• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on FOX 11: Werdum vs. Browne |OT| A genuinely good UFC event worthy of discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credo

That's one of the worst performances I've seen in a long time. I don't know if I've ever seen punches thrown that slowly from any other fighter, even when gassed.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Cock guy been suspect in his last two wins too.

Oh I know, I fucking hate him already, but flat out yelling NO NO NO, pretty much implying that your flagrant, accidental and all, nut shot was legal, and that Big John is an idiot and Werdum is a liar.

Because it's the only goddamned offense you've had in 13 minutes. That's a new fucking low.

Still pissed this dude got away with those elbows on Warmaster. Glad Werdum gets a shot at Cain with no bullish roadblocks in the way.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
3 favorite parts of this fight:

3) Browne getting fucking schooled. Fun.
2) Browne being exposed even further as a piece of trash.

But far more important:

1) Werdum putting on a beautiful striking display, and showing he can go deep without much issue. Great performance, even if a large part of it was against a punching bag with a small shot of a flash KO.

Lazyslob

Banned
You realize that getting your brain shook by an unexpected strike doesn't depend at all on the round right?

lol. of course not, but if you really think someone who isnt so tired is going to get knocked out to someone who is fucking exhausted in the fifth round... welllll. it's happened in mma abooouuuuttt... zero times?

Instro

I didn't see anything in this fight that shows Werdum being a threat to Cain BUT that could be by design.

I dunno, he appears to have a somewhat comparable gas tank and is generally going to be scary on the ground. Not as fast as Cain, but definitely accurate with his strikes and was throwing impressive combos all night. He has more for Cain than anyone else in the division right now.

Never mind sunhi found it
ThickDeficientGalah.gif

lol. of course not, but if you really think someone who isnt so tired is going to get knocked out to someone who is fucking exhausted in the fifth round... welllll. it's happened in mma abooouuuuttt... zero times?

It's happened a lot more than zero times. You don't always have to hit a guy hard to knock him out. Sometimes it's just about the catching a guy in the right spot when he's not expecting it.

I dunno, he appears to have a somewhat comparable gas tank and is generally going to be scary on the ground. Not as fast as Cain, but definitely accurate with his strikes and was throwing impressive combos all night. He has more for Cain than anyone else in the division right now.

Werdum didn't have to exert himself much at all after Browne was on empty, so his level of energy in this fight really can't be judged against Cain's. Cain has shown that he's fast, strong, and even after a 5 round war, he's still got quite a bit in him. On top of that, his wrestling is the best in the division and he hasn't shown a weakness to submissions.

Werdum certainly has a chance and his performance tonight could easily be him trying to take it easy once he felt he had the fight, in order to not give Cain's camp a highlight reel to study. But whatever it was, it didn't really show me that he's a real threat to Cain.

Dana says Browne definitely has a broken hand and might have a broken rib.

Edit: Dana and Tate both said they had thought Liz would win the fight based on takedowns/mount time but both also said that considering damage done it's not out of this world for Tate to have won.

Werdum's only chance against Cain is to sucker him into a sub like he did to Fedor. Otherwise Cain is going to run through him for 5 rounds if he doesn't KO him first.

Yep. It's not like Browne is a damn slouch either. Werdum is just that damn good.
I love seeing high level jiu bitsy guys work hard and get their striking to a good level. Once that happens they are so badass. They can really let the kicks fly because there is no fear in going to the ground. Same with guys like Pettis and cerrone. Not the same with guys like Roger Gracie.....

got around to watch the whole thing. almost a A card, gets a B because of the dull Tate and Khabib fights and Verdoom didn't break Hapa's back, make him humble.

Hapa's whole career is a goddamn fluke. fuck him, fuck his beard, fuck this Sloth looking motherfucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom