• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voice Actor Madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, for the longest time I didn't notice this.. but Fry from futurama is the voice of the Cheerio Honey Bee!

Who else can you think of that does voices for popular characters that are featured elsewhere?

I don't know how to verify it but I think the guy who does Liquid Snake does the voice over for all those Netzero Hispeed commercials. Sounds like him IMO anyway.

well, the guy who played the auditor/lawyer (or whatever) in Raisin in the Sun with Denny Glover was the voice of Winnie the Pooh...i think...i'm not really sure; my high school english teacher from 6 years ago told the class about this.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Bender in Futurama = Wakka and Kamari in FFX
Ami in Futurama = Yuna in FFX
Cotton Hill and Kahn from King of the Hill = Artie from the Adventures of Pete and Pete

robochimp

The Shadow said:
I don't know how to verify it but I think the guy who does Liquid Snake does the voice over for all those Netzero Hispeed commercials. Sounds like him IMO anyway.

He was also Leonardo from the original teenage Mutnat Nija Turtles cartoon

You know, for the longest time I didn't notice this.. but Fry from futurama is the voice of the Cheerio Honey Bee!

Billy West has done so much more than that. Most notably Being Doug of "Doug" fame and voicing Ren and Stimpy

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/

robochimp said:
He was also Leonardo from the original teenage Mutnat Nija Turtles cartoon

I've heard him in a few other cartoons too, though I don't remember which. I've heard him in quite a few video games as well (Grandia 2, Berzerk, and Robotech that I can remember off the top of my head). He gets around as far as VA jobs go.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
The Shadow said:
I've heard him in a few other cartoons too, though I don't remember which. I've heard him in quite a few video games as well (Grandia 2, Berzerk, and Robotech that I can remember off the top of my head). He gets around as far as VA jobs go.
Haha, he was the voice of the blue squishy bear from Eek the Cat and the main character in Klutter.

Sparks from Sealab 2021 was also the talking Parkay.

Cam Clarke (old Leonardo etc.) is in every damn thing in existence. Sometimes in multiple roles, conversing with others of himself (Grandia 2).

EDIT:
Oh, here's a good one. Scrooge McDuck was also Wilbur on Mr. Ed.

Pachinko

You guys have alllready mentioned the big 2 that make it into almost everything.. Cam Clarke (who is like 50 years old for crying out loud) and billy west(whose my fucking idol).

For some random japanese voice acting knowledge- the voice of son goku in japan was also astro boy in the original cartoon, and the actress is nearly 70 now!

Rlan

Rob Paulson was not only the voice of Pinky from Pinky and the Brain, but has done countless other voices:

Lilo & Stitch Series - Experiment #625
Final Fantasy X-2 - Tobli/Lian Ronso
"Tick, The" (1994) - Arthur
"Mask, The" (1995) TV Series - Stanley Ipkiss
"Sonic the Hedgehog"- Antoine
"Animaniacs" - Yakko Warner
Bubsy - cartoon and game
"Goof Troop" (1992) - Peter 'P.J.' Pete, Jr.
"Darkwing Duck" (1991) - Steelbeak
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" - Raphael

He also did one-off voices in Batman, Spider-Man, Quack Pack, Freakazoid, Fairly Odd-Parents and Kim possible

Jim Cummings does the voice of Winnie the Pooh, but also did the voice of Robotnik from the Sonic SatAM Series, Fuzzy Lumpings from PPG, Fat Cat from Chip & Dale, DarkWing Duck, Bonkers, Pete from Goof Troop, Psy-Crow from EarthWorm Jim, Cat from CatDog, and a whole load of others.

Kath Soucie did the voices for:

Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando - Angela
Rugrats - Phil/Lil/Betty DeVille
Final Fantasy X-2 - Taro
"Futurama" (1999) - Cubert J. Farnsworth/Michelle/Albert/Additional Voices
Space Jam - Lola Bunny
\"Quack Pack" - Daisy Duck
"Earthworm Jim" - Princess What's-Her-Name
Dexter's Laboratory - Dexter's Mom
"Sonic the Hedgehog" (1993) - Princess Sally Acorn/Nicole, Sally's Computer
"Tiny Toon Adventures" - Fifi Le Fume/Little Sneezer
"Captain Planet and the Planeteers" -. Linka

Soooo many people you can find doing other voices.

carpal

His name was Robert Paulson?

Hey cool thread. Cam Clarke's resume is frightening. (Isn't he in Tales of Symphonia too?)

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Tidus is Ratchet.

And Ratchet apparently has 2 different voice actors in his 2 games. Who knew?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Billy West does heaps of video games. hes i-ninja. Cool.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
The lack of Frank Welker respect in this thread is unforgivable.

Not only is he the voice of both of these characters,
madcatpet.gif

but he's also the voice of about a million other characters: Freddy from Scooby Doo, Hefty Smurf, Kermit on Muppet Babies, Stripe in Gremlins, Monkey and Krunk on Dexter's Lab, Nibbler on Futurama, and my favorites, Soundwave and Megatron on Transformers.

And whenever you hear an animal in a cartoons or some sort of alien creature in a movie, chances are it's Frank doing the sounds.

Just check out this guy's resume.

Frank Welker is the most talented voice actor working today. And don't get me started on Rob "90% of my characters sound like Raphael from TMNT" Paulsen...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Cast of Pokemon = Cast of Valkyrie Profile

No kidding, Arngrim is MEOWTH!

I think it would be awesome to be a voice actor, how do you get a gig?

Cherubae

Ash from Pokemon = April O'Neil in the new Turtle cartoon

Every year at the San Diego comic con there's a large voice-acting panel where a bunch of them get together and crack jokes using their cartoon voices. I've met a couple of them and they're all really nice. Mark Hamill was there one year and mentioned how he was a V.A. before he became Luke Skywalker. He also did the Joker on the 90's Batman cartoon.

Rlan

Kabuki Waq said:
All i know is that the Guy who does the Voice for Batman can never voice any other character again.

Pretty much, it's it's a shame that he's not getting the voice in 'The Batman'. When does that begin anyhow?

Since he is the voice of Batman, you'd think others would use the same voice, like how Gary Chalk is basically THE voice for any Optimus Prime, but uses a very similar voice for Robotnik in Sonic Underground, and Man-of-arms in He-Man.

Heh, he was also Grounder in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, King Hippo in Captain N, Guts Man in the Mega Man show, Mike Haggar in the Final Fight show, Dalsim in the Street Fighter series, and Slash & Turbo in Reboot.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Elmo is a Black dude. My Mom does work with him.

I need to see who does the voices for:

Optimus Prime
Cobra Commander
Starscream
Megatron

somnific

i always found it interesting that Earle Hyman (who played Russel Huxtable - better know as the grandfather - on the Cosby show) was the voice of Panthro on Thundercats.

XS+

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
All i know is that the Guy who does the Voice for Batman can never voice any other character again.
Why not? Leonardo does voice acting all over the place. He's still Leo though, no matter what he does (games, anime, car insurance ads, etc)

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
fenekku-gitsune said:
Tidus is Ratchet.

And Ratchet apparently has 2 different voice actors in his 2 games. Who knew?
Which ever Ratchet(I assume the first one)that voiced Tidus, also voiced Gabe Logan in the new Syphon Filter Omega Strain.

MASB

The Bookerman said:
Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air was the Voice of Shredder in the original Teenage mutant ninja turtles.

I WIN.
Eh? I thought Jim Cummings (current Winnie The Pooh, Pete from Goof Troop, etc.) did that. I read an interview from 1990/91 where he was talking about how hard it was to do the voice for Shredder (harder on the vocal cords apparently). Maybe there were two Shredder voices.

EDIT: Okay, according to IMDB, there must have been about four people who voiced Shredder. Jim was the last one it seems. Yeesh! Jim has been in like 200+ different projects, not countering the number of TV episodes in those projects he's been in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom