• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's 5th Trip to Mar-a-Lago in Less Than 2 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
GZuoHWe.png

g3OlEb0.png

9YaYtrH.png

uykTY6m.png

Azuran

Banned
How is it not illegal that tax payer money is being siphoned to his own business?

All those disgusting Orange turd loving human trash will either wake up and realize the nightmare they created or go down into the abyss that is their own insanity.

They'll probably all be dead by the end of this because they won't have any health care anymore.

mdubs

Banned
On the sad upside, at least he is actually in the region he is in charge of when he's on frequent working vacations.

1297911579379_ORIGINAL.jpg

While this sack of shit is making money from his vacations and spending a ridiculous amounts of tax payer money to take them, his poor supporters are going to get bent over and fucked and they will enjoy it.

Love it.

Fuck you republicans.

Jimrpg

Why does it cost $3.6m a weekend? How many people need to follow him around while he's playing golf? And how much do those people get paid a day?

Pretty sure $20-30k that would be more than enough for the presidential suite for the weekend at most resorts. (well the resorts I go to anyway...)

Why does it cost $3.6m a weekend? How many people need to follow him around while he's playing golf? And how much do those people get paid a day?

Pretty sure $20-30k that would be more than enough for the presidential suite for the weekend at most resorts. (well the resorts I go to anyway...)

Air force one, the presidential limo, secret service personnel and equipment, etc.

Shit costs money to move.

Loxley

You have to bare in mind it's a significant financial burden for the community - which adds to the cost. Extra police security + road closures etc, they all add up.

I'm not even mad at him. His voters have all my ire. A blatant fat cat bigoted clownconman said "vote for me" and vote they did. To hell with them.

mo60

How is it not illegal that tax payer money is being siphoned to his own business?

All those disgusting Orange turd loving human trash will either wake up and realize the nightmare they created or go down into the abyss that is their own insanity.

I wonder if the democrats once trump is gone can work with republicans to create new laws that restrict unecessary travel by presidents so taxpayers don't have to pay millons every week for trump's and his family travel.

On the sad upside, at least he is actually in the region he is in charge of when he's on frequent working vacations.

1297911579379_ORIGINAL.jpg

At least taxpayers are not wasting over 10 millon of their own money on Brian Pallister's trips to Costa Rica.

Korigama

Poor people's idea of a rich person. Also he bought Mar a Lago at a discount from the government he's destroying.
Actually, he bought it at a discount from the Post estate in 1985, five years after it had been returned to them by the government (after decades of not being used as a presidential winter retreat as initially envisioned). The only reason they accepted the price he offered, which was $7 million less than his initial offer, was because he threatened to build a building that would block Mar-a-Lago's beach view...having lied about the purchase of the land between Mar-a-Lago and the ocean that would've enabled him to do such a thing in the first place, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar-a-Lago#History

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
My theory: He's at Mar-A-Lago communicate with that Russian Spy Ship that keeps showing up off the East Coast of Florida. He know's US IC is watching his every move. This is how he get's his barking orders from the Kremlin!

malfcn

Gotta cut spending on everything else. It's sickening that there is no money for education and health care, but plenty for petty bullshit.

Sobriquet

For some perspective, Obama's travel expenses over 8 years totaled $97 million. Trump will surpass that in his first year.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
For some perspective, Obama's travel expenses over 8 years totaled $97 million. Trump will surpass that in his first year.

I think he's already above that if you add in the cost of protecting the wife who doesn't want to live with him. In my mind she's been on a New York vacation for the last two months.

Jotakori

Gooooodd this is so irritating. Taxes bite my ass every time, I at least wanna know what I pay is going toward stuff I find important. But no, instead he's cutting funding on all the stuff I care about and building dumb ass walls and taking million dollar vacations??? This orange fuckwit is so infuriating, ugh.

120v

wouldn't be surprised if he's barely in washington at all by the end of his term. being hunkered away with a bunch of staffers reading you briefings every five minutes must be sort of traumatizing to him. he looks run down already imo

RawNuts

Not to mention that every time he is down here, traffic goes to shit. He is also siphoning a ton of money from my county in security costs, with most of the officers assigned to protecting him being paid overtime, and it seems more and more like the county won't be reimbursed for these costs. Fuck these bullshit trips.

Monocle

Actually, he bought it at a discount from the Post estate in 1985, five years after it had been returned to them by the government (after decades of not being used as a presidential winter retreat as initially envisioned). The only reason they accepted the price he offered, which was $7 million less than his initial offer, was because he threatened to build a building that would block Mar-a-Lago's beach view...having lied about the purchase of the land between Mar-a-Lago and the ocean that would've enabled him to do such a thing in the first place, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar-a-Lago#History
That makes him smart!

Exile20

So Trump decided to take his 5th trip to Mar-a-Lago this weekend in less than two months. Each trip cost taxpayers 3.6 million. That's over 18 million in less than 2 months that tax payers are paying for Donald Trump to play golf. For reference Obama took 1 and a half years to spend $18 million on trips. Unfortunately he feels like healthcare, arts, and science aren't worth spending money on though. When will someone call him out on this bullshit?

How much is his wife and kid wasting for them to stay in NY?

Wag

Like he cares he's a con man who conned a bunch of yokel's that will believe what ever bullshit he spews.

His supporters might not care but the NYPD who's protecting Trump Tower will care that their budget is being cut. Do you really want the people who are protecting you and your family's life resenting you?

tsumineko

Never forget that Donald Trump is a Republican, and was put into power by the Republicans as their leader. This is so important going forward. Never seperate them.

Brakke

Banned
I wonder if the democrats once trump is gone can work with republicans to create new laws that restrict unecessary travel by presidents so taxpayers don't have to pay millons every week for trump's and his family travel.

At least taxpayers are not wasting over 10 millon of their own money on Brian Pallister's trips to Costa Rica.

The problem isn't that we're "wasting" money, it's that we're paying this money directly to Trump himself. It's looting, not frivolity (well, it's also frivolity).

And anyway we have a system in place to prevent villains from using the office of the President to loot the American people: elections.

Nokterian

All your tax money is going there american people..this money is not spend on important things like meal on wheels or nasa or epa..no this guy will go to this adres every...single..week.

And melania trump? She will be parked in NYC for the next 4 years..costing even more on tax payers money.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
we have a thread about everything Trump does, we don't need a thread about everything he doesn't do as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom