• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve + Ati deal; HL2 coupon

shibbs

Do you get a Half life 2 coupon with every Radeon card? Or only with the 9600xt and 9800xt.

Is the coupon good for a free copy or just a discount?

thanks,

shibbs

epmode

Society said:
They stopped the coupon deal way back in May I think.
i'm pretty sure it's still being offered in the new x800 cards. not sure about the others.

the coupon is good for a free non-collector's edition copy of half-life 2. you can either download it on steam, or get a boxed copy mailed to your house. the boxed copy takes a few weeks to ship, though.

BTMash

As far as I can remember, the deal with valve did not cover for after the 9800/9600XT line (I could be mistaken though). And yep, its good for the full version of the game (non collector's edition)

Kon Tiki

Banned
As far as I can remember, the deal with valve did not cover for after the 9800/9600XT line (I could be mistaken though).

They did. Maybe they stopped the 9600xt ones. I know my 9600xt one did not come with one, dispite being advertised with one.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Speaking of Half Life 2, now that I've finished Doom 3, my anticipation for this game has shot back up to where it was at E3 2003, has there been any concrete release date thrown out so far?

Bregor

Eric-GCA said:
Speaking of Half Life 2, now that I've finished Doom 3, my anticipation for this game has shot back up to where it was at E3 2003, has there been any concrete release date thrown out so far?

No official release date at all. Lots of hints that it will be soon.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
My 9600XT came with a HL2 coupon. (Sapphire Fireblade edition)

Just waiting for HL2 to appear on steam now, then it's mine, all mine.

BTMash

Society said:
They did. Maybe they stopped the 9600xt ones. I know my 9600xt one did not come with one, dispite being advertised with one.

In the cases where it was advertised with one and did not come included, I believe people were asked to call the ATI support line from where they could receive instructions on how to obtain it.

I do know that the new 9600xt/9800xt's being shipped out no long have it (money down the drain for ati on the deal :()

Kon Tiki

Banned
BTMash said:
In the cases where it was advertised with one and did not come included, I believe people were asked to call the ATI support line from where they could receive instructions on how to obtain it.

I do know that the new 9600xt/9800xt's being shipped out no long have it (money down the drain for ati on the deal :()

I just called. No deal. Unless there is another number.

i bought a 9600xt awhiles back, entered the cd key into steam last night. was told i will get hl2 when released.
for those of you in doubt, dont believe the guys who dont know what they are talking about. if you have the coupon you get hl2.

pure and simple.

BTMash

The cost of it was supposed to be inflated, yep. The ones that distinctly didn't have any "Free HL2 coupon" sticker or whatever it was on it were slightly cheaper.

And That just blows, Society...that is what they had done for the ppl that did not initially receive the deal when the box said so.

Vormund

Is is particular brands of ATI cards that come with the coupon? Because I've got a PowerColor X800 pro and I didn't get any coupon.

Mrbob

No pros.

Just the 9600XT and 9800XT. Well, I shouldn't say that. AllStarShop was selling some Pros with the HL2 coupon but that isn't the norm. That is something seperate they were doing. They don't normally come in PRO boxes. The deal is pretty much dead now. You can find them on a few X800XTs though. I forget the ones though...

shibbs

See, my friend got a 9600xt about 2 weeks ago and he did get a coupon. Guess i should get my card at the same place.

Top Bottom