• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uwe Boll is retiring from filmmaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

http://www.avclub.com/article/uwe-boll-announces-his-retirement-filmmaking-244856

In a new interview with Toronto Metro, Uwe Boll announces he’s officially done making movies, thanks to a completely unfair state of affairs in which the international market has tanked, combined with his general inability to make anything someone wants to put in front of their eyes.

“The market is dead,” says the man whose contributions to 99-cent bargain bins probably accounts for at least 20 percent of that death. “You don’t make any money anymore on movies because the DVD and Blu-ray market worldwide has dropped 80 per cent in the last three years. That is the real reason; I just cannot afford to make movies.”

From the linked interview:

“I can’t go back to student filmmaking because I have made so many movies in my life, and I can’t make cheaper and cheaper movies at my age. It’s a shame. I would be happy to make movies but it is just not financially profitable.”

Boll says he’s been self-financing his films for over a decade.

“I never had people giving me money,” he says.

“I’ve been using my money since 2005 and if I hadn’t made the stupid video game based movies I would never have amalgamated the capital so I could say, ‘Let’s make the Darfur movie.’ I don’t need a Ferrari, I don’t need a yacht. I invested in my own movies and I lost money.”

A-V-B

No... Stop... Don't go...

I believe this is the droid you're looking for.

66c2355d05b44f308d8a854a7d33bc0f.gif

nicanica

I can say that I've watched the House of the Dead movie 3 times, but cannot say I've seen Crystal skull beyond opening night.

So there's that.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
“I’ve been using my money since 2005 and if I hadn’t made the stupid video game based movies I would never have amalgamated the capital so I could say, ‘Let’s make the Darfur movie.’ I don’t need a Ferrari, I don’t need a yacht. I invested in my own movies and I lost money.”
So we don't have Uwe Boll to blame for the Bloodrayne movies, we have the Bloodrayne movies to blame for Uwe Boll.

edit: wrong shitty guy

I'll miss him, his films were always entertaining and he was pretty crazy with his public life. Plus how can I hate the man who helped spawn this gif?

b6R742a.gif

He's actually opened up a restaurant in Vancouver that has been getting decent reviews. I've been meaning to check out. Maybe I'll say "Hi".

Lol I guess this explains why his game movies were so terrible, he doesn't even hide the fact that they were literal cash grabs

I'm actually interested if his point about the dvd-market has any truth to it. would be sad if indies had to give up because that was a big part of their income. Actually curious.
Could be bullshit of course coming from boll.

AlexBasch

I'll miss him, his films were always entertaining and he was pretty crazy with his public life. Plus how can I hate the man who helped spawn this gif?

b6R742a.gif
I swear I feel like the girl when I get killed right after spawning in a online mode.

Like "Fucking really? Oh well then, change the loadout it is".

DedValve

Banned
I swear I feel like the girl when I get killed right after spawning in a online mode.

Like "Fucking really? Oh well then, change the loadout it is".

You just turned something stupid for the shock value into something genuinely funny.

You should be a film maker. I hear theres an opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom