• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlikely food combinations that taste amazing?

A few days ago I tried out a peanut butter sauce for chicken wings:

Wings:

Baked, then fried lightly in peanut oil until brown

Sauce:

A few tablespoons of natural peanut butter, couple teaspoons of tamari (or soy sauce, I prefer tamari) and hot sauce, a minced and browned garlic clove, dash of ginger, and dilute with water to desired consistency

I never would have imagined the sauce would be as good as it is - it's going to be a staple of my wing sauces just like brown butter buffalo sauce and Parmesan-garlic.

Peanut butter + butter spread on a tortilla. Put in the microwave until it's melted. I thought it was heaven the first time I tasted it.

Papa

Banned
Strawberries and balsamic vinegar. Reduce them with some sugar and you've got a hell of a dessert topping.

Also, your peanut sauce sounds almost like a satay. Very common to have with chicken in many Asian countries.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Another twist on the peanut butter sauce is to mix it with red curry paste and coconut cream.

Peanut butter can be easily doctored into a poor-man's peanut sauce for a lot of Eastern cuisine. Did that often when I was a line cook in college when we ran out of whatever ready-made sauce during our foreign days.

My 2 choices are a Southern Boy's breakfast with biscuits and sausage gravy, hash browns laid over top, over easy eggs laid over top, and topped with hand-crumbled bacon, all in a big-ass wide bowl. Next is a pizza I call the Filthy Degenerate; ham, pineapple, bacon, jalapenos, pulled pork, and bbq sauce lightly drizzled over the toppings.

Come at me over that pizza bro!

G-Bus

Banned
Pickles and mozzarella. Maybe that's not weird tho.

Remember having milk and pepsi at friends house when I was younger.

Pineapple and Pizza

This should be reason enough to bring in downvotes.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Another twist on the peanut butter sauce is to mix it with red curry paste and coconut cream.

That's very similar to one of my favorite sauces to cook - peanut butter mixed with coconut milk and Jamaican curry powder is delicious! :)

lock2k

Banned
Peanut Butter goes with everything. It's incredible.

I like to make Tapioca with peanut butter, mashed banana and maple syrup. It's the stuff of the gods.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
non-feat-Mayochup.jpg

I want this stuff, can't seem to find it in Canada. Not too hard to mix it myself, but still.

Gander

Banned
Make some normal Spaghetti, add Ranch dressing. You get like a creamy Alfredo sauce that tastes Delicious.

Top Bottom