• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump loses PGA tournament to Mexico course: "hope they have kidnapping insurance"

Status
Not open for further replies.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
McCain wasn't a nutcase, he was supposed to be the reasonable one.

He was reasonable. Also, remember Palin wasn't the same public figure she is now. Her tone was different, not as divisive or loud.

Arkeband

Banned
He was reasonable. Also, remember Palin wasn't the same public figure she is now. Her tone was different, not as divisive or loud.

She was still pretty proud of how ignorant she was, and they were complicit in the whole Joe the Plumber farce.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
"They moved the World Golf Championships from Miami to Mexico City. Can you believe it? Can you believe it?" Trump told the crowd. "Not good. But that's OK. Folks, it's all going to be settled. You vote for Donald Trump as president, if I become your president, this stuff is all going to stop."
Free market capitalism is going to stop? Interesting stance.

Is Trump wrong to say that kidnapping is a major problem in Mexico? Googling "mexico kidnap" gives me headlines of a kidnapped soccer player and stats that there are 100k kidnappings a year.

Mexico is the kidnapping capital of the world though. Look up "worst kidnapping rate," and Mexico is at the top of all of the lists.

It's slightly tasteless, but really I've heard similar things said about the USA on Gaf.

Hard to feel the outrage on this one for me.
If the USA was given an Olympics or some other event and a leader from one of the losing countries said "well I hope all the athletes have gunshot insurance" people we would rightfully roast their asses.

le.phat

I'm guessing the point is to pile on every non-PC thing Trump says (basically everything).

not pile on, point out. Just pointing it out, and imagining how utterly disastrous his poor communication skills would fare on the international stage. Be glad we're in the version of reality where Trump gets absolutely annihilated during the primaries 🙌🏽

Mexico is the kidnapping capital of the world though. Look up "worst kidnapping rate," and Mexico is at the top of all of the lists.

It's slightly tasteless, but really I've heard similar things said about the USA on Gaf.

Hard to feel the outrage on this one for me.

When I took a taxi in Mexico at 4 in the morning, the guy didn't turn on the meter (I didn't realize they're not allowed to turn them on so early) and I had a sinking feeling I was going to get kidnapped and murdered. Didn't happen but I was worried for a second.

Mexico is the king of kidnapping so what he's saying isn't wrong.

You're missing the goddamn point. Mexico and the US have been allies for decades and built a strong relationship that took a lot of effort. A presidential candidate is not supposed to talk shit of that caliber about their neighboring countries who are their allies! Up to this point there hasnt been a presidential candidate in the last 60 years on either side of the fence that threw so much vitriol to their neighbor. From Mexico to the US or viceversa. You just don't say shit like that! You're running for power, you're not hosting a subreddit!

Also this is a smoke screen from Trump so people steer conversation from his loss. The "I'm goot at business"magnate couldn't keep the tournament because his name and brand has become toxic for sponsors, why should we expect better things from him if he's president? He was going to loose this tournament regardless, the fact that it was to Mexico was just the cherry on top.

If the USA was given an Olympics or some other event and a leader from one of the losing countries said "well I hope all the athletes have gunshot insurance" people we would rightfully roast their asses.

Call me when you hear a Canadian or Mexican political leader spewing shit like that of the US. Jesus!

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Free market capitalism is going to stop? Interesting stance.

And from a business man that loves making money, but doesn't like anyone telling him what to do...

It's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom