• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is now using bots to promote AC: shadowss.

Eimran

The next wave of controversy seems to reach the shores of Ubisoft.

As the trailer is allegedly being targeted by bot accounts which glorify the game.

The accounts all follow the same formula:
Banner: attractive caucasian person.
Username: First name + Last name + 4 numbers
Account: created in the last year. One month apart from eachother

Pretty shortly after the botting was called out, the comments were deleted.

It's funny though that a company who considered their games "AAAA", needs bots to promote a game.

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Emoji Laughing GIF by MOODMAN

Shubh_C63

I have seen so many small companies do this that no way this isn't true or Ubi isn't in the know.

maybe not the CEO lol, but definitely a call their marketing head asked his/her manager to do.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
lol thats funny, how did they track them? Like how did they find out that it was ubisoft?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This is so pathetic :messenger_grimmacing_

And of course most of the bots are using attractive women as profile pictures. I wonder if that was ordered too lol
Once Ubisofts internal DEI HR team consisting of middle aged white women find out that the bots are using attractive women profile Picts instead of a diverse cast of bog beasts and munters, they'll all get fired.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm all for dunking on Ubisoft but everybody who sells stuff online does this. What is the actual issue here that you see?
Firstly, it's not because everyone do this (it's not true) that it's ok. Some people shit in the ocean, so lets all reunite and shit in the ocean. After all, some do it so why bother going to the toilet.
Secondly, it paint a false picture/reception of the game for non expert in gaming stuff
Thirdly, they should use this money to fix the bugs that will obviously be present at release
Fourthly, fake feedback can contain inaccurate information and lead to misinformation
Fifthly, bots are destroying trust in business with those fake online reviews

On top of my head, I'm sure someone else can complete the list if needed. Btw I Love your humour and that you can take a joke :messenger_heart: so rare in this place

I'm nobody

No amount of AI-powered video game black magic will be worth the utterly dystopian age of disinformation that this will usher us into. It's depressing to see how bad it already is and how much worse it will become.
Your movie library must be very very depressing

mdkirby

Do the equivalent with Apple reviews and if you’re caught out they’ll ban your entire developer account in a heartbeat.

TommyCronin6969

Gold Member
Firstly, it's not because everyone do this (it's not true) that it's ok. Some people shit in the ocean, so lets all reunite and shit in the ocean. After all, some do it so why bother going to the toilet.
Secondly, it paint a false picture/reception of the game for non expert in gaming stuff
Thirdly, they should use this money to fix the bugs that will obviously be present at release
Fourthly, fake feedback can contain inaccurate information and lead to misinformation
Fifthly, bots are destroying trust in business with those fake online reviews

On top of my head, I'm sure someone else can complete the list if needed. Btw I Love your humour and that you can take a joke :messenger_heart: so rare in this place
I'll actually change my name if you change your name to Straw Man which is very apt after what I just read.

99% of everything you see on the Internet is the same thing as this here. I also find it very cute that you think Ubisoft if given the chance will take feedback accurate or innacurate thst will then use money to fix their game.

For years now most of the top comments you've seen for all the games you've ended up buying have been 100% bots that's how this works especially on twitter and YouTube. The next time you see one click into it and its very apparent.
Also I have to apply humour here or else ill be banned again haha

BlackTron

Well here I thought Ubisoft was just as bad as Microsoft spamming shills and bots everywhere. But now I know the entire Internet is bots and Ubisoft is just being average, thanks to the one guy with a Ubisoft pfp without whom, we would be trapped with our own uniformed stupidity. Phew!

Top Bottom