• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Final Press Conference - McGregor vs Diaz and Holm vs Tate, Live at 4pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Please explain 'Touch Butt'
3ornkeLyD1CSKBVVjW.gif

Soon as they got on stage Conor went running lol.

Nowhere to be seen.

I would pick Conor in a fight over any member of that team. EASY, lol they are not top fighters, none of them.

Nate is only 2-3 out of his last 5 fights
Nick is 2-3 as well out of his last 5. One was turned to a NC but he lost the fight
Shields fights nobody's in WSOF
And Gil has lost multiple in a row and is also only 2-3 in his last 5 fights

Meanwhile McGregor hasn't lost a fight since 2010 and is on a 15 fight win streak

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
what was it where dana got caught lying?

Dana and Connor say Connor suggested the 170 pound limit as a response to Nate asking for 165. Nate claims he added an extra five pounds because they didn't respond immediately.

Guess which one sounds real and not like the sort of thing that would make Dana White pass the offer on to the next guy out of spite?

iLLmAtlc

Dana and Connor say Connor suggested the 170 pound limit as a response to Nate asking for 165. Nate claims he added an extra five pounds because they didn't respond immediately.

Guess which one sounds real and not like the sort of thing that would make Dana White pass the offer on to the next guy out of spite?

thx

Dr.Acula

Banned
Seems like both Conor and Nate said they wanted to fight at 155, they thought the other side didn't want that, and then they both asked for 170.

Conor's saying it bumped around from 160-165, Nate says he never cared, and Dana is backing Conor's narrative. But when asked directly at the conference by Nate, Dana remained silent and awkwardly laughed.

DKehoe

Nate also claimed he did initially offer to fight at 155. At the press conference when he asked Dana to confirm it Dana just laughed and didn't give an answer.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I would pick Conor in a fight over any member of that team. EASY, lol they are not top fighters, none of them.

Nate is only 2-3 out of his last 5 fights
Nick is 2-3 as well out of his last 5. One was turned to a NC but he lost the fight
Shields fights nobody's in WSOF
And Gil has lost multiple in a row and is also only 2-3 in his last 5 fights

Meanwhile McGregor hasn't lost a fight since 2010 and is on a 15 fight win streak

Conor hasn't even beat a Lightweight and you're saying he'd beat Welterweights easily, lol. Did you see his last loss? Was made to look a completely novice on the ground, Shields would submit him easily if he got him down.

Conor hasn't even beat a Lightweight and you're saying he'd beat Welterweights easily, lol.

Yes, yes I am. No one from that gym is a threat to him. Are there Welterweights that can beat him? Sure Hendricks, Woodley, "Wonderboy", Askren, etc. are all legit threats but I don't see a single fighter in the "Scrap Pack" I would pick over him.

And his last loss was going on 6 years ago............looking at footage from McGregor in that time frame has no merit on the current version of him

darscot

Remember Dana said that Connor asked for 170 because Nate said no to 165? Well, Nate originally asked for 155.

I didnt hear that at the conference, I heard Nate talking shit that he did then Dana said no you did not.
I need to watch this again to make sure

I just watched again and Dana laughs at him, he never got called out on anything.

-MD-

I didnt hear that at the conference, I heard Nate talking shit that he did then Dana said no you did not.

Listen again.

Conor regurgitates his scripted lines again and then asks Dana if Nate agreed to 155 originally, Dana doesn't give an actual answer he just awkwardly laughs.

Since the day this fight was announced Nate has been maintaining that he originally agreed to make it at 155.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I just watched again and Dana laughs at him, he never got called out on anything.

I don't get it either. Dana laughed at the suggestion that Nate wanted 155. That's not a confirmation.

darscot

Listen again.

Conor regurgitates his scripted lines again and then asks Dana if Nate agreed to 155 originally, Dana doesn't give an actual answer he just awkwardly laughs.

Since the day this fight was announced Nate has been maintaining that he originally agreed to make it at 155.

He laughs because its preposterous Nate was in no position to take 155. Conner is talking shit about it, but he was ready to make weight and Nate was not. Its not really a big deal on short notice and they are just hyping it but it makes no sense for Nate to say yes at 155.

zewone

Listen again.

He laughed because he didn't want to call Nate a liar to hsi face.

From what I heard the first day Nate agreed to 155. They said they would call him back when they made a decision. They call him the next day and give him the fight.He says he can't make 55, wants 160. At this point the fight was called off according to Nate's friend and cameraman. They call back later and say 160 is okay with Conor, Nate now wants 165. Conor says just make it 170.

Edit; Link to confirmation: https://twitter.com/LayzieTheSavage/status/702241441070710785

Dr.Acula

Banned
I find it most likely that both fighters said "155, fine," the UFC's go-betweens got all confused and thought one or both fighters were asking for different weights, so both fighters said "170, fine", the go-betweens got confused again, and now Dana's just trying to avoid the whole thing.

These fucking weigh-ins are all the same. They act like they hate each other, then in the post-fight interviews they'll be lovey dovey. Every time.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Yes, yes I am. No one from that gym is a threat to him. Are there Welterweights that can beat him? Sure Hendricks, Woodley, "Wonderboy", Askren, etc. are all legit threats but I don't see a single fighter in the "Scrap Pack" I would pick over him.

And his last loss was going on 6 years ago............looking at footage from McGregor in that time frame has no merit on the current version of him

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom