• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trinity Universe |OT| More RPG Mash Up Action

Ricker

Beep...beep....beep :lol longest intro ever...I thought I was never going to play for a while there hehe...but yeah,the voice acting is actually really cute and not bad at all....I`m currently in the first dungeon,saved right before the first Boss I guess and it`s not bad...not what I thought so far but it`s different enough for me to keep playing,cuteness overdose and all ;) ...I went with the guy,so i`m on easy mode I believe and the movement is a little stiff in the dungeon,the guy sort of pivots really fast and funny sometimes...battles could become really interesting with combos and all later on...

Durante

Macaroon is cute. But it is true that there is a bit of an explanation overload during the first few hours.

ULTROS! said:
What's the consensus so far? :p
You're asking for a consensus? On GAF? ;)
Anyway, I originally didn't even plan to get this game, but the low price, PAL release and a few relatively positive impressions made me bite. I'm enjoying it so far. (Oh, and dual audio of course -- no chance in hell I'd have bought the game otherwise)

One question about the very beginning of the Rizelea side: (I started with that one)
Is it actually possible to win the first story battle in time and does anything special happen? Even with a bit of leveling I only managed to kill 1.8 of the 2 enemies in time.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hopefully, its better than Cross Edge, no?

Durante

ULTROS! said:
Hopefully, its better than Cross Edge, no?
Well, I think no one would dispute that it's graphically and technically far superior. Dungeon exploration also seems significantly better, though X Edge was arguably more unique. The only point where there could be some argument is the battle system -- I haven't really seen enough of Trinity to competently judge that. But even for me as someone who really likes complex systems Cross Edge's got too bogged down in the later parts of the game.

lljride

Definitely better than Cross Edge.

I'm still chipping away at the last few trophies. I just have the drift 100 dungeons (plus drift yourself 50 times), and the 1,000,000 evaluation points trophy left. The 1 mil trophy is especially depressing since I still only have about 400k points. I really regret running away from so many lurkers early on.

Durante said:
One question about the very beginning of the Rizelea side: (I started with that one)
Is it actually possible to win the first story battle in time and does anything special happen? Even with a bit of leveling I only managed to kill 1.8 of the 2 enemies in time.

I really wish I could help you out since I went with Riz first also, but honestly I don't remember what fight that was. I don't remember there being any unwinnable fights early on, but I also bought the overpowered meteorite DLC pack that basically broke the game from the start (gives you like +4500 to ATK/INT right off the bat). Probably just plowed through it not realizing it was supposed to be hard.:lol

Durante

lljride said:
I really wish I could help you out since I went with Riz first also, but honestly I don't remember what fight that was. I don't remember there being any unwinnable fights early on, but I also bought the overpowered meteorite DLC pack that basically broke the game from the start (gives you like +4500 to ATK/INT right off the bat). Probably just plowed through it not realizing it was supposed to be hard.:lol
You don't really lose, the battle just ends after 3 turns. (I could have easily won with more time)

Volcynika

I cannot really believe I didn't think about this, but I'm amused how the lip syncing matches the language you choose, apparently they didn't have to reprogram the cutscenes much at all for the English voices.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I admit, I caved in and have bought about 4 separate DLC packs. I'm in Ch.5 with a pretty stacked party of 4.

Finalow

are all drifting object useless or not? What can i do with them.
And a good level for the final boss? (not ashura, the big fucking ball)

inner-G

Banned
Just grabbed this yesterday, and I'm early in, but I'm loving it.

One of my fave RPGs of this gen, I'm surprised by how negative a lot of the reviews are.

lljride

I'm just glad you guys are still enjoying it, game's gotten a good amount of positive word of mouth and that's about all you can ask for these days.

Got the platinum over the weekend and if I had to guess final playtime was probably right around 100 hours. Last trophy was the 1 million evaluation points, and I think I had to drift another 50 dungeons or so to get up that high (in addition to the 100 I already drifted for the other trophy). Really had a good time from beginning to end though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Shinriji said:
About the DLC packs, it's a one-only use, or you can use in a new game+ or hard difficulty?
Kinda want to know as well since I'm in playthrough 1. Would be cool if the 2nd playthrough recognized the DLC too.

lljride

Shinriji said:
About the DLC packs, it's a one-only use, or you can use in a new game+ or hard difficulty?

Most DLC will carry over. Meteorites, most consumable items/materials (assuming you didn't use them the first playthrough) and equipment will all carry over to NG+ regardless if it's DLC or not. I think the only DLC that won't carry over are the Managraphic items, but I'm not 100% sure about that since I didn't really bother with them anyway.

lljride said:
I'm just glad you guys are still enjoying it, game's gotten a good amount of positive word of mouth and that's about all you can ask for these days.

Got the platinum over the weekend and if I had to guess final playtime was probably right around 100 hours. Last trophy was the 1 million evaluation points, and I think I had to drift another 50 dungeons or so to get up that high (in addition to the 100 I already drifted for the other trophy). Really had a good time from beginning to end though.

ONly one hundred hours? Thats easy! lol, Ill need to get this game soon.

Volcynika

Ok, if I can harp on one of the mechanics that just has some stupid logic, it's the soul barrier breaking thing. It's completely stupid sometimes. :/

Finalow

ehm, sorry for the spoilers :/
Anyway i've finished this game,
when the shop convert come out you became invicible :lol

Tailzo

I've just started the game. It's very colorful and much prettier than screenshoots led me to belive. A coupleof questions though.

1. I've met some really powerful bosses early on, should I grind to beat them or just go somewhere else?

2. What can I press to completely skip all "cutscenes"?

3. Anything else I should be aware of in the beginning of the game?

simtmb

Anyone know where i can get order this for a decent price shipped to AUS?

I can't find it anywhere in-stock for under 50 pounds that also ships to Australia :lol

EDIT: Found a good listing on ebay, says it's in French, I'd assume a PAL version of this would include English as well as other languages?

Top Bottom