• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Disabled, or just desperate? Rural Americans turn to disability as jobs dry up

This is what confuses me. If these people rely so heavily on government assistance why do they overwhelming vote for a party that is trying to take away their assistance?

It takes a certain degree of education to vote in line with policy and tangible legislation rather than rhetoric. They quite simply don't have the critical thinking skills you or I take for granted and that ensures that they are vulnerable to Trumpian spiels and Fox News fearmongering.

This is what confuses me. If these people rely so heavily on government assistance why do they overwhelming vote for a party that is trying to take away their assistance?

Politicians have convinced them that they are only going to take it away from the people that don't actually deserve it (minorities and immigrants). THere seems to be this thinking that if you take these entitlements away from the people that don't "deserve" them (i.e. the brown people) there will be plenty of money to go around for the right (white) ones.

Mimosa97

Keep-Government-out-of-Medicare-11-21-16.jpg

images

6a00d83451bb2969e20120a5c02dda970c-800wi.jpg

Top Bottom