• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tulsa woman allegedly slashes corpse Of boyfriend's Ex at Funeral Home. The mugshot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/shaynna-lauren-sims_n_7214012.html

shaynna%20lauren%20sims_1430757770170_17818771_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

A Tulsa woman is behind bars after allegedly cutting up the corpse of her boyfriend's former girlfriend.

Shaynna Lauren Sims, 26, was arrested last Thursday at a funeral home. Family members of the deceased woman called police after they witnessed Sims put her hands into the casket, according to News9.com.

Responding officers said the corpse's face was smeared with makeup and slashed with "a large vertical cut starting from the hairline stretching to the tip of the nose," according to the police report.

There was also hair belonging to the deceased on the floor.

Police say they found a folding knife on Sims along with with hair that matched the strands found on the floor, as well as scissors, a box-cutting knife and "various pieces of makeup."

A family member told police that Sims stole shoes off the corpse's feet, NewsOn6.com reports.

John Wilson, funeral director for the Moore Funeral Home Eastlawn Chapel, told Tulsa World that the incident is the first time in his three-decade career that he's seen a corpse being compromised.

“It’s really unfortunate that it happened,” Wilson said.

Police aren't sure why Sims attacked the deceased, but told Fox23.com that the suspect and the dead woman were "frenemies" and that Sims' boyfriend used to date the woman.

Sims was arrested and charged with illegal dissection of a human body. She remains in the Tulsa County Jail on $20,000 bond, half of which relates to a previous assault and battery charge.

Sims was charged with child neglect in February and pleaded guilty to an amended charge of assault and battery on April 15. She was given a deferred sentence at the time, according to NewsOn6.com.

She's the corpse right? No!?

Police aren't sure why Sims attacked the deceased, but told Fox23.com that the suspect and the dead woman were "frenemies" and that Sims' boyfriend used to date the woman.

The 'friend' part of frenemies is a little generous, no?

Imagine being part of the family of the deceased one. This is one of the lowest thing one could do, A funeral is a way to say your final goodbye, and a open casket is made so that the peole can see that person one last time. This... This is fucking despicable.

I wish she had gotten the beaten of a lifetime right on that spot.

Razmos

Imagine being part of the family of the diseased one. This is one of the lowest thing one could do, A funeral is a way to say your final goodbye, and a open casket is made so that the peole can see that person one last time. This... This is fucking despicable.
Deceased, man, deceased.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Imagine being part of the family of the diseased one. This is one of the lowest thing one could do, A funeral is a way to say your final goodbye, and a open casket is made so that the peole can see that person one last time. This... This is fucking despicable.

I wish she had gotten the beaten of a lifetime right on that spot.

On one hand, I agree. That's pretty damn low. Especially in front of family! WTF?!

BUT,

How is this a crime? Its a dead body, so... it's not assault. The body isn't property, is it? Other than trespassing and - I swear I'm not trying to make a pun - defacing a corpse, I'm at a loss to see how this would be anything more than a misdemeanor. Her bond is ridiculous, too. $20,000? Seriously?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
On one hand, I agree. That's pretty damn low. Especially in front of family! WTF?!

BUT,

How is this a crime? Its a dead body, so... it's not assault. The body isn't property, is it? Other than trespassing and - I swear I'm not trying to make a pun - defacing a corpse, I'm at a loss to see how this would be anything more than a misdemeanor. Her bond is ridiculous, too. $20,000? Seriously?

It's illegal to desecrate corpses and rob graves.

Eila

BUT,

I wouldn't want the corpse of a beloved one touched. I think it's a very serious offense, and you have to be mentally fucked up to do something like that in front of the family.

My god, look at how small and beady her eyes are.

Also it wasn't enough to slash the face? She had to go and take the shoes too?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Ugh, what a piece of shit. Absolute lack of empathy. People like this scare the hell out of me.

BUT,

You don't know how this is a crime? Damn, I guess fucking up funerals is normal wherever you're at!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
We haven't reached the half-way point for 2015 yet, but I really doubt I'll read anything more messed up that this for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom