• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unepic |OT| This game is epic!

Lain

I played some more and what I'm enjoying the most is probably the writing. Maybe it could have too many references for some people, but it seems to work perfectly for me.
Also the back and forth between our hero and the shadow and let's not forget some of the quests and what they prompt our hero to say
hello there mating quest!

chronosic

Took the plunge and bought this. I'm really enjoying it so far! I've run into some bugs and glitches so far, and there are some ways the game could be improved, like allowing zooming in on the TV like on the gamepad. The good thing is the developer, Fran, seems to be active on the miiverse and is addressing people's concerns. He said there would be a patch incoming to add zooming and d pad support for movement.

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2014/01/22/4cr-plays-unepic-wii-u

Unepic is a very interesting indie release from one-man army Francisco Téllez de Meses, and I’m happy to see it on the Wii U. The experience is great on Nintendo’s latest console thanks to the versatility of the Wii U GamePad, and the game reminded me a bit of Zombi U since the action never stops, even when you’re upgrading Daniel, changing gear, or when you decide it’s time to drink a potion. Dozens of hours of entertainment await you in Unepic, and being able to play on the TV or on the screen on the Wii U GamePad means you don’t have to stop playing until your quest is over

ZombiU?!!!Pretty interesting...

I will download it tomorrow and hopefully this will be the first of the many wonderful indie games to follow on 2014.Vamos!

thomaser

Downloaded it on WiiU, and really like it. Reminds me a lot of La-Mulana, but with a much fairer difficulty. You can only see a few feet in front of you (until you light the nearest torch), which adds a lot to the tension. Some of the quests/challenges are pretty clever and difficult.

Encountered one bug so far: a hardlock when you talk to the "oracle" after doing his quest. Other than that, it's been impressively solid.

EagleEyes

Downloaded it on WiiU, and really like it. Reminds me a lot of La-Mulana, but with a much fairer difficulty. You can only see a few feet in front of you (until you light the nearest torch), which adds a lot to the tension. Some of the quests/challenges are pretty clever and difficult.

Encountered one bug so far: a hardlock when you talk to the "oracle" after doing his quest. Other than that, it's been impressively solid.
I agree. I'm having a wonderful time with it so far on the Wii U. My only complaint is that I wish there was a zoom function since the picture is awfully tiny on my TV.

ahm998

Really enjoy this game :)

54% right now and should called this game castelvania killer :p

There is many things awesome in this game like voice acting , story, weapon, magic.

I should called this hardcore game .

kazebyaka

Banned
This game deserves much more recognition. Amazing adventure with tons of good humor and amazing music. Completed it on 100% and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Haunted

The humor is shit and it has some brutally punishing mechanics (toy hammer, anyone?), but generally, it's a competent and surprisingly big game.

I know the creator, Fran, he is a great guy and has an amazing sense of homour. The story he told us of how he made the game is pretty interesting, give his wife a big thanks for it also.

Haunted

I know the creator, Fran, he is a great guy and has an amazing sense of homour. The story he told us of how he made the game is pretty interesting, give his wife a big thanks for it also.
Well, it's been a few years since I played it, but I really didn't care for the overt pop culture/videogame references as well as the crude sex and poop jokes. >_>

But even if the humor mostly misses, one guy making a game of this size is a huge achievement.

Well, it's been a few years since I played it, but I really didn't care for the overt pop culture/videogame references as well as the crude sex and poop jokes. >_>

But even if the humor mostly misses, one guy making a game of this size is a huge achievement.

Hahaha, probably it just works better in spanish. Even though I was not talking about the quality of humor in the game, but when you talk with him. He has like this little sparkle when he talks that makes everything funny.

SuomiDude

I'm pretty sure I'll buy this game for Wii U at some point. But now I have couple of other games to play first, and not a short ones either, so this has to wait. 10€ isn't too bad if the game really offers lots of quality hours.

I really want to respecialize since my skills are all over the place but since I only get one chance, I want to wait until I find an amazing weapon to guide my build. I like the variability of combat options.

jonno394

Bought this during the GOG sale and really enjoying it so far. Just got to the mines.

Been pining for a good metroidvania of late so this is definitely fulfilling that need of mine.

Joeku

Does the WiiU version have the UnEnglish language option? So much more endearing than the "proper" English.

Leezard

Ah, nice bump on the thread. I enjoyed this game when I got it through an indie bundle, but now I could claim my Steam key. It's been long enough for another play through, I think.

I've been a little torn over the past few days over whether I should buy this on my Wii u or not. The more I read about it the more I'm slightly leaning towards getting it. How strange this thread doesn't have many impressions.

Exile20

Unepic Gets a Fresh Update for Wii U

Includes a new "stick and poo" wand
Unepic's arrival early this year gave a solid start to the Wii U's year; we were certainly fans, awarding 8/10 in our Unepic review. A platforming RPG with doses of humour, it certainly provides an experience a little different from its contemporaries on the download store.
In good news for fans, developer Francisco Téllez de Meneses and publisher EnjoyUp Games have released a free update to improve the title. The North American version has added Italian, German and Portuguese as additional supported languages, while the European build also adds Portuguese. More importantly, some gameplay tweaks and an intriguing new item have been added; details are below.
Zoom on TV
Play with both Left Stick and D-PAD.
Change language within the game.
English Voices can be enabled in other languages.
A new "stick and poo" wand included.
Two new pets that can be obtained completing challenges.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/unepic_gets_a_fresh_update_for_wii_u

Got this off GOG for $2, I'm enjoying it so far. The Protagonist is an ass though, not sure how I feel about some of the things he says, unless he's supposed to come off as a dick.

NeoFaff

Got this off GOG for $2, I'm enjoying it so far. The Protagonist is an ass though, not sure how I feel about some of the things he says, unless he's supposed to come off as a dick.
If you turn on the original engrish text(think it was called unEnglish) he comes across as less of an ass. :p

Top Bottom