• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Regiruler

Some might appreciate this

LaOt1EQ.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BRILLIANT
Other than the fact that the positions need to be swapped as the black-coated Asha'man are the good guys

Crosseyes

Banned
Most people would rather not let the stream die than "preserve its purpose" being stuck for days.

Now that the over-frustration has been dealt with it's back to Anarchy and everyone's happy except the kind of people who start9 filibuster when they don't get their way. Who's the real crybabies?

We spent 6 hours trying to pass a simple ledge, and it was fun. Imagine having democracy mode during the Ledge portion, it would have been boring and no one would have cared. It wouldn't have felt like an accomplishment when we beat a simple part if it wasn't for the chaos. There we're already plenty of other "TwitchPlays" streams that had "voting" modes for Pokemon Blue/Yellow. People should have used those streams if they actually wanted to see a simple "Twitch beats ____" run. This was about the chaos and fun.
No, this is a social experiment of sorts. The creator changed the rules a bit, but it still remains so. It's up to the majority to decide how the game will be played. It doesnt stop the game from being chaotic if most people want chaos.

Tawpgun

Most people would rather not let the stream die than "preserve its purpose" being stuck for days.

Now that the over-frustration has been dealt with it's back to Anarchy and everyone's happy except the kind of people who start9 filibuster when they don't get their way. Who's the real crybabies?

Yup. Democracy has a time and place, but otherwise Anarchy should reign.

Coexist!

Mory Dunz

There's 75,000 people. For whatever reason, the majority of them seem to want to beat this game (A game all of them have probably beaten numerous times) more than see what the randomness can accomplish.

But they still enjoy the randomness too as shown by the quick descent back to anarchy after the task is completed. But at certain points they want order...

Interesting. I will complile the data. >_>

Does nobody else think it's interesting to watch the stream figure out and vote for the correct string of commands?

I really do, but everyone is so passive aggressive towards it.

It is still working together, its more predictable sure, but its still interesting.

It is not a freaking "Let's Play". People need to stop comparing an unoccasional mechanic to that.

100k+ people playing a single player game is not a "Let's Play".

Edit:
I think 99% Anarchy with Democracy for the "okay srsly guise" moments is good.

Exactly. Its on Anarchy most of the time anyway.

Doing nothing for a full day isn't fun. I don't need to think about the ledge with Democracy, it wasn't there and we didn't need it. We clearly needed something different.

Now that we've accomplished our goal let's go fucking nuts. Time and place.

We could have battled random trainers, and gotten a Pokedoll to use in Pokemon Tower. Yes, it would have taken us hours, and it could have failed, but then we would have at least had an actual adventure, an actual story, and an actual exciting stream.

Seriously, the entire fun was seeing all the chaos. Abby and Jay Leno getting released? Ledge taking 6 hours? Rock Cave taking nearly a day? Feeling successful when we deposited DigRat? The Eevee hate? The Helix worship? All of that was fun because of the random mode.

Why do people want to see us beat the game so badly? If you really wanted to beat the game, play the game yourself or use a different stream? Or is it because those streams aren't as "popular" as this one? There was reason this stream was so fun, because of the chaos.

I can't wait for the chat to turn on "democracy" mode during the Elite Four, and ruin the entire fun yet again.

TheOGB

Banned

I think 99% Anarchy with Democracy for the "okay srsly guise" moments is good.

No, this is a social experiment of sorts. The creator changed the rules a bit, but it still remains so. It's up to the majority to decide how the game will be played. It doesnt stop the game from being chaotic if most people want chaos.

Yup. Democracy has a time and place, but otherwise Anarchy should reign.

Coexist!

Yep. Since the chat is the one that dictates when and how this happens I'm fine with this setup.

They really just turned Democracy On in order to get the Silph Scope without any mayor issues and fast. Once it was obtained, Anarchy is always the way to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrxenJuiSHw

Kirye

I'm okay with democracy taking the reins to get the scope. It's been far too long inside Rocket HQ. Back to anarchy!

Dares

Once we get outside then it's time for the hivemind to figure out what the hell to do next.

I heard something about Swift?

Cyan

Banned
It's about the journey.
It's not about finishing.
It's about sharing this wonderful experience.

#teamanarchy

Thank you, this. It makes me feel like a grumpy old man yelling at clouds, but come on. Think how much it meant beating the ledge boss versus the anti-climax of picking up the Scope just now.

A vote for anarchy is a vote for glorious joyful chaos!

Mory Dunz

We could have battled random trainers, and gotten a Pokedoll to use in Pokemon Tower. Yes, it would have taken us hours, and it could have failed, but then we would have at least had an actual adventure, an actual story, and an actual exciting stream.

Seriously, the entire fun was seeing all the chaos. Abby and Jay Leno getting released? Ledge taking 6 hours? Rock Cave taking nearly a day? Feeling successful when we deposited DigRat? The Eevee hate? The Helix worship? All of that was fun because of the random mode.

Why do people want to see us beat the game so badly? If you really wanted to beat the game, play the game yourself or use a different stream? Or is it because those streams aren't as "popular" as this one? There was reason this stream was so fun, because of the chaos.

I can't wait for the chat to turn on "democracy" mode during the Elite Four, and ruin the entire fun yet again.

It's the 75,000 playing the game that want to see it beaten. They're choosing the comands. They've all already beaten it, but something is compelling them. I find the anarchy more interesting, but i'm not playing. Maybe I'd feel differently if I were inputing commands.

Isn't it interesting itself that people really want to beat...
Pokemon Red? (for the 100th time)

RedShift

Someone needs to get me up to speed on what happened when I was asleep.

I see we beat Giovanni, dug out, re-entered and got the Scope.

Does anyone have a video of the Giovanni battle?

How many tries did it take to beat him?

Someone needs to get me up to speed on what happened when I was asleep.

I see we beat Giovanni, dug out, re-entered and got the Scope.

Does anyone have a video of the Giovanni battle?

How many tries did it take to beat him?
We beat him on the second try. Sweep by PidGod with help from Ninja Dux.

We should take the democracy one step further and just nominate one person to take over the commands. Then things will get done in no time.
NONO NO NO
Take that idea and throw it out the window.

Mory Dunz

Personally, I think it should only be anarchy until the Safari Zone. Entertainment wise. I don't see people waiting that long for democracy to get it done so that'd be funny.

EDIT:
I'm starting to think there's like a 50/50 split. Once one gets there, the other half stops doing commands and just writes democracy or anarchy all the time.

Top Bottom