• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 is looking really good...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Too much games on my platter right now but I'll sure be playing this later on. First game was much better and fun that I expected it to be.

I probably won't pick it up at launch, but it looks super fun. It's basically giving me that Gears of War vibe that Gears of War hasn't given me in a looooong time.
If it's anything like the first game it won't have anything to do with Gears, since those games are much more about being aggressive rather than taking cover.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Too much games on my platter right now but I'll sure be playing this later on. First game was much better and fun that I expected it to be.

If it's anything like the first game it won't have anything to do with Gears, since those games are much more about being aggressive rather than taking cover.

I should've been more specific - it's more aesthetically similar than anything. It's a vibe.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
cant-wait-football.gif

Deliver us from Evil

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You're damned fucking right, heretic.

Day One.

The Emperor Protects. Kill for the living, kill for the dead. Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne. They will know no fear. Magnus did nothing wrong. Happy gas mark noises. Drive the tank at them, I want to hit them with my sword. It's also a hammer. Waaaaaaaaaagh.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Hell yeah I was a massive fan of the original and this is my most hyped game of the year baby.

It looks so fucking good lets goooooooo!

makaveli60

We're about 2 weeks from release, anyone hyped for this game? I've never played a Warhammer game before, so this will be my first, but damn this is looking REAL good.

Previews have been very positive.

I’m like you. Not familiar with Warhammer at all, but this game looks epic. GOTY material, can’t wait

Last edited:
Is this a real question? Any 40k fan is counting the days, hell the previous game was released 13 years ago (also we don't get many great 40k games lately). Even if you don't like Warhammer, you can see the foundation of a straight fun shooter (more with the whole helldivers craze as of recently. So yeah, even me who's always skeptical about Focus Interactive, and the delays and continuous complains about performance, the hopes are up there

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'm pretty sure it will be a fantastic and extremely fun game. I'm interested in buying it later, because I'm a bit cautious about its technical performance.

Also, I am completely new to the Warhammer franchise, but I'm slowly learning more and more about it. Space Marines 2 will be my first proper exposure into this universe.

kikkis

I think if they really make the core gameplay engaging it can be super fun like l4d. But it's quite difficult.

Ammogeddon

I need to know how much mindless horde killing is the focus of the game before being really interested.
I know at some point Chaos Space Marines come into it but it looks like they don’t want to show full gameplay just yet, probably spoilers.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I know at some point Chaos Space Marines come into it but it looks like they don’t want to show full gameplay just yet, probably spoilers.
I think they showed some chaos space marines gameplay, i just hope horde killing is like 10% of the game, and not 50%.

I think they showed some chaos space marines gameplay, i just hope horde killing is like 10% of the game, and not 50%.
If it's anything like the first game, the PvE experience (campaign and co-op operations) will be fighting hordes of tyranids for at least 50% of the time, even after Chaos shows up.

EekTheKat

I think this game's voice chat will be one of those games that will be hilarious to listen to, as it's almost impossible to resist the temptation to act out as a Space Marine from your favorite chapter.

Last edited:

EekTheKat

Space Marine 2 is seemingly packaged like an old school title with SP/MP components all in one, with some modern touches like Cross save progression, Cross platform coop play.

It's doing seemingly everything possible to keep 40k fans on board, while saying/doing things to attract non 40k gamers who are aware of the pitfalls of the current gaming landscape, such as addressing some of the many PC gaming pitfalls that exists today.

Apparently, no Denuvo on launch for PC.

With acknowledgement of Steam Deck support "hopefully" by the end of the year as well in their FAQ.

They have an idea/wish list built up by the community with dev feedback as well :

From what I've read - the mixed reaction bits that have met with some fan pushback include no cross platform PVP PC vs Consoles. That and "No modding support" in their plans by the devs.

I'm not sure how long the positive sentiments towards Saber/Focus will last, but good on them for seemingly doing a lot right heading towards launch.

Last edited:
Space Marine 2 is seemingly packaged like an old school title with SP/MP components all in one, with some modern touches like Cross save progression, Cross platform coop play.

It's doing seemingly everything possible to keep 40k fans on board, while saying/doing things to attract non 40k gamers who are aware of the pitfalls of the current gaming landscape, such as addressing some of the many PC gaming pitfalls that exists today.

With acknowledgement of Steam Deck support "hopefully" by the end of the year as well in their FAQ.

Apparently - they have an idea/wish list built up by the community with dev feedback as well :

From what I've read - the mixed reaction bits that have met with some fan pushback include no cross platform PVP PC vs Consoles. That and "No modding support" in their plans by the devs.

I'm not sure how long the positive sentiments towards Saber/Focus will last, but good on them for seemingly doing a lot right heading towards launch.
I don't know why they don't have controller only lobbies for PvP (PC and PS5/Xbox crossplay).

I play exclusively on the PC and I really wanted to play this game with my friends who are console peasants.

:'(

Mephisto40

Looking really good, only disappointing thing I'm hearing is the campaign is only 10 hours log, that means there is only about 10 missions total in the game

Hoping the coop missions add to the longevity considerably

makaveli60

Looking really good, only disappointing thing I'm hearing is the campaign is only 10 hours log, that means there is only about 10 missions total in the game

Hoping the coop missions add to the longevity considerably
Perfect length. Will take a handcrafted 10 hours any day over 20-30 or hundreds of hours copy-paste uninspired content.

EekTheKat

I don't know why they don't have controller only lobbies for PvP (PC and PS5/Xbox crossplay).

I play exclusively on the PC and I really wanted to play this game with my friends who are console peasants.

:'(

It was cited as a Balance issue - but I think most people wouldn't complain if pvp crossplay was a separate toggle that defaulted to off as a compromise

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Good, there is absolutely no fucking reason to have it when you launch on Steam, which is a DRM in itself. You are only punishing legitimate customers. I also think after decades the amount of piracy is rather low.

Top Bottom