• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
sw33tclyde said:
That's my new sig, only because all of you fererners seem to loathe it so much. Who needs arguments when you got..

USA USA USA
Our chant is x amount better because we add a new syllable :lol

EnGERland EnGERland EnGERland

We're poets

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
sw33tclyde said:
That's my new sig, only because all of you fererners seem to loathe it so much. Who needs arguments when you got..

USA USA USA

get a Hacksaw Jim Duggan gif to go with that.

newelly87

Banned
arstal said:
That sounds familiar. Do the Aussies play that way vs everybody or just the good teams?
4-2-3-1 against everyone.. Qatar, Uzbekistan, Oman etc dominate possession against us :lol
They don't win though.. Cause we park a mean bus (1 goal conceded in like 10 qualifiers) and Cahill scores almost every game :lol
and if we do go behind.. players are gonna get hurt on the other team :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
shoplifter said:
I could say the same of England
I have never said England would win the world cup, get to the semis or even the final. We will get to the quater finals with some meh performances and either get knocked out then or in the semis :lol

My whole case isnt me taking the high ground or anything, im very aware of my countries terribly disappointing team, id make the same arguments against a Serbian poster who made the assertions the US guys are, its just the Serbian guy isnt so vocal.

arstal said:
get a Hacksaw Jim Duggan gif to go with that.

If you have some please share, the man looks inspirational to say the least:

Hacksaw_Jim_Duggan.jpg

Mr Cola

sw33tclyde said:
If you have some please share, the man looks inspirational to say the least:

Hacksaw_Jim_Duggan.jpg
Ive always wondered why your national anthem isnt "I am a real American", fuck Hulk Hogan could lead you out and tear his shirt off in the center circle. I personally think not only would this give you the worlds respect but single handedly revitalize his career.

Why are so many people fans of Jozy.... that dude makes ZERO runs to help the team out. Everytime I see him play it looks as if he is playing for himself and not the team.

everytime someone makes a bad pass to him he throws his hands up and complains.... instead of ATTACKING THE FUCKING BALL.

on the brighter side. if you put Buddle in his place it would work perfectly seeing as Donovan and him play together all the time

MidnightRider said:
Why are so many people fans of Jozy.... that dude makes ZERO runs to help the team out. Everytime I see him play it looks as if he is playing for himself and not the team.

everytime someone makes a bad pass to him he throws his hands up and complains.... instead of ATTACKING THE FUCKING BALL.

on the brighter side. if you put Buddle in his place it would work perfectly seeing as Donovan and him play together all the time
Yeah, I'm not a big Jozy fan. Never have been. Doesn't have enough skill for my liking. What were Villareal smoking when they paid for him? :lol

Tristam

Pimpwerx said:
Go USA. I always supported their soccer team, probably because I like an underdog. I love to watch Brazil play, but the US is my team. This year, I'm pulling for the US, and Argentina. I only discovered Messi this year, but the kid is a phenom. PEACE.

Same. Gotta support USA, but I'm totally gay for Messi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS6OKvVa94c

Christ almighty....that video doesn't even include his past (phenomenal) year.

Tristam

WrikaWrek said:
Messi fans are really becoming unbearable.

Even in a goddamn thread about americans supporting americans.

I can't speak for Messi fans in other threads because I frequent no other soccer threads on GAF. I find them to be generally full of twats. Maybe you're one of them?

hiryu

Awesome thread. I used to ignore soccer until I played in an adult indoor league this year. It was quite fun and now I plan on following the world cup closely.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
NoRéN said:
Oh, ok. Aww, come on! Ching's good. And, a real cool guy. Really humble(at least when i met him).

I don't hate him as a person or anything like that. I know he's a hardworking, likable dude thats damn near cash money here in the states.

I just don't have any confidence in what he brings to the table in top flight futbol. He's like a lesser Mark Viduka.

woodchuck

SyNapSe said:
I always watch Soccer during the World Cup. It's fun with the nations competing like the Olympics.

I watched a bit of the czech match last night. I wish they'd get rid of offsides.. so boring.

Offsides is what makes the game beautiful

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Gamecocks625 said:
I'm still gutted that we won't see Davies in the WC, but after last night, I'm more worried about our defensive depth.

can't Beasley, or Edu play in defense in a pitch?

I'd almost want to carry 10 MF 6 Defenders and 4 Strikers, and that counts Dempsey as a striker.

That said you need depth, because by that 3rd game at least 2 players will be suspended.

shoplifter said:
Ching was reportedly seen at the airport this morning. Sounds like he's cut.
best news I've heard all day.

arstal said:
can't Beasley, or Edu play in defense in a pitch?

I'd almost want to carry 10 MF 6 Defenders and 4 Strikers, and that counts Dempsey as a striker.

That said you need depth, because by that 3rd game at least 2 players will be suspended.

No.

Sounds good

So true

Mr Cola

Something you US fans may be able to help me out with, what in gods name happened to Freddy Adu? I remember commercials with Pele calling him the next big thing then he vanished :S

WrikaWrek

Banned
Mr Cola said:
Something you US fans may be able to help me out with, what in gods name happened to Freddy Adu? I remember commercials with Pele calling him the next big thing then he vanished :S

Pele always said it best when he said nothing at all.

Slizz

Mr Cola said:

I read an article in SI a few weeks ago about Adu. Basically the consensus was, he was a great soccer talent, but never learned the "game". Bad passes and poor decision making have been his downfall. Now hes 20 something and trying to learn real fundamentals of good soccer.

Mr Cola

WrikaWrek said:
Pele always said it best when he said nothing at all.
Bit like Maradona then, by his count this generation there have been 7 successors to him...according to him

ATF487

Mr Cola said:

He never properly developed. I really think that he should start for a second division/MLS team for a few years and learn the fundamentals.

He's almost 21, so it's not like his career is over, but he needs to lower his immediate expectations a bit

Mr Cola said:

Couple Theories:
1. Stopped getting better at 14
2. Was only great for his age, everyone else caught up
3. Stopped growing, too small
4. Lazy
5. Hype

I believe he is on the bench in the Greek League or something.

jergrah

Great OP -- Im doing my part for the USA in Captain Your Country in FIFA 10 World Cup :)

Fortunately, I work in downtown Seattle and directly across the street is Fado's Irish Pub. They are showing every single game of the World Cup -- so I think there will be a lot of days of taking my laptop over there to 'work'

shoplifter

Findley over Ching

Bornstein makes the 23

/suicide

edit: on the bright side, we'll have Marshall and Robbie available Saturday

GOALKEEPERS: Tim Howard, Brad Guzan, Marcus Hahnemann

DEFENDERS: Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Jay Demerit, Steve Cherundolo, Joanathan Spector, Clarence Goodson, Jonathan Bornstein

MIDFIELDERS: Landon DOnovan, Michael Bradley, Clint Dempsey, Stuart Holden, Maurice Edu, Ricardo Clark, DaMarcus Beasley, Bennny Feilhaber, Jose Torres

FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore, Herculez Gomez, Edson Buddle, Robbie Findley

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-...ets-23-man-roster-south-africa?cc=5901&ver=us

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, England), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton, England), Tim Howard (Everton, England).

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes, France), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, Germany), Jay DeMerit (Watford, England), Clarence Goodson (IK Start, Norway), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan, Italy), Jonathan Spector (West Ham, England).

Midfielders: DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Clint Dempsey (Fulham, England), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles), Maurice Edu (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus, Denmark), Stuart Holden (Bolton, England), Jose Torres (Pachuca, Mexico).

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Hull, England), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles), Robbie Findley (Salt Lake), Herculez Gomez (Puebla, Mexico).

Heh, only 4 players are in the MLS.

Gamecocks625 said:
GOALKEEPERS: Tim Howard, Brad Guzan, Marcus Hahnemann

DEFENDERS: Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Jay Demerit, Steve Cherundolo, Joanathan Spector, Clarence Goodson, Jonathan Bornstein

MIDFIELDERS: Landon DOnovan, Michael Bradley, Clint Dempsey, Stuart Holden, Maurice Edu, Ricardo Clark, DaMarcus Beasley, Bennny Feilhaber, Jose Torres

FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore, Herculez Gomez, Edson Buddle, Robbie Findley

I have a good vibe about this team

DO IT!

ivysaur12

Banned
I was at the game last night. Even though they were trying to test out players, it still was a really good match. And I've never seen so many people at a soccer game before. The entire place was completely packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom