• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tsilon Version 2.0: The Arcademy

krae_man

For everyone wondering what the new EPN.TV would be. Here's the email I just received:

Hey everybody!

Victor Lucas here. I want to start by thanking you for your friendship over the years, it means so much to us and we truly appreciate each and every one of you.

Now, we are excited to bring you our very own “Next Gen” launch.

EPN.tv
At EPN.tv you will find everything you have loved, and a ton more!

New exciting content, a new site with live streaming shows and interviews, extras, podcasts, archived content, behind the scenes fun, and something we are very proud of...

Arcademy
Arcademy is something new that we’re rolling out: it’s a gaming community built around YOU! Your Arcademy account will level up over time, with daily and weekly challenges, special events, and prize-packed tournaments. Join the forum to have your say, contribute and enjoy user-created content, and take your place on our leaderboards. It’s a brand new idea and we think you’ll love it.

Cheers,

Victor Lucas and the EP Media Team

http://arcademy.net/

Your old Tsilon login will work. Not much there but a forum at the moment, but here's hoping for something awesome again.

UberTag

Was it Victor Lucas and company running the old Tsilon promo? Or is this venture completely independent (but similar)?

KarmaCow

Wait is your Tsilon login supposed to work? It's been a while since I've used it but the site doesn't recognize my username or any possible email I might have used on Tsilon.

zroid

Banned
Really?

Mine did.

I was told all that would transfer over(Including level and lives). Maybe that's not done yet.

yea... I'm looking at the "Old World" thread on the forum now. Don't know. I tried to login and it said this username doesn't exist. Even when I tried to retrieve the password, it said this email isn't registered. Oh well...

If your previous Tsilon logins aren't working, make a new account and PM an admin about retaining your legacy rank. I guess something didn't work properly when they opened it up.

Also, don't make 72 accounts.
Double edit: Seems like they were unable to keep non-beta registrations. If you were in during the beta, you're fine. If you weren't, again, just make a new account and PM an admin about your legacy rank.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So... what is this thing? I never really understood Tsilon tbh.

I never understood what was going on, either.
Tsilon was very simple once you got in (it was convoluted to get in at the start). You earned points by completing challenges or answering daily questions in order to gain levels. Whenever they had perks ($20 off a preorder + other stuff) you had to be a certain level to claim a perk (level 10+, 20+, etc).

Some of the perks I claimed:

1 free $60 game
countless $20 off preorders
$50 off WiiU preorder
$70 off James Bond Bluray set
a couple hundred dollars worth of CinemaNow credit (I gave it all away)
Assassin's Creed III launch party invite where I got this for free
Resistance BS (Vita) for free at one of the meetups

DJ_Lae

I had about $100...I think I still have the credit in my account, actually.

Never used it because the service was so restrictive with what I could play movies on, or what I could play HD movies on. Sony was supposed to add an app for their Blu-ray players last year but never did, so I guess I'll continue to sit on the credits.

$20 off a ton of games made it more than worthwhile, and I loved the completely free game even if I blew it on SSX.

Fuzzy

If your previous Tsilon logins aren't working, make a new account and PM an admin about retaining your legacy rank. I guess something didn't work properly when they opened it up.

Also, don't make 72 accounts.
Double edit: Seems like they were unable to keep non-beta registrations. If you were in during the beta, you're fine. If you weren't, again, just make a new account and PM an admin about your legacy rank.
Yeah, I sent Polatron a PM about my tsilon rank and the fact I had a different name there and he replied with the following.

No problem at all, we'll move over your Legacy rank and lives once we've got a list (hah) of people requesting them. Lots to do, so we'll get to them in a batch before they're applicable again.

Good to see you back!

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Tsilon login wasn't working so I made a new account. Where did you guys see that Tsilon stuff is supposed to carry over anyway?

FyreWulff

Don't even remember when I joined, wasn't that high rank anyways so nothing lost if I can't login or remember my account details..

Are you me? :(

If you can remember your username/email or use the same email, that will prove it enough for me to reconnect your legacy data for when you re-register.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you can remember your username/email or use the same email, that will prove it enough for me to reconnect your legacy data for when you re-register.
I was wondering if you were the same dude there. lol

Do we have to do anything, or should we pm you?

krae_man

Tsilon was very simple once you got in (it was convoluted to get in at the start). You earned points by completing challenges or answering daily questions in order to gain levels. Whenever they had perks ($20 off a preorder + other stuff) you had to be a certain level to claim a perk (level 10+, 20+, etc).

Some of the perks I claimed:

1 free $60 game
countless $20 off preorders
$50 off WiiU preorder
$70 off James Bond Bluray set
Assassin's Creed III launch party invite where I got this for free
Resistance BS (Vita) for free at one of the meetups

:lol

FyreWulff is a mister.

UberTag

So if we sign up for this site we'll get Tsilon-style promos so we don't need to spend $70 to get games on Day 1, correct?

Cheerilee

Arcademy
Arcademy is something new that we’re rolling out: it’s a gaming community built around YOU! Your Arcademy account will level up over time, with daily and weekly challenges, special events, and prize-packed tournaments. Join the forum to have your say, contribute and enjoy user-created content, and take your place on our leaderboards. It’s a brand new idea and we think you’ll love it.
Can't spell e-peen without EPN.

Anteros

Neo Member
Nice. I'm glad to see Tsilon rise again in a new form.I enjoyed Tsilon immensely.

I've been checking out the Tsilon forums off and on since it died in the hope that something would happen.

I wasn't able to login with my Tsilon credentials either unfortunately so I just created a new account as well.

Fuzzy

Qq3oWHW.jpg

There's a section in the epn menu called "EB deals". Didn't really see any deals there yet; it's basically just links to buying games at EB Games. Hopefully there will be a perks equivalent (what they had on Tsilon). $20 off on pre-orders would be huge since I'll never buy a game for the $70 stores are charging now.

Fuzzy

There's a section in the epn menu called "EB deals". Didn't really see any deals there yet; it's basically just links to buying games at EB Games. Hopefully there will be a perks equivalent (what they had on Tsilon). $20 off on pre-orders would be huge since I'll never buy a game for the $70 stores are charging now.
They might get me to buy games from EB.

FyreWulff

Plans around that side of the site are still coming together. We know people didn't like how we'd say something and have it not pan out (I read every single post in that other thread), so we're going to avoid saying stuff until it's locked down tight now, especially since we'll have more control over the entire thing.

Trials will start next week with all new grade system, in the meantime.

Mr. F

Banned
Hope this means more perks down the line (especially with game prices going up), never really paid attention to the community aspect.

FyreWulff

That's not to diminish it for those who dig that aspect! I just didn't have the time or patience for anything aside from the trivia and the occasional challenge.

The forums have a much nicer layout this time, at least. You should find them a lot more usable. Last time we kind of mangled SMF a lot.

Also, I like your screenname, sir

Fuzzy

The forums have a much nicer layout this time, at least. You should find them a lot more usable. Last time we kind of mangled SMF a lot.

Also, I like your screenname, sir
It's nice being able to see the time stamp of every post without having to quote somebody first. That always pissed me off. Too bad I can't figure out how to change the time zone to EDT. :(

FyreWulff

It's nice being able to see the time stamp of every post without having to quote somebody first. That always pissed me off. Too bad I can't figure out how to change the time zone to EDT. :(

At a certain point we had mangled it so much we couldn't come back and fix that.

We were much smarter this time and actually made the forum layout as a separate theme instead of editing the base forum software. Lessons learned.

I've added being able to change the timezone to my plate.

Kalren

Good to see Tsilon back in a new form. I wasn't able to take advantage of the deals that were available, but I was glad I had the option.

FyreWulff

Yup!

Also, when I finish re-attaching your old world data to accounts, it'll show up like this in your challenge log:

i5Tzj9K.png

If you were in the beta, and had completed challenges, you should already see that.

Trials are now open.

http://arcademy.net/trials/

Here's an example for the SMB trial grades. As you can see, it's not like tsilon's all-or-nothing approach.

xwPAaa1.png

Yup!

Also, when I finish re-attaching your old world data to accounts, it'll show up like this in your challenge log:

i5Tzj9K.png

If you were in the beta, and had completed challenges, you should already see that.
I have no idea what any of this means.

Do I have to film myself doing this? Do I mark it as complete if I've already done it?

This was my problem with Tsilon; I had no idea what the hell it wanted from me.

Fuzzy

Do I have to film myself doing this? Do I mark it as complete if I've already done it?

Take a picture doing one of those things. The higher on the list means you get more points for doing it.

For example, I've already taken a screenshot on my phone with a score higher than 20 for the Flappy Bird trial but I'll try to beat one of the tougher ones (30, 40, 50) before submitting.

FyreWulff

Like Fuzzy said, take a picture or screencap of the trial being completed, with your name somewhere so we can tell you didn't just grab it off google. Then upload it somewhere and submit the link.

Depending one what grade of the trial you completed, you will be award for that grade for the trial. Unlike the previous place, it's not all or nothing anymore.

Orca

Like Fuzzy said, take a picture or screencap of the trial being completed, with your name somewhere so we can tell you didn't just grab it off google. Then upload it somewhere and submit the link.

Depending one what grade of the trial you completed, you will be award for that grade for the trial. Unlike the previous place, it's not all or nothing anymore.

How do I do that for the Flappy Bird one? I can get a screenshot of my high score - 44 or so - but how do I show a username...put it on paper, then get a picture of the high score and the phone?

Top Bottom