• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

SELL YOUR PC'S IT'S ALL OVER

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/review.html

"In many ways, Bloodlines feels very much influenced by the classic role-playing game Fallout, which is to be expected since developer Troika was founded by members of the Fallout team. Bloodlines presents a very interesting world to explore and memorable characters to interact with, and the open-ended nature of many of the quests allows you to tackle the game in multiple ways. So if you can look past the clunky combat and other shortcomings, you'll find that there's a rich world to explore in Bloodlines, a role-playing game that ultimately allows you to indulge your inner vampire."

Mrbob

SOME NASTY BUGS?!

Meh. I can't believe this. How long was Troika sitting on this game? I'll wait for the first patch or two before picking this up.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Tre said:
Fallout? You were unimpressed with Fallout? ToEE suffers from a poor story, but the actual combat system rocks.

Only a small portion of Troika's staff were involved with Fallout, most stayed with Interplay to form black isle and made stuff like Fallout 2, Planescape and whatnot.

Sjoerd

Mashing said:
Has Trokia made a good game yet? I've been unimpressed with their efforts thusfar.

Arcanum was good imo, and just because gamespot gives it a 7.7 doesn't mean it is a bad game.

And yes the combat might not be like half-life 2, but games like deus ex, system shock 2 etc. never have a good combat system.

Takuan

Man, no wonder the character creation screen looked so damned familiar with all the feats and whatnot. I had no clue Troika was made up of ex-Fallout devs!

I'll just wait for them to patch this up proper. Then again, neither of the Fallouts ever got fixed completely, did they (bad memories of the martial arts competition in FO2)?

golem

for those who care about scores, ign gave it a 8.4

the game has been very fun so far, alot of things to do and usually several ways to do them. the story is interesting and there is alot to learn about the game world. really, outside of the first very-poorly-done cutscene, the visuals have been fine for a rpg.. just dont expect it to match half life 2's ridiculously awesome graphics.

got the game also and yes the combat is clunky as all hell

but the story and the characters fucking rock

the whole Sisters story

Where its revealed that janet and theresa are the same person and how the whole stuff with her dad went down was insane, fyi I made sure to choose janet

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Game is pretty fun so far, but it's running pretty choppy for me at times no matter how low I make the detail or change the resolution, so I guess it has nothing to do with that. PATCH IS NEEDED. :)

I started out as one of the "crazy" type characters, but the speech pattern is so dumb for that type that I'm going to probably restart as a gangrel. I tried a female character too, and didn't see a real difference in character dialogue, although hitting on girls at the club got some pretty funny responses! :lol

Top Bottom