• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRU Pokémon Event tomorrow?

0wn3d

Anyone know whats going down at Toy's R Us nationwide tomorrow? I've heard something Pokémon-related is going down. I'm not sure if you can just meet other people to trade with, or if there are machines there to give away Pokémon. I heard somewhere that machines might be involved, so possibly Mew or Celebi?

0wn3d said:
Anyone know whats going down at Toy's R Us nationwide tomorrow? I've heard something Pokémon-related is going down. I'm not sure if you can just meet other people to trade with, or if there are machines there to give away Pokémon. I heard somewhere that machines might be involved, so possibly Mew or Celebi?

I'd go if there was some way to find out what stores are doing it. Saying nationwide has absolutely no bearing on canadian stores.

Grubdog

Banned
neptunes said:
No self-respecting adult (or teenager for that matter) would show up and participate in such an event.
Why the hell not? Pokemon is COOL, people who think it's not cool aren't! What a sad, sad world we live in, where people hide from things they enjoy.

I'd go, but I don't live in the US.

Everyone go and spread the Pokemon love around!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I got the email for this, but I deleted it.

If I recall....

1. First 50 people there get a poster.

2. Meet/trade with other people there.

3. Download your "favorite" Pokemon. I'm pretty sure that's what it said, that you could get your "favorite" Pokemon.

Don't hold me to this though.

Lee-T

The Pokemon event has a free poster and free cards, but if you're coming to get a rare Pokemon, don't expect anything that good. You can try out the cardgame and Nintendo sent out a cartridge to the stores with Pokemon that you can trade for. The cartridge doesn't contain any super rare Pokemon, I think it has 11 different ones, Sandshrew, Ekans, Machoke, and some other not so rare ones.

Top Bottom