• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game deals (2/6 - 2/12)

demi

whytemyke said:
Why? You can go slam your dick in a door for free, and it'll give you the same effect with less load times.

Um, because slamming my dick in a door hurts? :(

demi

Just got back.

Lots of games! Plenty of Taiko, for anyone who is interested.

There were no games labeled, so the guy gave me the list itself after I discussed it with him!

I of course picked up Yoshi's Island and VJ2, but what a surprise -- they aren't on sale! Now why would that be? I just walked off, nothing worth getting. Went to GameStop to look for Kohler's book, no luck. So I picked up Phantom Brave / SMT Nocturne guide for ~$13! Now I just...need these games to play them.

Now, let me end this post with a simple question:

Can I use the EyeToy as a webcam?

If so, how is the quality?

Also, if anyone wants me to snoop out a game for them, I can check it out.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I guess I don't have to go to Circuit City for you demi.

That's kinda funny about CC not labelling anything. I was at mine at 11 sharp and there were two guys busy walking around with price tags to put in front of the games (big red label indicating it was on sale).

Oh well, sucks about VJ2. Was planning to check out if any of the CC's up here have 'em.

demi

TekunoRobby said:
I guess I don't have to go to Circuit City for you demi.

That's kinda funny about CC not labelling anything. I was at mine at 11 sharp and there were two guys busy walking around with price tags to put in front of the games (big red label indicating it was on sale).

Oh well, sucks about VJ2. Was planning to check out if any of the CC's up here have 'em.

The guy:

"It would take a long time to label every game!"

Piss off, assface. I was like "I must be blind, because I'm not seeing the advertised red tags...what's on sale again?"

Then he printed out the list.

Anyway -- EyeToy. How much is it on sale (I didn't scan it)? And can I use it as a webcam, what is quality, yadda yadda..

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Dave Long said:
Nothing was marked. No games at my Circuit City had any indication of being part of some "50-title" half-off sale. The bottom line is that Circuit City just fucking sucks at pricing and training associates. There's probably a list right there somewhere in their computer telling them what to mark down/sticker with red dots and their employees have no clue how to implement it.

It's absolutely the worst run company at the store level in the electronics business. I think they survive on name/branding/TV ads alone anymore because they certainly can't figure out how to stock correctly or price their product so people will know how much it costs and buy it.
I so agree with these sentiments. CC is completely worthless as a business, I wish nothing less than total bankruptcy upon them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think Circuit City is pissed off because of the $5 Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits/Player's Choice glitch from 2 months ago. But hey, their bad management is to our advantage...it just means another $5 clearance sale in the near future :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wario64 said:
I think Circuit City is pissed off because of the $5 Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits/Player's Choice glitch from 2 months ago. But hey, their bad management is to our advantage...it just means another $5 clearance sale in the near future :)

I hope so. Can't get enough of those $5 clearance sales...

Hero

For the super clearance sale last year at CC, I can't hate them.

I didn't participate in the PC/GH/PH glitch the other month, too big of a stockpile already.

Unfortunately, if you need anything else at CC or actually expect competent business savy, you're going to be disappointed.

atomsk

Party Pooper
went back today and grabbed the ps2 HD for my own nefarious purposes *shifty eyes*

question, does anyone take FFXI on trade in sans HD? cause i've no use for it.

BuddyC

Found FFXI, Chains, Taiko and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (how did I overlook this my past few visits).

Thanks for the heads up guys :)

demi-

You can use an EyeToy as a webcame, it's uh, average webcam quality.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
How much did you get BoF? I got that game last year for $4.99 when they were clearancing games at the beginning of 2004

BuddyC

Chains of Promathia Expansion Pack is only 19.99 to boot, in case you're more excited about the software than HD potential.

Top Bottom