• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tries surprisingly to misslead the public once again #TrumpCare

Oersted

DDcDBXdXkAMK3Sv

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880175585418465284

Here’s the problem: It’s incredibly misleading.

You can’t just look at raw dollar figures spent on a given program. Even with no changes to current law, inflation and population growth increase tax revenues, increase the federal budget, and cause programs to cost more in raw dollars.

So what would this chart look like if we superimposed Medicaid spending under current law? Like this:

chart.png

The Senate bill begins to phase out the Medicaid expansion in 2021 — and cuts the rest of the program’s budget too. The Senate bill would end the Affordable Care Act’s expansion of Medicaid to millions of low-income Americans. This program has provided coverage to more Americans than the private marketplaces

It would also cut the rest of the public insurance program. Better Care would also limit government spending on the rest of the Medicaid program, giving states a set amount to spend per person rather than the insurance program’s currently open-ended funding commitment.

More here

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/28/15890750/trump-medicaid-chart-fix

Lock if old

cameron

Can't mislead if you don't understand.
A Fake News Joke! He understands bigly. He knows the subject well.
E295ubT.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880015261004435456
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880017678978736129

NYT: On Senate Health Bill, Trump Falters in the Closer’s Role
Mr. McConnell, who kept the president at a polite arm’s length while he oversaw negotiations over the bill, asked Mr. Trump to arrange the meeting with all 52 Republican senators during a morning phone call, in part to show senators the White House was in fact fully engaged, according to two people with knowledge of the call.

When asked by reporters clustered on the blacktop outside the West Wing if Mr. Trump had command of the details of the negotiations, Mr. McConnell ignored the question and smiled blandly.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
God i'm so tired of the term 'fake news'

It makes an appearance in about 3 out of every 4 of his tweets. To everyone but his most idiotic supporters is screams INSECURE. If he wasn't such an insufferable prick that wants to destroy our country I'd feel sorry for this pathetic little man-child.

Ogodei

I mean, this matches the Econ 101 understanding of economics that most right-wingers (whatever their level of education) seem to have, so...

When asked by reporters clustered on the blacktop outside the West Wing if Mr. Trump had command of the details of the negotiations, Mr. McConnell ignored the question and smiled blandly.

I mean, don't read too much into McConnell smiling blandly, it's the only way he can do it.

adj_noun

I think we've come to the point where the headline Trump tweet is cogent, well thought out would be a real news story worth reporting.

Of course, nobody would believe it was actually him.

God i'm so tired of the term 'fake news'

It makes an appearance in about 3 out of every 4 of his tweets. To everyone but his most idiotic supporters is screams INSECURE. If he wasn't such an insufferable prick that wants to destroy our country I'd feel sorry for this pathetic little man-child.

Remember when 'fake news' was a liberal thing, correctly used to call out bullshit "news" outlets and other pushers of misinformation/propaganda?

Trump 'appropriated' that shit with a quickness for his own nefarious needs.

MazeHaze

Banned
Jesus fucking christ. I've had a few drinks, and shit like this make me want to chuck the mouse at my fucking TV. What the hell are we doing?

This dude keeps talking about "fake news" and he has no idea what that means.

Like this dude at my work was saying "ohh, well they raised the minimum wage to 15 dollars in NY, and they were protesting to keep their hours below 30 so they could still get government assistance! That's what's wrong with this country!"

That shit is fucking fake news. You don't have to protest to get less hours in the service industry, they already want you below 30, and if you have more than that you can just say "hey put me at 30 hours" and they will gladly do it. Like SERIOUSLY what the fuck. All it takes is to think about it for 1 minute to realize it's horseshit and doesn't make any sense.

Shoeless

All it takes is to think about it for 1 minute to realize it's horseshit and doesn't make any sense.

I think a lot of Americans are beginning to realize that ignorance is freedom, and education is a libtard conspiracy. The only real menace is a smart one, and the only truly free American is a dumb one.

Every single thing he says, every single chart he promotes, every single assumption he makes has to be checked.

He can never ever ever be taken at face value.

Top Bottom