• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TXB Fable Review....

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Remember when those guys gave Brute Force something like 9.6? I can't quite imagine how Fable could be a worse game than that, as their score would suggest :p

PhatSaqs

Banned
Marconelly said:
Remember when those guys gave Brute Force something like 9.6? I can't quite imagine how Fable could be a worse game than that, as their score would suggest :p
lmao! They also gave MTV Music Mixer a 9.0 :p

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Will the game come under heavy criticism for its short length and lackluster storyline? Absolutely.

Fable certainly falls a tad short on many of its original claims promising an epic adventure. When I think of epic, a strong story is first and foremost in my mind.

My two biggest complaints are 1.) there are not enough quests in total and 2.) the choices you make do not affect the overall outcome of the story that much

Fable isn?t very difficult which also hurts its longevity..... Health and Will potions are overly abundant and I only came close to dying once or twice.

Perhaps with so many years of Fable updates and information, we were expecting something that no game could possibly be; perfect.

ANOTHER XBOMB BITE THE DUST

Kon Tiki

Banned
The article, content, or media is not available, has moved, or been renamed.

Did the xbots ont he forum demand a recount?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
London bridge is falling down...falling down...falling down...

Soul4ger

PhatSaqs said:
Those quotes certianly dont sound like a 9.1 game.

Certainly don't say it's overblown like other Molyneux games, 'cause then you'll just get responses like, "WTF BLACK & WHITE WAS THE ONLY BAD 1 DUNGEON KEEPER RULZ!"

Black & White and now this. Well I think it's safe to say the power of hype that Peter Molyneux throws out won't have the same power next time.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
lmao! They also gave MTV Music Mixer a 9.0 :p
Hehe, yeah. But you can tell they are maturing as a site, if they can put highly hyped game like this under some scrutiny (which they simply failed to do with Brute Force).

Marconelly said:
Hehe, yeah. But you can tell they are maturing as a site, if they can put highly hyped game like this under some scrutiny (which they simply failed to do with Brute Force).

But still gave it a high score. The fanboy is still strong in them. How do you give a game with such glaring problems (as said in their own review ... which was actually well written for a change) a score of 9.0?

bloke

Well i think everyone will be happy now; haters cause it's not the best game/RPG evar, and xbots cause the game seems to be pretty good afterall.

Kon Tiki

Banned
The best looking RPG on any console. Expansive environments, highly detailed characters, and great use of particle and lighting effects. The NPC and enemy variation is a bit thin, but the changes in your hero make up for it. The framerate does take a hit from time to time.

... Whaaaaat?

Society said:
... Whaaaaat?

Allow me to help ...

money-hat.jpg

Makura

It seems like a solid title, but the thing that seems to be hurting Fable is the high expectations caused by the bloviations from Molyneux early on in development.

That said, it appears to me that the game is being overscored by Xbox sites. I get the impression that they would rather overrate it than backtrack on thier convictions that it would be the greatest RPG ever and a shining example of why Xbox is the true home of innovation.

Society said:
Are they really funded by MS?

The WMP whoring is a bit overthe top.

I don't know. :lol Although I don't think much of TeamXbox (most overrated xbox site on the net imo), I doubt it.

Makura said:
The only thing that seems to be hurting Fable is the expectations caused by the bloviations from Molyneux early onin development...just my impression.

Maybe he'll learn his lesson with BC then ;)

Insertia

Is it me or does the score not match up with the review?

As late GDC of this year, we were told that the core story quests would take 20-30 hours. Perhaps it would take a novice gamer that long if they walked around aimlessly for a few hours, but expect more like 10-12 hours max to finish off the required quests. It took me under 20 hours to complete all but the few never-ending quests and a few secrets.

As we’ve been told, you can continue to play Fable after the story quests are completed, but there are no additional quests given and there are even a few key areas that you’ll no longer have access to. Therefore, the post-story gameplay is a rather mundane experience in which you can continue to trade, battle enemies, and interact with people, but there is no real purpose in doing so. Yes, you can also continue to gain experience and level-up your character, but again, with no additional bosses or quests, this becomes a bit tedious and boring.

pilonv1

As we’ve been told, you can continue to play Fable after the story quests are completed, but there are no additional quests given and there are even a few key areas that you’ll no longer have access to. Therefore, the post-story gameplay is a rather mundane experience in which you can continue to trade, battle enemies, and interact with people, but there is no real purpose in doing so. Yes, you can also continue to gain experience and level-up your character, but again, with no additional bosses or quests, this becomes a bit tedious and boring.

That's retarded. No one complains about this in GTA. Make your own fun.

OH NOS THE GAME IS OVER BUT ITS NOT GIVING ME NEW THINGS TO DO. CANNOT THINK FOR SELF.

I'm looking forward to the GameSpot review the most. They seem to pull the rug out from most games that aren't worthy. I suspect an 8.8, which would be good. We shall see.

ferricide

pilonv1 said:
That's retarded. No one complains about this in GTA. Make your own fun.
probably because it takes a much longer time to beat GTA.

also, the town shit in fable gets old quick. i love that sort of thing, and i still got bored of it before i was even done with the main quest.

can i say opinionated things about fable out loud now?

SyNapSe

ferricide said:
probably because it takes a much longer time to beat GTA.

also, the town shit in fable gets old quick. i love that sort of thing, and i still got bored of it before i was even done with the main quest.

can i say opinionated things about fable out loud now?

No, everyone of your posts should be: 8/10. Words are unnecessary!

Top Bottom