• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uwe Boll challenges critics of his movies to fight him

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Iain Taylor of Vivendi Visual Entertainment Canada stated, “BloodRayne ranked in the top 6 best selling DVD titles during the first part week of sales in Canada (Nielsen Videoscan Canada)”.
So it was #6 for PART of ONE week? And that's success? Wowzers. :lol

border

JayDubya said:
Actually, they're very profitable, because they're cheap as hell, and enough people still go watch them.

Bloodrayne
Production Budget: $25 million
TOTAL LIFETIME GROSS Worldwide $3,591,980

Alone in the Dark
Production Budget: $20 million
TOTAL LIFETIME GROSS Worldwide $8,170,602

Flynn

border said:
Bloodrayne

Alone in the Dark

But isn't there a system for German filmmakers that uses public money to subsidize their movies?

I wonder if Boll and his producers are scamming that system.

border

The German film financing tax shelter tax law has supposedly been revoked. No wonder Boll's next film is full of no-name actors -- he's having to scale things back and aim for real profitability. Soon he won't even be able to afford videogame licenses.

JayDubya

Banned
border said:
Bloodrayne

Alone in the Dark

Where the hell is he getting his numbers from, then? o_O

Edit: I assume *out of his ass* at this point. >_>

Even with worldwide DVD sales, box office grosses, home video rental, Pay Per View, sales of video rights to other countries (can be surprisingly lucrative), television rights sales, and whatever else; even after all of that I have a hard time believing that Bloodrayne, HOTD, and Alone in the Dark have grossed the $110 Million that he claimed they have.

He must have the best account in the world for that to have happened.

MC Safety

Stinkles said:
Uwe, all your movies suck the dew off a dead man's balls.

Now, how do I sign up to beat you?

Uwe Boll shouldn't fight you as you are angry and Scottish plus your wife shoots death lasers out of her eyes.

I am just saying, is all.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MC Safety said:
Uwe Boll shouldn't fight you as you are angry and Scottish plus your wife shoots death lasers out of her eyes.

If he didn't want his throat punched, he shouldn't have made BloodRayne.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I think Uwe Boll is the first director to have three consecutive movies make the Bottom 100 on imdb!

G-Fex

He knows that he's failed but I guess he thinks he can go out with one last bang but the problem is that there was no bang to begin with and I doubt there will be any now, nobody is stupid enough to want to voluntarily be in a Uwe Boll movie.

White Man

sp0rsk said:
im disappointed in boll. he keeps getting better and his movies hve gone from outright hilarious to just bad to the point i cant sit through it.

now with that said, wtf was with the ending to bloodrayne.

I haven't seen HotD and Alone in the Dark, but I find it difficult to believe that they were even worse then Bloorayne. Michael Madsen was VISIBLY drunk in more than one scene. Meatloaf (Aday) in a wig, surrounded by nekkid women! Ben Kingsley in the most hilarious rape scene ever. Fight choreography that makes Xena look inspired. How can it be worse? How can it be more entertaining?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
While I'm certain a lot of the money didn't come from the States, you guys have to keep in mind the rest of the world.

Garfield lost money in the US, but sure as HELL made up for it overseas. You'd be surprised at what Asian people here will line up for...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
White Man said:
I haven't seen HotD and Alone in the Dark, but I find it difficult to believe that they were even worse then Bloorayne. Michael Madsen was VISIBLY drunk in more than one scene. Meatloaf (Aday) in a wig, surrounded by nekkid women! Ben Kingsley in the most hilarious rape scene ever. Fight choreography that makes Xena look inspired. How can it be worse? How can it be more entertaining?

well, alone int he dark is just awful

house of the dead however...

imagine a flashback where the main bad guy is confronted by the captain of the ship hes being held captive on. They talk for a little bit and the line, the whole point this scene is happening is coming up. the two actors just stand there and stare at each other as if they had forgotten what they were doing for a good 30 seconds before the captain of the ship remembers his line and finishes the scene.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
cvxfreak said:
I wish Uwe Boll would fight Jack Thompson instead. Either way, we win.

Hmm... it seems like there is a halfway decent chance Thompson said something bad about Boll's films, isn't there?

I half think Thompson would jump at the chance to box Boll in the ring, if someone told him that he made lousy films based on violent video games.

Limedust

White Man said:

I have fond memories of watching the Aries stunt double wearing the most hilariously nappy wig during every fight scene... as if they tried to highlight the fact that it wasn't the same actor. Hell, they could have at least brushed the damned thing before the blind monkey slapped it on his head. And I swear to God they put the thing on backwards at least half the time.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh Uwe...

I haven't seen HotD and Alone in the Dark, but I find it difficult to believe that they were even worse then Bloorayne.
They are both so much worse yet so much better. Bloodrayne is technically a better film, but I am certainly not suggesting that it is a GOOD film. Quite the opposite. Bloodrayne is an awful movie, but not quite awful enough. HotD was SO bad that you often found yourself laughing while watching it. That's right, it's one of THOSE movies. Movies SO bad, they're good.

That's pretty much the issue right there. Uwe's film making skills improved just enough that his latest film was simply boring.

Willco

Hollywood Square
They were not entertaining at all because of their poor quality. They just sucked. Anyone who says Uwe Boll's films are so bad, they're good ruins it for the rest of us campy, Grade-Z hipsters.

sp0rsk said:
imagine a flashback where the main bad guy is confronted by the captain of the ship hes being held captive on. They talk for a little bit and the line, the whole point this scene is happening is coming up. the two actors just stand there and stare at each other as if they had forgotten what they were doing for a good 30 seconds before the captain of the ship remembers his line and finishes the scene.

Don't forget that the captain of the ship looks remarkably similar to Captain Crunch

MC Safety said:
I've seen Uwe Boll in person. Although he looks rather jovial, he's also lean and wiry.

I could imagine him tearing through 10 or so doughy Internet critics.

Also, this is probably the dumbest promotional stunt ever. (Not including the time Acclaim told people it would pay people's tickets if they were caught speeding on the way to purchase Burnout 2. Or the time Acclaim said it would buy advertising on people's tombstones to promote Shadowman.)

Well let's see. I used to review movies for a local paper.. I'm sure I could pull some strings and get some in the paper I work for now.

I'm 6 foot 8 and about 280lbs. Wonder how he'd fare if I caught him with a hook?

broadwayrock said:
Mr Boll is passing the blame of Bloodraynes theatrical failure on Billy Zane and his Romanr Entertainment production company because they apparently didnt make enough prints of Bloodrayne to meet the demand of the movie theatres. He is planning to sue Zane of his production company.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/06/uwe_boll_suing_billy_zane_over_bloodrayne.html
The funny part about that is that Boll thought there was a DEMAND for that piece of celluloid trash!
The previews looked like direct to Sci-Fi Channel garbage!!!!

I'm convinced that he only still has a job as a cruel in-joke between movie studios.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Is HOTD actually that bad (so bad it's funny bad)? Like EvilAliens and Undead funny bad? Those two movies were absolutely hilariously bad, but it helped that they didn't take themselves too seriously, like the old Peter Jackson flicks.

LakeEarth

broadwayrock said:
Mr Boll is passing the blame of Bloodraynes theatrical failure on Billy Zane and his Romanr Entertainment production company because they apparently didnt make enough prints of Bloodrayne to meet the demand of the movie theatres. He is planning to sue Zane of his production company.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/06/uwe_boll_suing_billy_zane_over_bloodrayne.html
When the movie came out there was a thread saying they accidentally made too MANY Bloodrayne prints.

Thraktor

border said:
The German film financing tax shelter tax law has supposedly been revoked. No wonder Boll's next film is full of no-name actors -- he's having to scale things back and aim for real profitability. Soon he won't even be able to afford videogame licenses.

It was revoked, but all films in production that had been announced before 1st January 2006 were still able to make use of the tax breaks. By a complete and utter coincidence, Boll proceeded to announce 5 new projects on the 31st December 2005.

I will fight Dr. Boll and make a much better film than BloodRayne chronicling the ass kicking and the fall of a true internet legend. Fly me out there, you stupid sonnovabitch!

Shake and Tarantino tag-team ftw! :lol

Bloodwake

20060621.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom