• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

How the hell did they manage to get to Silph

icqUXFZGviN4w.gif

El Sloth

Banned
This seems relevant:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=770579

lCW7910.jpg

The researchers conducted multiple studies, using samples from Amazon’s Mechanical Turk but also of college students, to try to understand why the act of trolling seems to attract this type of personality. They even constructed their own survey instrument, which they dubbed the Global Assessment of Internet Trolling, or GAIT, containing the following items:

• I have sent people to shock websites for the lulz.
  • I like to troll people in forums or the comments section of websites.
  • I enjoy griefing other players in multiplayer games.
  • The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt.
Yes, some people actually say they agree with such statements. And again, doing so was correlated with sadism in its various forms, with psychopathy, and with Machiavellianism. Overall, the authors found that the relationship between sadism and trolling was the strongest, and that indeed, sadists appear to troll because they find it pleasurable.

My favorite reason.

Can someone explain why we hate Eevee? I know that Rattata and Charmelon were released, and that the stream screwed up by getting the Fire Stone, but why is that Eevee's fault? :(

Can someone explain why we hate Eevee? I know that Rattata and Charmelon were released, and that the stream screwed up by getting the Fire Stone, but why is that Eevee's fault? :(

Because of Eevee, precious slot for Pokémon with surf was gone (supposedly that slot was for Lapras). Then time wasted and damages done just to free up another slot

Sianos

The meta-narrative adds an extra layer of fun to the more... dull parts of the run.

As far as run strategy goes, I still think the best bet is to try again for the Daycare and obtain Lapras for Surf and Pokemon Tower.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Despite the obvious downsides to doing so, the majority of users chose to get Eevee. They then failed to buy a Water Stone, accidentally buying a Fire Stone and evolving Eevee into Flareon. After going to the PC to deposit it, they accidentally released Abby the Charmeleon (the second highest-leveled Pokémon) and Jay Leno the Rattata, as well as putting Pidgeot (the highest-leveled Pokémon) and the Helix Fossil into the PC. This caused even the ones who had wanted the Eevee in the first place to blame Eevee for this.

ea4.jpg

Wiz

False prophet sent by the Dome Fossil to tear apart our team and banish Abby and Jay Leno. Only after banishing the team's fire type was he able to evolve into Flareon. Now we await the fate of our other team members.

TheOGB

Banned
Weak minds find something to blame after a tragedy. That's what happens to those who put blind faith in rocks.

Gruco

Banned
There was an open slot, but also a need to get a pokemon that can use surf.

Team Eevee thought they could get Eevee and turn into into a Vap or Jolt. Team anti-Eevee had no confidence in the ability to buy (or use) the right stone, and knew that they'd ultimately have to box something if they failed to get Vap. Boxing = using PC = risk of unintended release.

Thus the alternate plan was to ignore Eevee, and simply wait for Lapras, which was a riskless surfing Pokemon.

Of course, team Eevee got their way and all of team anti-Eevee's warnings came to pass.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Because they went to the PC to make room for Eevee, despite all the warnings.

Now we all have blood in our hands, and it's all his fault.

Sianos

There was an open slot, but also a need to get a pokemon that can use surf.

Team Eevee thought they could get Eevee and turn into into a Vap or Jolt. Team anti-Eevee had no confidence in the ability to buy (or use) the right stone, and knew that they'd ultimately have to box something if they failed to get Vap. Boxing = using PC = risk of unintended release.

Thus the alternate plan was to ignore Eevee, and simply wait for Lapras, which was a riskless surfing Pokemon.

Of course, team Eevee got their way and all of team anti-Eevee's warnings came to pass.

And after everything that's happened, with the release of two favorites, we STILL need to free up a slot for Lapras, which means either braving the PC AGAIN or trying for the Daycare ledge once more.

Grizzo

All this talk about Pokemon reminds me of something: why isn't there Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal on the 3DS Virtual Console yet? I want to try one of the Gen II game, since the copy of Crystal I got off eBay can't save the game anymore.

Top Bottom