• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

It wouldn't be until Ruby and Sapphire that Meowth's line got cut, a move about using claws to cut stuff...

Red and Blue had some weird movepools. All the random Pokemon that could learn surf was another example (Rhydon?). Lickitung didn't get lick until Gold and Silver, for example.

A lot, though far from all of movepool choices in the series can be (somewhat) justified by looking at the Japanese names. I remember looking up why Aerial Ace could be learned by so many non-flying Pokemon and it was because its Japanese name was the name of a Japanese sword technique.

According to bulbapdedia, Cut's Japanese name is some sort of martial art with using swords so it doesn't make sense for a cat.

but Pokemon logic

Rapstah

You only have to do the fights in the gym besides the gymleaders once, right?

All normal trainers (which is everyone except the Elite Four, scripted rival battles and possibly other scripted battles) are possible to win against exactly once, regardless of how much you lose after the fight is over.

Cess007

I've been checking this thread since page 48ish. You've been here consistently everytime I check back lol. Dud we make it through the cave?

Yes, they're now at Erika (Celadon) Gym.
Funnily, i've missed some mayor events but yeah, i've been hooked to this since Friday :p I can't believe how amazing, frustrating and incredible is this! I will play PKMN Red in my old Gameboy when all this ordeal is done :)

Through the cave, at 4th gym currently.
zmaBSlL.gif

We are gonna do it guys!!!!
Can't wait for the sliding ice puzzles! SEETHE

Top Bottom