• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Urgent question about JAP PS2

Pachinko

Can I safely plug it into a north american 120V outlet or will it get fried ? My friends superfamicon seems to work fine in a canidian outlet as does another friends japanese saturn but I want to be sure before I plug it in just in case.

Thanks!

Also, japan is a cool country you should all visit.

mosaic

go eat paint
I've used Japanese Dreamcasts and PS2s just fine in my outlets, both in a crunky ghetto in Vermont and here in thunderstormy Michigan.

Soul4ger

Mine has worked fine for a few years now. In various outlets, dorm rooms, my parents house, apartments, etc. If you keep it turned off/unplugged when you're not using it, it should be fine.

Pachinko

Ok , cool. I kind of figured it would work but I wanted to make sure. I'm betting a japanese PS2 forces their wall outlets to max out power usage to 108 volts to work anyway. You'd just have to worry about power spikes I suppose. I'll give it a try here, I wanna play the craptacular goddanner game I picked up(which really isnt' half bad...)

Brofist

Pachinko said:
Can I safely plug it into a north american 120V outlet or will it get fried ? My friends superfamicon seems to work fine in a canidian outlet as does another friends japanese saturn but I want to be sure before I plug it in just in case.

Thanks!

Also, japan is a cool country you should all visit.

Should work fine, just don't bring it to Korea if you should happen to go on the way back from Japan...I went there a couple weeks ago, and my cell phone charger and laptop charger as well as my gf's hair dryer fried using a converter adapter to Korean standard.

You still in Japan? Where you staying?

cvxfreak

Surge protectors are highly recommended, just to prevent the worst, yet somewhat unlikely scenarios.

kpop100 said:
Should work fine, just don't bring it to Korea if you should happen to go on the way back from Japan...I went there a couple weeks ago, and my cell phone charger and laptop charger as well as my gf's hair dryer fried using a converter adapter to Korean standard.

Ack, that sucks. I don't know why Korea doesn't use the same standards as Japan as I'd expect Koreans and Japanese to go between countries every now and then.

Top Bottom