• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump signs executive order to 'ease the burden' of Obamacare

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Friday evening designed to "ease the burden" of Obamacare.

The order ”directs the departments and agencies to ease the burden of Obamacare as we transition to repeal and replace," White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters. It was not clear exactly what the order instructs the federal agencies to do.

Trump pledged throughout his presidential campaign and transition period to repeal and replace Obamacare. His campaign website vowed to ask Congress ”to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare" on Day One of his administration, which began with his swearing-in Friday afternoon.

Congress has already done its part to start repealing the health care law from the legislative branch through what's known as reconciliation, a budget procedural rule that allows the Senate to skirt the 60-vote filibuster threshold.

Trump, seated at his new desk inside the Oval Office, signed the order alongside commissions for retired Gen. James Mattis and retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, his Senate-confirmed nominees for defense secretary and homeland security secretary, respectively.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-eo-233950

"Ease the burden"

Amory

This is probably what it was like to work for Trump the businessman.

Like when Charles Miner asks Jim to prepare a "rundown" on The Office.

Dmented

Banned
Wait, am I wrong in this or thinking of something else? But didn't Dump and co say Executive Orders we're "unconstitutional" and thus he would repeal all those signed by Obama?

Wait, am I wrong in this or thinking of something else? But didn't Dump and co say Executive Orders we're "unconstitutional" and thus he would repeal all those signed by Obama?

You were expecting something other than a complete double standard from this piece of shit? lol

C2p_KRqWEAIkMb8.jpg

This is probably what it was like to work for Trump the businessman.

Like when Charles Miner asks Jim to prepare a "rundown" on The Office.

Funny you should say this, the first thought that came to my mind was from Community, and the catch phrase "Bear Down for Midterms"

But your analogy is also apt.

tanooki27

thinking this is a gesture designed to check off one of his campaign's promised "day one" goals and throw a sop to his horde, I mean base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom