• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 is looking really good...

GymWolf

Gold Member
Perfect length. Will take a handcrafted 10 hours any day over 20-30 or hundreds of hours copy-paste uninspired content.
You fight hordes more than once, so you already have repetition in just 10 hours, just saying...

Being short means nothing, wukong is 40 hours but you have like 200 between mobs and bosses and great variety all around.

Callisto was short and was a shit game with like 5 enemy types.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Looks gorgeous. Free giveaway with AMD hardware, so I’m sure some people will be selling their keys for a nice price.

makaveli60

You fight hordes more than once, so you already have repetition in just 10 hours, just saying...

Being short means nothing, wukong is 40 hours but you have like 200 between mobs and bosses and great variety all around.

Callisto was short and was a shit game with like 5 enemy types.
Sure, but what game doesn’t have repetition? And which is better, repeating the same thing for 10 hours or for 50? For me it’s the former obviously. Plus if the core mechanics are good (and it seems they are) then repetition is also not as much of a problem. See Final Fantasy XVI. I like the game but those neverending combat sequences are a huge negative. Less would have been deifinitely more in this case.

Sure, but what game doesn’t have repetition? And which is better, repeating the same thing for 10 hours or for 50? For me it’s the former obviously. Plus if the core mechanics are good (and it seems they are) then repetition is also not as much of a problem. See Final Fantasy XVI. I like the game but those neverending combat sequences are a huge negative. Less would have been deifinitely more in this case.
Yeah, 10-12 hours is perfect for me and my short attention span. If a game is that good, I'll replay it no problem.

Warspite

Neo Member
I've not bought a game at launch in years but really tempted with this.

I wish the horde mode was there day one, they added it in later for the first game, surprised they have made the same mistake twice. :messenger_confused:

Ultros

Banned
Wonder if the PVE mode is going to steal some Helldiver 2 players. Arrow Head is on a crusade to drive as many players away from Helldivers 2 as possible(they are making Helldivers 2 worse with each updates, bugs, more bugs, nerfs and basically stripping all the fun the game had away with each update. No wonder it has lost 90% of the playerbase. So this will give me my fix and also my Warhammer fix.

Last edited:

Gonzito

The game looks great but I am going to wait for reviews first. I am just interested in the campaign personally. Lets see what happens papis

GymWolf

Gold Member
It depends on how good the gameplay is, when gameplay is good, repetition become less of a problem.

The Stig

no OT yet?

I broke my own rule and pre-ordered the edition so I can play early (tomorrow).

I loved the original (in fact Im going to play it now)

The original Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is still great fun to play - I was only playing this on my PC last week, in fact - so it goes without saying that more Space Marine can only a good thing with a shiny new coat of paint and some gameplay additions and refinements. This is the game that I am looking forward to playing the most. I really hope it delivers.

ZehDon

Keen to see GAF's thoughts on this one. Never played the original, but this looks like my kind of game!

Complistic

The original Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is still great fun to play - I was only playing this on my PC last week, in fact - so it goes without saying that more Space Marine can only a good thing with a shiny new coat of paint and some gameplay additions and refinements. This is the game that I am looking forward to playing the most. I really hope it delivers.
Also played it for the first time last week. Boltgun directly continues the story also if you need a short game to bridge the gap. Not a lot of story there but they are directly related.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I asked Amazon about playing “4 days early” and they couldn’t give me an answer. My copy says it’ll be here Monday, but that’s the release day. Amazon was advertising “4 days early” on their listing.

Top Bottom