• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of the new Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmTv/exclusive/player.asp?articleID=11829

Batmobile.jpg

The music got annoying.

:lol @ the "milk shake" song...

Willco

Hollywood Square
Lame. I've seen photos of this! I was hoping for video of the car kickin' ass and takin' names.

I want to see it driving around. Not spinning slowly.

And isn't there supposed to be a teaser trailer for Batman Begins with iRobot? How much footage is there going to be?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Idle Will Kill said:
I want to see it driving around. Not spinning slowly.

And isn't there supposed to be a teaser trailer for Batman Begins with iRobot? How much footage is there going to be?

The teaser is 65 seconds according to SHH! and it is supposed to be attached to certain prints of I, Robot.

darscot

Does Batman take on the Iraq's in the script. Does he wear army fatigues and an American flag as a cape? That's what I think of when I see that Batmobile.

darscot said:
Does Batman take on the Iraq's in the script. Does he wear army fatigues and an American flag as a cape? That's what I think of when I see that Batmobile.

Well then you are thinking in the right direction. The Bat Mobile was designed by the U.S. Army. It will probably become more refined over the course of the Begins series.

CyberWorm

That thing is godawful. It looks like someone saw a pile of scrap metal at a junkyard and thought "I think I'll weld it all together, exactly how it's sitting there. Yeah, neato dood!"

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yeah, considering it's supposed to be a military vehicle, I'm willing to let all asthetic design flaws slide. Plus, the thing actually runs on jet fuel.

Trevelyon

Ghost said:
I thought that teaser was supposed to be released on the 14th :-/

Yeah, first it was rumoured to be attached to Catwoman, then supposedly a deal was struck with Fox to attach with some prints of I, Robot... now that doesn't look like it'll be happening.

Then it was said that ET would be showing the trailer in typical semi butchered form on Thursdays show, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN... now it seems that there is no BB teaser trailer attached to I, Robot prints & supposedly it's back to square one, being packaged with Catwoman. :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It's ugly, but if I saw a dude jump out of it dressed as a bat, I'd shit myself and give up.

effzee

why cant we have classical batmobile? that thing is hideous. for all the good going into this movie, this thing is just horrible.

It is on some I, Robot prints. Whenever there is a big trailer like this, it is never on all the prints, I think it has to do with certain movie theater chains.

I remember when there was a Gamecube trailer on a movie and everyone here was talking about it, and it wasn't there when I went to see the film.

effzee

Trevelyon said:
Yeah, first it was rumoured to be attached to Catwoman, then supposedly a deal was struck with Fox to attach with some prints of I, Robot... now that doesn't look like it'll be happening.

Then it was said that ET would be showing the trailer in typical semi butchered form on Thursdays show, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN... now it seems that there is no BB teaser trailer attached to I, Robot prints & supposedly it's back to square one, being packaged with Catwoman. :(

but somehow someway it will end up on the internet right? or will i have to sneak into catwoman just to see the previews?

and is this teaser going to be of the "not showing any real footage" persuasion? i mean how much have they even shot so far of the movie to put together a traier?

effzee said:
why cant we have classical batmobile? that thing is hideous. for all the good going into this movie, this thing is just horrible.

Considering Batman is "beginning" in this film, it wouldn't make any sense to right off the bat have some super flashy bat car.

effzee

but it also doesnt make sense for him to have that.

it doesnt make sense for anyone to have that.

doesnt even make sense to have ever made it passed the drawing board.

Trevelyon

effzee said:
and is this teaser going to be of the "not showing any real footage" persuasion? i mean how much have they even shot so far of the movie to put together a traier?

A supposed trailer description:

"Black screen, The Wb logo fades in. It stays on screen for a few seconds, A little longer than normal, Then it fades to black. The black screen also stays for a few moments, then quietly some of the theme starts to play (I'm not too certain but I think it's the same theme they've used in the past for Batman trailers, But I defiantly know it was music from the Burton film).

After about 10-15 seconds of darkness a complete white frame fades in, Then it looks blurry, Then we start to see shades of blue, Then it totally fades in. It's a very wide shot of a snowbound mass of land, with a small figure walking towards the camera (I kept thinking what the hell is this? They just must be using Batman music). Then it was an upclose shot of Bale, He falls into the snow. He starts coughing.

There is some voice-overs of different people, mainly Neeson. There are flashes of the rest of the cast, Bale talking about his fears, what drives him. Then We see a man slip on a strange looking gas mask. Very German/Nazi WW2 looking for the design of the mask. Probably the Scarecrow. A black screen, Batman standing on top of a building then jumping falling down towards the screen. Flashes of a fast moving train, What looks like a huge black tank and a helicopter and police cars. A few more flashes of some fast paced car action.

There are a few shots of the city (Which look very dark and pretty rough, Very unfinished). Then Bale's eyes appear over the skyline, Which fades into Bale's face in the Batman mask.

Then a black screen and the new bat logo fades in, kinda old school with a rusted finish. It slowly moves towards the screen with a bass dropping drone. The credits fade in "Next Summer it Begins.""

http://www.batman-on-film.com/

Sounds genuine enough & definitely not a X2 type teaser.

Willco

Hollywood Square
effzee said:
but it also doesnt make sense for him to have that.

Yeah, it does. Wayne Enterprises is a government contractor for the military. This was one of their scrapped military projects. He gets all his Bat stuff from WE. Do you fail to see how this works?

effzee said:
it doesnt make sense for anyone to have that.

Considering you don't know how it works, especially within the movie, you can't say that. I do and I can say if the government could get a vehicle like this in real-life, they'd beg Bruce Wayne for one!

doesnt even make sense to have ever made it passed the drawing board.

It was made that way because it was written that way in the script. The fact they're staying that true to Goyer's script is a good thing since his script kicks ass.

I think it looks good. It looks as though it was built by Wayne himself in his garage. Think about it...you are on a roaring rampage of revenge and you need a car... do you say to someone "I'm going to need a car that looks somewhat Bat like, here is a drawing, please build it for me. By the way, if you ever hear about a BATMAN crime fighter who uses this same car it isn't me, its another guy."

At the same time, this vehicle actually looks armoured unlike the cars of the past that look like they would break if they took a corner too hard. They are obviously going for a version of Batman that is as realistic as it could possibly be given the subject matter.

effzee

Willco said:
Yeah, it does. Wayne Enterprises is a government contractor for the military. This was one of their scrapped military projects. He gets all his Bat stuff from WE. Do you fail to see how this works?

Considering you don't know how it works, especially within the movie, you can't say that. I do and I can say if the government could get a vehicle like this in real-life, they'd beg Bruce Wayne for one!

It was made that way because it was written that way in the script. The fact they're staying that true to Goyer's script is a good thing since his script kicks ass.

i meant all that in terms of the design of it. those two wheels in the front sticking out look atrocious. im not against him having scrapped military projects or equipment. its just that they could have made it look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom