• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Rejected Aid for Israeli Raid on Iranian Nuclear Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Count of Concision
We support Israel because their is no advantage to not supporting them.

That's a joke, right? I mean, it has to be a joke.

To be clear, I don't take a pragmatic approach and ask "what are the advantages of supporting/not supporting country X" -- I'm saying that, regardless of any assumed advantages, we should not become too closely involved in another nation's dealings.

Teknoman

Jonm1010 said:
Alright this is bothering and is completely off topic, but where the hell is that image from, i know i have seen it before?

Either Chappelle show, or That movie with Cuba Gooding Jr. (The fighting temptations) where its that huge convict guy that has a really light voice. I forget which one.

Actually could be neither.

I remember that article that came out a few years ago where U.S. spies tried sabotaging Iran's nuclear centrifuges or something like that. I think 60 Minutes exposed that.

Bleh, I'm a Christian and I don't see the need for endless Israeli support. If the state of Israel is to exist when Jesus comes, then it will exist. It is written.

I'm in favor of an isolationist approach to foreign policy. And possibly economic policy as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
NintendoTogepi said:
Bleh, I'm a Christian and I don't see the need for endless Israeli support. If the state of Israel is to exist when Jesus comes, then it will exist. It is written.

I'm in favor of an isolationist approach to foreign policy. And possibly economic policy as well.
I hate alot of the things our country has done over the years but switching to a protectionism and non-intervention policy would likely be at the top of the list.

Tamanon

Banned
{Mike} said:
Is it so hard to remove them from your allies list? Do it.

Time for Isreal to become IS REAL

Two year terms for one of the governing bodies means it won't happen any time soon.

Banned
Loki said:
That's a joke, right? I mean, it has to be a joke.

To be clear, I don't take a pragmatic approach and ask "what are the advantages of supporting/not supporting country X" -- I'm saying that, regardless of any assumed advantages, we should not become too closely involved in another nation's dealings.
There is nothing funny there. There are clear advantages to supporting Israel. To bad for the other countries.This is not George Washington's America. You have to deal with other countries.

And this Isolationist stuff is bullshit. It never seems to apply to any European country or to the U.N. Just to Chinese imports and the Middle East.

NintendoTogepi said:

Little piece of advice.

With the shitty (national and international) situation the US is in now, it would be in it's best interest to go for the multilateral approach, instead of unilateralism or isolationism.

/slightly off topic.

JayDubya

Banned
This is not George Washington's America.

Ain't that the truth, and little wonder why it's so shitty.

Rejecting aid for Israel sounds good, but this title isn't talking about what I was hoping for. Still, I'd have to be glad we didn't accept.

Kenka

WTF @ "Meet single Iranians" add down the page ? :lol

Regardless what kind of ties America and Israel have, it is for the better to avoid poverty and war in any place on Earth. For heaven's sake, young people see their parents dying and parents see their children engulfed in fire.

I am afghan and I understand that interests can lead countries to crush each other. My country has been sadly experiencing this for more than 30 years now with Soviet Union, US and immediat neighbours. Politics between countries should never imply one to suffer for the sake of another, never.

Just look at all the shit in Middle East and South Asia (and don't get me started about the whole rest)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom