• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ugh... Help me out here, folks. (Samurai Warriors)

I'm on the verge of having done pretty much everything that Samurai Warriors has to offer (at least to my satisfaction): I've unlocked all characters, all movies, all endings (even Okuni's sh*tty "special" endings that are all the same), all stages, all Edit characters, all 5th Weapons (even Edit Sword's, and geez Louise was that one tough), and almost all of the "rare" items. There are just a couple of "rare" items I've yet to snag, and I think I'm going to need a little help doing it. I'd like to get my hands on these before I start trying to max out all characters on stats/skills, because I know reset characters have an easier time of it than maxed ones.

Here's a list of the items I'm missing, the suggested method of acquiring those items (thanks to EChang's FAQ at GameFAQs), and the problems that I'm having. Hopefully someone can offer up some suggestions.

Horse Armor (Field Only)

Effect: Damage taken to horse gauge reduced by half

How obtained: In Edit Character's stage Battle of Nagashino, capture Nagashino Castle, then defeat Sakai Tadamasa when he ambushes the main camp. Defeat Hattori Hanzou when he tries to take Nagashino Castle, and Maeda Keiji when he charges. Finally when the mission to defeat Nobunaga shows up, charge into his camp within 1 minute. This will cause the supply team to appear near the camp. Defeat the captain for the item.
I've tried this one repeatedly, and failed each time. Here's how I handle this level: 1) ride to Nagashino and take out the general and gate captain there; 2) ride to the front line and knock Keiji off his horse; 3) take out the 3 generals in front of Keiji, Nobunaga's subgeneral, and the enemy gate north of Keiji's position; 4) ride back to home camp to defeat the ambush party; 5) clear the home camp of enemies before Keiji arrives; 6) ride around the back to defeat Hanzo before he reaches Nagashino; 7) ride back to camp to take out Keiji and Mitsuhide.

At that point, our leader's ready to retreat and I'm clueless as to what to do next. Nothing happens to make the item appear.

Warrior Story

Effect: Bodyguards become stronger

How obtained: In Edit Character's stage Summer Campaign at Osaka, finish missions up to and including preventing Date Masamune from invading your castle, then assist Sanada Yukimura in his charge on the enemy camp. After you've successfully protected him once he gets locked in (you'll need to defeat around 100 enemies and be near him), the supply team will show up. Like the Kanketsuba saddle, the supply team appears near the gate west of center and moves towards the gate east of center. Defeat the captain for the item. Note that you must have started the stage with 4 bodyguards assigned to you, and they must all still be alive when you finish the Protect Sanada mission.
It's that last part that's killing me. I really haven't spent a great deal of time building up my bodyguards (went most of the game without them), and they always get killed in the opening moments of the battle. What do I need to do here? Should I spend some time building up my bodyguards (and if so, is the system anything like DW4? I screwed up my bodyguards in that one...) so they'll survive? Should I wait until I get the "Six Gods Ointment" item before tackling this one?

Why, oh why, can't I just tell those knuckleheads to stay put? I don't need protection!

Six Gods Ointment

Effect: For one time only, your bodyguards are automatically healed back to full health when they die

How obtained: Clear the 30th floor of the Infinite Castle in Tower mode
Pretty simple problem here: I can't survive long enough to make it to the 30th floor. Then again, I haven't tried this one in a while, and I didn't have the War Rations when I did either... any tips from folks who've made it through the tower?

Book of Five Rings "Void"

Effect: When all five books are equipped, elemental attacks become instant death instead of their normal property

How obtained: One found every six floors in the Naraku mode of the Infinite Castle Abyss mode of play
Same problem as the one above: I've managed to make it to sub-level 25 of the Abyss, but the damn riflemen always nail me down before the end. I'll give this one another shot now that I've got the War Rations, but I could use some advice anyway. Also, is it true that
Lu Bu
is the final opponent? And if so, just how tough is he? I've been using a Lvl. 1 Keiji Maeda for Abyss mode.

Thanks! :D

Shouta

The Warrior Story is easy if you have someone else to help ya with it. My cousin and I always get that while we`re trying for Yukimura`s 5th weapon and it`s much easier that way. I`d recommend leveling your bodyguards but seeing as you finished most of the game without them it`s a bit useless. Bodyguards at the highest level and set to charge are excellent units to assist you in combat, especially the Muskeeters. I did Dance of Kyoto for Keiji Maeda and got about 2k in kills and my bodyguards got 400 o_O.

You`ll want to use a powered character for abyss mode because I believe it`s you know who at the bottom o_O. It`s also easier to get lower with a powered character ;p

User 406

Banned
Yes, for abyss mode, use a high level character. I used Keiji. The castle map is quite useful for just speeding through levels. Against riflemen, use your evade roll to get close. Rifle captains also tend to drop health, so try to nail a few if you're low. Lu Bu is indeed at the bottom, and he's not all that terrible, I beat him on my first try.

Top Bottom