• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unchained Blades |OT| Reign In Heaven or Serve In Hell [PSP: out now! | 3DS: someday]

Gonna wait for the eShop version.

I'm not too keen on the mixing of so many artstyles for the characters, but I LOVE the monster artwork.

cj_iwakura

Really love this game. Breaking a party by killing the leader, the unchained mechanic, the fun and flavorful dungeon design, it's pure bliss.

Shame I'll have to drop it in four days or so.

Any speculation on how long it's gonna take for Nintendo to approve the eShop release? /sigh

Here's hoping it's priced lower than 29.99 when it hits the eShop.
It won't be.

Any speculation on how long it's gonna take for Nintendo to approve the eShop release? /sigh

Here's hoping it's priced lower than 29.99 when it hits the eShop.
It won't be.

I've just assumed it will come out when Nintendo launches retail games on the eShop

Even if its not retail in America I'm sure there's some silly reason it needs to wait like size or something. If it doesn't launch then I'll just grab the PSP version for my Vita. While I want the map on the lower screen one reason I'm waiting is to show XSEED support for titles like this on the eShop

I've just assumed it will come out when Nintendo launches retail games on the eShop

Even if its not retail in America I'm sure there's some silly reason it needs to wait like size or something. If it doesn't launch then I'll just grab the PSP version for my Vita. While I want the map on the lower screen one reason I'm waiting is to show XSEED support for titles like this on the eShop
It's not coming to retail in North America - it's an eShop exclusive. I also thought maybe Nintendo was holding it back for that reason, but Order Up and Planet Crashers have both been released in the eShop now and I'm pretty sure those were both originally supposed to be retail titles that went digital-only (sort of like Unchained Blades). Who knows, maybe size is the issue, Nintendo's approval process seems sort of like a black hole.

So question for people who have beaten the game. Ill put it in a spoiler tag just to be safe
so after you beat the infinite ark is it at random when you get a key? First time got a key. Second and third times no key.

Also is there a resource that tells what stuff you get via saw, pickaxe and trowel for each titan. I havent done most of those quests and it would save me some time.

NichM

Banned
I wonder if this will ever come to eshop. Got money floating in my account for the day it happens.

I assume it will soon enough. Nintendo probably wanted NSMB2 to be the eShop's inaugural full downloadable game, and now that it's out, the way is clear for stuff like Unchained Blades.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I assume it will soon enough. Nintendo probably wanted NSMB2 to be the eShop's inaugural full downloadable game, and now that it's out, the way is clear for stuff like Unchained Blades.

The only reason I don't fully buy that is that Order Up is basically the retail version and released before it.

Still I don't think it'll take forever, just that the silence on it is a bit unnerving. They were plenty happy to talk about it until it was delayed and since then have been silent on it.

cj_iwakura

I hope the game picks up when the 3DS version comes out, because it really is special.

If it weren't for Growlanser IV, I'd still be playing it.

The only reason I don't fully buy that is that Order Up is basically the retail version and released before it.

Still I don't think it'll take forever, just that the silence on it is a bit unnerving. They were plenty happy to talk about it until it was delayed and since then have been silent on it.
Same with Renegade Kid's Planet Crashers, which I'm pretty sure was originally going to be a retail title.

I'm getting antsy on Unchained Blades eshop release too, come on Nintendo!

cj_iwakura

Funny how Elminage just came out and is already getting more attention.

It's a much better game, of course, but if UB wins in anything, it's production value.

It is a gorgeous game.

TDLink

Bumping this since the 3DS version is out tomorrow. Bought and really enjoyed this game on PSP. Make sure you pick it up guys!

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed this is in community now. I'll make a new OT for the 3DS version that is just a re-do of the current OP if that is ok?

cj_iwakura

Bumping this since the 3DS version is out tomorrow. Bought and really enjoyed this game on PSP. Make sure you pick it up guys!

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed this is in community now. I'll make a new OT for the 3DS version that is just a re-do of the current OP if that is ok?

Go for it. Maybe more people will buy it.

Tizoc

Please do excuse the bump but I'd really like to hear some non-spoiler impressions from GAFfers on the game. How hard is it to get into and how's the flow of the game? I like that it uses a turn-based system like classic jRPGs, and that it has an autobattle command.

cj_iwakura

Please do excuse the bump but I'd really like to hear some non-spoiler impressions from GAFfers on the game. How hard is it to get into and how's the flow of the game? I like that it uses a turn-based system like classic jRPGs, and that it has an autobattle command.

+
Combat and dungeons are sharp looking, very animated and colorful. Good music too.
Solid VA(subjective).
Varied cast, lots of different characters.
Skill trees!

-
The 'DDR' monster collection barriers. Hard to explain, but basically there's guardians who you get into DDR fights with, and you can NOT win unless you have a certain amount/tier of monsters.

Tizoc

+
Combat and dungeons are sharp looking, very animated and colorful. Good music too.
Solid VA(subjective).
Varied cast, lots of different characters.
Skill trees!

-
The 'DDR' monster collection barriers. Hard to explain, but basically there's guardians who you get into DDR fights with, and you can NOT win unless you have a certain amount/tier of monsters.

Wait by DDR you mean Dance Dance Revolution? So if I want to defeat these guardians I first need to go collect certain monsters and have them leveled up to a certain level then play some timed button input challenge against them?

cj_iwakura

Wait by DDR you mean Dance Dance Revolution? So if I want to defeat these guardians I first need to go collect certain monsters and have them leveled up to a certain level then play some timed button input challenge against them?

Yep.

Two official threads, wow. This game has been on my radar for a while, but I'm really on the fence about if I should get it. I posted in the other OT but nobody replied there so far. I may end up getting it for my 3DS xl. I wouldn't be hesitating so much if it were like $12 or even $20. There must be a reason it's digital only in the west...I would rather have a physical copy of something like this for sure. Still any more opinions are welcome.

Top Bottom