• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uwe Boll challenges critics of his movies to fight him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Banned
Seems like he can't take all the negative reviews of his movies, now he is challenging people to boxing matches if they said something negative. Not just critics, but IMDB users as well (also Roger Avary and Quentin Tarantino) :lol

Press release:

Uwe Boll Challenges His Critics “To Put Up Or Shut Up !”

June 12, 2006 – Vancouver, BC – We are proud to announce that Dr.Uwe Boll’s BLOODRAYNE starring Kristanna Loken, Michael Madsen, Matthew Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, Sir Ben Kingsley, Will Sanderson, Udo Kier, Meat Loaf, Michael Pare & Billy Zane had a successful release May 23rd., 2006 on DVD in both Canada & USA.

Iain Taylor of Vivendi Visual Entertainment Canada stated, “BloodRayne ranked in the top 6 best selling DVD titles during the first part week of sales in Canada (Nielsen Videoscan Canada)”. In the USA BloodRayne’s DVD performance was even stronger. Tom O’Malley, GM of Vivendi Visual Entertainment (USA), said “For the first time in this industry, a Theatrical Release and the Complete PC Video Game were released together on DVD. BloodRayne ranked in the top 5 best selling DVD titles during its debut week (Nielsen VideoScan USA)”. In both countries unofficial DVD rental statistics have proven to be even more impressive.

Again the fans have shown that the critics of Uwe Boll are out of touch with want the general movie audience population wants. Dr. Boll has continually been roasted for the films he has directed and produced. His last two films, House of the Dead & Alone in the Dark, cost $20 million but they have grossed over $110 million to-date. The same negative reactions from some of the same press and the internet critics are now being directed at Uwe Boll’s latest film; BloodRayne.

Dr. Uwe Boll has had enough! Uwe Boll’s position is “I am fed up. I’m fed up with people slamming my films on the Internet without see them. Many journalists make value judgments on my films based on the opinions of one or two thousand Internet voices. Half of those opinions come from people who’ve never watched my films. I have been told that “BloodRayne” has a very bad IMDb rating, but how many of those votes of zero were made before the movie appeared in theatres.” The criticism goes on and on.

Uwe is now challenging the critics that failed to watch his films prior to reviewing or commenting, “TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP!”

On July 17th, 2006 Uwe will start filming his next feature film, “Seed”, starring Will Sanderson, Ralf Moeller, Michael Pare & Andrew Jackson. Following that film he will go into production in late September with another feature called “Postal”. Both movies will be shot in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Towards the end of the filming of the “Postal” the 5 most outspoken critics will be flown into Vancouver and supplied with hotel rooms. As a guest of Uwe Boll they will be given the chance to be an extra / stand-in in “Postal” and have the opportunity to put on boxing gloves and enter a BOXING RING to fight Uwe Boll. Each critic will have the opportunity to bring down Uwe in a 10 bout match. There will be 5 matches planned over the last two days of the movie. Certain scenes from these boxing matches will become part of the Postal movie. All 5 fights will be televised on the internet and will be covered by international press.

To be eligible you must be a critic who has posted on the internet or have written in magazines / newspapers at least two extremely negative articles in the year 2005. Critics of 2006 will not be considered. Please submit proof of your negative reviews & comments via e-mail to

Dr. Uwe Boll’s invitation to fight and / or appear in his film is extended to all his harshest critics. Roger Avary and Quentin Tarantino are among the most eligible candidates.

The following posters to the IMDb have earned the right to be placed on the list of the most extreme anti-Boll critics and are therefore eligible to enter the contest. Contestants will be chosen to be an extra and physically box Dr. Uwe Boll.

Headhunter004
Adultswimlover2
Evolution_500_2
Greatnates
thedoomsdaybegins
GunnerySergeantNumbnuts
Murdoc995
AimeeBrookes
ChineseOldMarketMan
GabeLogan9060
Veedragon40
BigSexy77
TylerDurden52
Dan223-1
howdy4641430-1

http://sknr.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=565&Itemid=7
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24707327

To be eligible you must be a critic who has posted on the internet or have written in magazines / newspapers at least two extremely negative articles in the year 2005.
Someone on GAF must fit this criteria.

Ponn

Banned
In one sense, I would love to see his ass get a beat down. Heartbreak Kid style.

On the other hand, I hate to see him get undeserved attention. This just screams out to me "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"

Poor poor Uwe Boll. No one understands his movies except for those stellar sales in Paraguay and isolated places in Canada.

I've seen House of the Dead, Aone in the Dark, and some direct-to-video Casper Van Dien flick he did.

All, really, really terrible films. HOTD being the highlight as it was awful enough to be kinda funny. Like sniffing paint thinner, you know its not good for you, but at least you get something out of it.
Its got to be an act, one man cannot be as incompetent, and as professionally successful as he is without being propped up by something. He has to know how ridicioulos he sounds and has to be dimly aware that he's an even worse director then Micheal Bay.

Look for Dungeon Siege to be the most expensive film to ever debut at your local Blockbuster.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fresh Prince said:
Someone on GAF must fit this criteria.

I'd say about 90% of us fit that bill. :lol

And Boll better back away from Tarantino, I'm pretty sure the guy carries a sword with him at all times.

Grizzlyjin said:
I'd say about 90% of us fit that bill. :lol

And Boll better back away from Tarantino, I'm pretty sure the guy carries a sword with him at all times.
Probably but someone who has a review site or blog whatever as well as posting on a videogame forum on the internet :lol

Tarantino is one of those, 'I love violence but I could do never do it' like PhoenixDark and sex.

Uwe Boll rocks. His movies may suck, but I have to admit that they are a hell of a lot of fun to watch. The Director's cut of Bloodrayne is genius: it's the same movie, but at the very end it is a 5-minute montage summarizing and expanding upon all the bloody deaths that occurred in the film. It's amazing.

I hope at least one critic has a boxing match and someone records it. :lol

I hope someone is making an image with Uwe Boll's head placed on one of the boxers in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! right now.

GAF photoshop wizards, don't let me down!

Barnolde

Banned
:lol

I was on the Boll-bashing bandwagon before seeing his movies. HOTD was on the Sci-Fi Channel recently and wow, I don't think I've ever seen a worse movie. Random clips of HOTD2 (game) were inserted for no reason, wtf?! :lol

JayDubya

Banned
FlameOfCallandor said:
His movies never make any money, how can he blame critics?

Actually, they're very profitable, because they're cheap as hell, and enough people still go watch them. Which then in turn enables him to make more. He probably actually is a videogame fan, he's just not a very good writer / director... at all.

MC Safety

I've seen Uwe Boll in person. Although he looks rather jovial, he's also lean and wiry.

I could imagine him tearing through 10 or so doughy Internet critics.

Also, this is probably the dumbest promotional stunt ever. (Not including the time Acclaim told people it would pay people's tickets if they were caught speeding on the way to purchase Burnout 2. Or the time Acclaim said it would buy advertising on people's tombstones to promote Shadowman.)

Alright, so a friend and I went to his official fan site and converted his measurements.

The esteemed Dr. Boll is 5' 7" and weighs in at 174 lbs.

This is going to be great :lol

FlameOfCallandor said:
I could easily beat the guy in a boxing match.

bill2.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
MC Safety said:
I've seen Uwe Boll in person. Although he looks rather jovial, he's also lean and wiry.

I could imagine him tearing through 10 or so doughy Internet critics.

He would be no match for my softball bat.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
His last two films, House of the Dead & Alone in the Dark, cost $20 million but they have grossed over $110 million to-date.
I'd like to see proof of this and/or a list of what is being compiled into that $110 million. Box Office Mojo only puts those two film's total global grosses at like 20% of that number.

Duck of Death said:
Alright, so a friend and I went to his official fan site and converted his measurements.

The esteemed Dr. Boll is 5' 7" and weighs in at 174 lbs.

This is going to be great :lol

I am 6 foot and 200 pounds and trained in Judo and Taekwon Do. I'll take him down.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
White Man said:
I absolutely adored Bloodrayne. You guys should check it out. It's hilarious.

im disappointed in boll. he keeps getting better and his movies hve gone from outright hilarious to just bad to the point i cant sit through it.

now with that said, wtf was with the ending to bloodrayne.

Phoenix

Yeah....a truly competent director would say "hey direct a movie better - here's the script". Instead we get this "**** you I'll kick your ass for making me cry" foolishness.

MC Safety

Suburban Cowboy said:
any quotes from tarantino?

Uwe Boll is easily the 2nd worse German of the past 100 years. First being the ****tard who sings about red baloons

I think if you stretch your imagination, you can come up with a few Germans who were worse than Uwe Boll and Nena.

I am just saying is all.

JayDubya

Banned
MC Safety said:
I think if you stretch your imagination, you can come up with a few Germans who were worse than Uwe Boll and Nena.

I am just saying is all.

Nope, that guy was awesome. He had a cool mustache, and he could paint like nobody's business.

Sean

Banned
Suburban Cowboy said:

I remember Boll saying that his action sequences were done better than any Tarantino film (was around the time that Kill Bill Vol 2 came out). So he's been angry (jealous?) at Tarantino for a while.

Vormund

Suburban Cowboy said:

Uwe Boll is easily the 2nd worse German of the past 100 years. First being the ****tard who sings about red baloons

You know I could probably think of another German....FUNNY THAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom