• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurish

Reddit guy being asked: AI really as dynamic as we've seen in the Madagascar demo? A big step up from Ellie's AI in The Last of Us?

Answer:
The AI works really well in tandem with you, very similar to Ellie. BUT it does have that your allies are invisible to enemies and will blindly run everywhere when you're stealthy.

So yea, they didn't manage to get over that problem.

Lingitiz

Reddit guy being asked: AI really as dynamic as we've seen in the Madagascar demo? A big step up from Ellie's AI in The Last of Us?

Answer:
The AI works really well in tandem with you, very similar to Ellie. BUT it does have that your allies are invisible to enemies and will blindly run everywhere when you're stealthy.

Disappointing but anything in the opposite direction would be several times worse than what's currently there.

HMD

Answer:

At this point it must be the engine that's holding it back.

Answer:

UC4 even more open than TLOU so i can see that being nightmare to get done right.
No matter how good your AI system is one of two mess ups going to piss people off.
Plus it's now 2 characters comapre to TLOU which there only Ellie .

Floody

Answer:

Probably for the best, even if the friendly A.I is perfect 99 out of a 100 times. It would just be frustrating getting spotted due to A.I having a panic and running right in front of an enemy. Immersion be damned.

Alienous

It's a game design issue. If you, the player, won't be able to get out of every situation without being seen, neither will the AI. And if it gets seen it's better to pretend it didn't happen, otherwise that ruins the player's stealth.

Gurish

Disappointing but anything in the opposite direction would be several times worse than what's currently there.

UC4 even more open than TLOU so i can see that being nightmare to get done right.
No matter how good your AI system is one of two mess ups going to piss people off.
Plus it's now 2 characters comapre to TLOU which there only Ellie .

It's not like I expected the enemies to spot you because the AI fucked up, but I did expect ND to figure out how to make friendly AI stealth work, the fact that they are still running around like morons is disappointing.

zsynqx

It's not like I expected the enemies to spot you because the AI fucked up, but I did expect ND to figure out how to make friendly AI stealth work, the fact that you will still see them running around like morons is disappointing.

Did you see the preview videos. They seemed much less prone to doing stupid shit than Ellie.

Also

http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/04/u...-shows-the-heavy-influence-of-the-last-of-us/
“Their presence creates a lot of new, emergent situations. [In previous Uncharted games] the allies were there for story reasons,” said Newman. “Now, they’re kind of this wild card in terms of gameplay. You can get into a scrape, and they’ll save you, or they’ll get in trouble with some other enemy. I think they add a lot of spice.”

With Ellie, Naughty Dog had to cheat by making her invisible to enemies: She could sneak around in plain view without getting spotted. But that was a necessary compromise for the stealth-heavy combat in The Last of Us. The alternative would just lead to frustrating deaths that would be out of your control. While you still might see odd moments like that in Uncharted 4, Newman said that the smarter A.I. means it won’t happen as often as it did with Ellie.

So yeah, better but not perfect.

Gurish

Did you see the preview videos. They seemed much less prone to doing stupid shit than Ellie.

They were perfect in the preview videos, but he is playing the game for more than 15 hours now, if he claims they're still running around blindly during stealth than I guess it's true.

Beerham

Banned

They talked about it with TLOU. It's about finding a balance of having an AI character with you but it still being fun. In play tests where Ellie was visible to the enemies it got really frustrating trying to be stealthy and then having her blow your cover.

I found very few instances that seemed awkward in TLOU because of it, with the silliest ones being Bill's loud ass boots running around clickers.

No, can ya'll just leave the fucking spoilers and shit in the early copy spoiler thread? My goodness, can this thread back to people just talking about early copies and where to buy it along with spoiler free impressions?? Goodness. People are literally on the verge of spoiling so much shit here.

zsynqx

I got people with Xbox avatars sending me incoherent spoilers on Twitter. Nice.

That is why it shouldn't be okay to post spoilers this early, even in spoiler threads. Lurkers will just take the info and post it on twitter, trying to ruin it for other people.

3 pages of people asking for a PM and discussing the easter egg, it's not hard to figure out what it is, but I haven't looked at it.

Maybe we can get some impressions instead.

AKyemeni

No, can ya'll just leave the fucking spoilers and shit in the early copy spoiler thread? My goodness, can this thread back to people just talking about early copies and where to buy it along with spoiler free impressions?? Goodness. People are literally on the verge of spoiling so much shit here.
And multiplayer.

Never forget the multiplayer, unlike ND

HMD

Agreed, we got a bit carried away.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

That was inevitable but you try telling people...

And multiplayer.

Never forget the multiplayer, unlike ND

I'm a bit concerned at ND STILL taking this long to give us some MP info.. I mean them simply saying there's going to be COOP and a brief rundown on some MP modes wouldn't be a big spoiler. I hope they created some new MP modes this go around.

Gurish

I also feel like it's start getting out of hand, like any moment now some moron will make a mistake and spoil something for the rest of us.

Go put that easter egg spoiler in the spoiler topic and stop talking about it and mention it, don't care how awesome and thread worthy it is, we are here for impressions and un spoilery info about the game, pics and such.

It's hard to strike a good balance. I don't agree however that all spoilers should be kept out of this thread.

I wouldn't dare touch the spoiler thread but some light spoilers (e.g. Easter egg) I want to see. Preferably behind spoiler bars. It has little to no relation to the actual game.

I also feel like it's start getting out of hand, like any moment now some moron will make a mistake and spoil something for the rest of us.

Go put that easter egg spoiler in the spoiler topic and stop talking about it and mention it, don't care how awesome and thread worthy it is, we are here for impressions and un spoilery info about the game, pics and such.
No offense but the a good way to stay free of spoilers is to not go into any threads related to the game because people will fuck up with spoilers eventually. Like it's 100% certain that someone will post in the wrong thread thinking it's the spoiler thread or not use tags correctly.

I feel like I'm about to cave in on spoilers

Someone save me :^(

Don't do it. Why lose all the impact from putting the game disc in for the first time and experiencing it all for yourself? You've waited so long, final game in the series, why ruin it with words on a screen instead of seeing it for the first time.

It's hard to strike a good balance. I don't agree however that all spoilers should be kept out of this thread.

I wouldn't dare touch the spoiler thread but some light spoilers (e.g. Easter egg) I want to see. Preferably behind spoiler bars. It has little to no relation to the actual game.

But I also think this Easter Egg is significant in a bigger way -- as in not just for this game. But yeah, I feel ya.

bones123

Oh shit.

I guess you could say that we're...

Among Thieves.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom