• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

zroid

Banned
yesss the Theatrhythm photo where I forgot to put my name in there was accepted :>

points for good behaviour in the past?

yesss the Theatrhythm photo where I forgot to put my name in there was accepted :>

I think they are just being more flexible with their rules.

It used to be that you had to take a photo with your name, but now I see them also accepting screenshots.

I think as long as your picture isn't exactly the same as someone elses you should be good, and having your name in there prevents situations where two photos look a like.

It's also my theory why some people had their Platinum FZero photo declined for the Gold FZero challenge, their exact photo was already in the system so it was declined.

frequency

I didn't know you are supposed to put your name. I have never put my name in any of the pictures and all my challenge submissions have been accepted.

EGM92

I didn't know you are supposed to put your name. I have never put my name in any of the pictures and all my challenge submissions have been accepted.

you're supposed to put your name and ID in the picture. I've missed a couple but since I have a very unique setup at home and a unique PC MisterJ should have no problem identifying if it's really me or not.

frequency

you're supposed to put your name and ID in the picture. I've missed a couple but since I have a very unique setup at home and a unique PC MisterJ should have no problem identifying if it's really me or not.

well now I'm feeling pretty dumb :|

It was not intention to make feeling dumb! I am sorry. I really just did not know that I was require to put name. Maybe I am just lucky or they are seeing something that can identify is me that I am not noticing.

I do have stickers on my 3DS for decorate so that is one way to tell is me. But computer I just take screen shot. Trophy I go to the official PlayStation website to get it and show screen shot. But I cut down the screenshot to make it smaller size and do not show my name in it. Only the trophy and date/time it get it.

Sora_N

Damn, that MGS4 challenge is EASY. The problem is that I may or may not have the save file while makes it time consuming.

Was just about to ask, what's required? I only have one save file. I may not have the HD space to install MGS4 though. It's been 2-3 years since I played MGS4 too.

EGM92

Was just about to ask, what's required? I only have one save file. I may not have the HD space to install MGS4 though. It's been 2-3 years since I played MGS4 too.

I had a save from 3+ years ago, I loaded it up and it was the Snake VS Ocelot, I took a picture of that which is post hallway and was just accepted today

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Reading through the forum at tsilon, I can't believe people are selling the perk codes. I feel like the site is probably going to come crashing down due to a few people abusing the system.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
People are stupid. Wouldn't be surprised that the people selling them are RFD scum. I just give whatever perks I don't want to Gaf members.

I'm shocked we've had two dailies in a row. Level 49.

Expiry date's tomorrow, we're not going to get reissued codes are we.

Damn, that MGS4 challenge is EASY. The problem is that I may or may not have the save file while makes it time consuming.
They can just look at your trophy data to see if you've done it right? Guess I'm finally replaying MGS4.

frequency

Some people had lots of accounts. So if you're requesting all of them on all your accounts and selling each one for a few dollars, it can add up to a lot for very little effort.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Update on the codes.

Mister G said:
I have connected to the digital systems at Future Shop to reach out to our insider there. The team there is currently working hard to re-initialize the code program and I'll update you on the launch shortly. In the meantime here is our

January Promo Code FAQ

Will existing pre-orders be honoured or cancelled?
FS: Unused codes are inactive. Customers who have used code, and pre-ordered the game(s) are okay. Their orders have not been touched.

Will new codes be issued? Do I have to apply again to get one?
FS: Yes, they will be issued. Yes, you will have to apply for a new one. If you defraud us, you risk having your order cancelled, and feeling the wrath of the ban-hammer!

What is the expiry for re-issued codes?
FS: The expiry for the new codes will be February 28

I “borrowed” a code from another user. Will my order be cancelled?
FS: No, as long as you didn’t sell it, and used it to pre-order a game, you should be fine.

Can we buy games through Tsilon directly?
Mister G: This is a function we are considering adding to the site, but for the time being we thank our partners at futureshop.ca for supporting our perk program.

Can we give our codes away?
FS: As long as the codes are traded within the GLIST community, for now that is acceptable. We are looking at this policy, and may change it down the road.

Can the $10 off codes and Tsilon perks be stacked?
Mister G and FS: GLIST perks can not be combined with any other offer.

What is best in life?
Mister G: To crush your enemies and see them driven before you.
FS: For Goku to finally throw that spirit bomb.

Thank you again for your patience as we resolve this issue. In a follow-up to the previous post, those involved with feeding the møøse have been sacked and then shot. Or shot and then sacked. It was unclear.

Mister G said:
Statik said:
Does this include pre order bonuses ? As most, if not all these games come with them.
Pre-order bonuses are not affected by G-List Promo Codes. We, the Misters, know that our constructs want... nay... need to be the first to get access to these entertainment simulations. We hope that the promo codes our insider has negotiated can help you do that.

andrew2696 said:
So the new codes will expire February 28th and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is out the 19th can I use the code for a regular order not just a pre-order? Either way thanks for the update. Very informative. Also kudos for a Conan the Barbarian reference.
At this time codes can only be used for pre-orders.
http://www.tsilon.ca/core/index.php?topic=1430.100

frequency

Can we give our codes away?
FS: As long as the codes are traded within the GLIST community, for now that is acceptable. We are looking at this policy, and may change it down the road.

So I guess no more NeoGAF sharing for a while?

zeitgeist

Anyone already try re-requesting the codes? If so any luck? I sat on a few of my codes to decide if I really wanted the games and once the codes were snatched away from me, I was able to decide which ones to go for.

You don't know what you got 'til it's gone :(

chicoquente

Neo Member
Anyone already try re-requesting the codes? If so any luck? I sat on a few of my codes to decide if I really wanted the games and once the codes were snatched away from me, I was able to decide which ones to go for.

You don't know what you got 'til it's gone :(

I'm not sure if there is a point in re-requesting yet as they said they don't know exactly when codes will be available again. They said Monday is a possibility but they are not sure.

I wonder what the chances are of them releasing new codes so I can get MG:R before the pre-order time is up...

I hope the hoarders and scammers are happy.

krae_man

We're working with Future Shop right now to inject the codes into our system. We'll be performing some tests to ensure we don't run into the same issues again, so please stay tuned in this thread for an update on our go-time. We'll be notifying users here, on Facebook, and on Twitter at least 24 hours before the perk goes live (possibly longer) to ensure that everyone's on a level playing field.

Again, thank you constructs for understanding through this period of growth. The list expanded significantly over the holidays (hello new, quiet constructs) and we're now prepared to deal with the increased volume.

Top Bottom