• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H breaks character to console crying fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.businessinsider.com/triple-h-calms-crying-fan-wwe-2015-1
B7w7_X10_CMAAApzz.jpg

Whatever Triple H said in character hurt the fan, because the young boy reportedly broke into tears. Triple H broke character to console him. McMahon reportedly broke character, too, to console the fan

Class act.

bigkrev

Mixed feelings on it- yes, it's a cute moment, but having children weeping is kinda what you want when your a heel. I'm surprised HHH, who admired guys like Flair, would do that.

iNvid02

unprofessional, he has to keep the illusion alive. #wrestlingisreal

"are you crying boy?"

*picks him up and throws him into the ring*

tumblr_n6nfizae3Q1tu7965o1_400.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Kayfabe is dead!

Nice of him to do, kid got some merch and got to go backstage, lucky bastard.

Pimpwerx

Never break kayfabe. This is shameful. I now hate HHH even more, and I don't know how that's possible. Motorhead keeps giving him awesome entrance themes though. PEACE.

That's good of him.

At the end of the day, its entertainment and the WWE wants people to go home from live shows having enjoyed themselves so that they are more likely to come back next time the show is in town.

In being a nice guy, he has turned around the experience for that kid, and probably made himself a fan for life.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
what do you mean by "break character"?
Wwe features professional wrestling matches that involve wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines that play out on WWE television. Wrestlers will portray heroes or villains as they follow a series of events that build tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches. HHH, in this case, was playing the role of the villain but no longer portrayed himself as villainous after seeing the crying young boy.

jasonng

I don't watch wrestling anymore but I thought this happens fairly regularly. I'm under the impression that WWE are really good to their fans.

I actually think it's kinda weird of him to break kayfabe right in front of everyone like that. Invite the kid backstage and cheer him up as much as you want. I don't know, I guess H is a softie now with kids of his own, haha.

Vince is gonna make him job to the stars again.

Wwe features professional wrestling matches that involve wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines that play out on WWE television. Wrestlers will portray heroes or villains as they follow a series of events that build tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches. HHH, in this case, was playing the role of the villain but no longer portrayed himself as villainous after seeing the crying young boy.

Wrestlers are in character at all times. Triple H is currently a bad guy in the WWEverse, but briefly decided to not be evil for the kid's sake.

ceb179acafcb.jpg

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I don't watch wrestling anymore but I thought this happens fairly regularly. I'm under the impression that WWE are really good to their fans.

Yeah, once the tv cameras go off this seems to be the norm. I saw a Smackdown taping when Steve Austin was a heel. Most of the arena booed him soundly, the section I was in cheered him once he came over to act all heelish and he lost it and started smiling and laughing and stuck around to pose for pictures for my section.

Amory

this whole postmodern internet phenomenon where any time someone does a simple act of kindness they get a circlejerk in their honor is really getting old.

Then he pedigrees the boy on the Spanish announcer table.

lol

Haven't been into wrestling for a good long time but I thought it was a nice gesture. I could see fans being a little perturbed by him breaking character so openly, but it seemed like the right thing to do.

That is, assuming any of it is real, and given the setting, who knows.

sakipon

Wrestlers are in character at all times. Triple H is currently a bad guy in the WWEverse, but briefly decided to not be evil for the kid's sake.

I don't necessarily understand that as breaking character. A villain is a villain for the protagonist(s), does a villain need to hate everyone and everything?

Though I suppose wrestling drama needs to be kept extremely simple...

bigkrev

I don't necessarily understand that as breaking character. A villain is a villain for the protagonist(s), does a villain need to hate everyone and everything?

This is a guy who a week ago in story fired made John Cena come out to the ring for an "appreciation event", proceded to fire all of Johns friends because of what John did, and then have cheerful music and tons of confetii fall from the sky in celebration of this, while making out with his wife.

The character of HHH is -not- a nice guy.

Ban Puncher

Haitch broke character by telling the kid something funny so he would laugh.

The WWE Network subscription numbers.

Tenck

Okay dude, wrestlers are acting? No way.

Edit: Lol Omega, I hope that picture isn't serious.

this whole postmodern internet phenomenon where any time someone does a simple act of kindness they get a circlejerk in their honor is really getting old.

It balances out the angry mobs that gather anytime someone does something marginally undesirable.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Its much easier to get heat by demeaning fans than by doing villainous acts to the protagonist. Especially when at least half the fans loathe the product's main protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom