• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump predicts ‘tenfold’ boost in tourism for Guam amid threats by North Korea

EYEL1NER

Tourism isn't gonna increase with that population of brown tree snakes that have dominion over the island. I had orders there once upon a time (I was fully ready to go and they got cancelled at the last minute) and I figured that the high cost of living, the shortages of necessities at the stores/K-Mart during a storm, the sun, the super-low speed limits and slippery roads, and other downsides wouldn't be an issue, but knowing that those snakes were EVERYWHERE certainly gave me pause. The snake population has been on the decline but it's not low enough for me yet.

From wiki:
Current status
Currently, the brown tree snake population on Guam is declining with an equilibrium population size predicted to be roughly 30 to 50 snakes per hectare (2.5 acres). The decline in snake population may be identified as a result of depleted food resources, adult mortality and/or suppressed reproduction.[17] That is, the brown tree snake population on Guam has exceeded the carrying capacity of the island.
That's great that they're dying and all but I don't particularly like that reason why. Though it's better than other times when the people attempted to kill them off, like when they decided to offer money for every snake caught, and then the poor Chamorros started breeding them.

I was debating trying for a job in my field out there recently as a last resort if I can't find anything in my desired areas, but I don't know now. That governor sounds like a complete tool.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
nk3xOOe.jpg

At first I was like "No Ron Perlman not you too" then I chuckled a bit.

He's literally telling other people that war would be a good thing. War specifically in their country.

This is the definition of war profiteering.

Top Bottom