:
Yeah me too. But I'll wait for some more impressions and reviews before I buy

Ugh really? That does not sound good... at all... I hate time-limits...

A guy on GameFaqs named xeeeno explains it:

The event dungeons have no time limit.

The optional dungeons throughout the game have a time limit placed on them before they start to "drift". Completing the dungeon on time would remove the timer.

Dungeons can be accessed as many times as you want as long as it does not drift away from the netherworld. Drifting occurs randomly after a period of time.

There is also an item called the anchor that ties the dungeon to the netherworld so that they would not drift, effectively removing the time limit. These anchors are easily sythnesizable with basic materials.

Once you anchor a dungeon to the netherworld, you can access the dungeons as many times as you want withouht the worry of the dungeon drifting on out. You can choose to un-anchor the dungeon anytime you want, as there are some requirements you need to get the through ending. or trophies. (eg. get drifted 10 times)

matmanx1

Getting this one and Deathsmiles this week. Is this the first game to feature Etna in 3D? I like the look of the game (PhyreEngine right?) and look forward to playing it soon!

xero273

distantmantra said:
Gamespot gave it a 70%

Amazon is listing it as shipping in 2-3 weeks... huh.

yea noticed this yesterday. Not that many copies being shipped to retailers would be my guess

Volcynika

-PXG- said:
So how is this? Better the Cross-Edge? I might (read: MIGHT) pick this up. Is it worth $50?

Barely anyone has it and I'm not sure who of J-GAF picked it up. Hooooooooooooold your horses! :p

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hmmm. Might be worth it at $10.
On that note, has Cross Edge dropped yet?
Is it even worth it, at any price?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
From what I've heard, this is one of the better NISA games.

lljride

I was wondering if anyone else got it yet too. I preordered at the last minute (this Monday), but my Gamestop still hasn't gotten it in. Wasn't sure if they officially pushed back the release date or if NISA was just taking their time shipping.

So Rosenqueen still hasn't shipped my copy, and people on Gamefaqs are apparently being given the runaround when they try to call. Hope this is sorted out soon. I bet it's got something to do with the store change though. Probably could have waited a few days till this came out to do that.

ha1f

Ehhh, was gonna wait on this thread for some impressions but I just went ahead and ordered. Now I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get here...

Amazon shipped my copy out today, might have a chance if it gets here early next week, but my wife and I are headed to Canada for our wedding anniversary Friday morning, so probably not.

Top Bottom