• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online (EU): Topic of First Continent Players

Vashu

Just a little play at the whole Third World bullshit. But, mostly used as a means to select the server where most of the European players can play together. For now, the offer for two different servers still stand and I hope everyone can agree. This is what we have at this moment and is finalized.

Edit: Added list of players who are probably going to either of the above servers. Bolded ingame names for ease of finding.

Order - Karag-Azgal
Destruction - Karag Dorn

Let it know on time, because I want to play either a Shadow Warrior or a Marauder.

List of Players

Order:

Blue Geezer - Bluegeezer - Dwarf Rune Priest
bogg - Yaargdal - Dwarf Rune Priest
CalamityDaunt - IrnBru - Dwarf Ironbreaker
Ikuu
Lord Phol - Phol - High Elf White Lion
Mrping1000 - Grammaton - Empire Warrior Priest
Pasco
Vashu - Kyril - High Elf Shadow Warrior
Xaero - Xaero - Sorc?
Xizk - Kash - High Elf Shadow Warrior

Destruction:

Francias Castiglione - Bolluk - Goblin Rune Priest
Fuma-X
Stop It - StopIt - Chaos Chosen
Vashu - Bartahk - Chaos Marauder

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Certainly going Destro as A Chosen.

If enough gaffers come on I will join in for sure, if not I have a group to join anyway.

Vashu

Well, on the Chaos side I'm Bartahk, a Marauder. Add me when you're done. I'll be playing on Order for now. Got a Shadow Warrior named Kyril over there incase you want to go to the good side. :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Rolling a Zealot for sure, still not sure what's happening with the servers.

Pasco

Banned
I'll be in tomorrow, White Lion and Black Orc most likely.

Glad that "cool name" servers didn't get picked, "Axe Bite pass" is going to be hammered :lol

bogg

Rolling a rune priest.
Healing motherfuckers, that's what I like to do.
Did any of you play today? How does the (order) server seem so far?

Xizk

Going with Shadow Warrior as my first class. Not long before us regular edition players can start playing.

Vashu

Rolling a rune priest.
Healing motherfuckers, that's what I like to do.
Did any of you play today? How does the (order) server seem so far?

Order server is stable, and it's fun. It's quickly filling up on Order players and that is good because Destruction kinda has the upper hand right now. Incase anyone wants to create a guild, this is what the game says:

To form a guild, you must be the leader of a party of 6 unguilded members who are all nearby a Guild NPC Registrar.

The part leader interacts with the Registrar and pays the fee.

There seems to be only on in Altdorf, in front of a Guild Tavern called Sigmar's Hammer.

Oh and Ikuu, what do you mean not sure what's happing with the servers? You in right now, or not?

Ikuu

If enough of us are going on this server then I'll join it, I just want to make sure we have enough people to PvP regularly.

Also will they be bringing down the servers before the official launch like AoC?

bogg

Vashu said:
Order server is stable, and it's fun. It's quickly filling up on Order players and that is good because Destruction kinda has the upper hand right now.

Sounds good, I shall join you guys tomorrow.
I also ordered a 4850 so my pc should be able to handle the rvr. In the beta as soon as I entered a rvr area, even if it was empty, my framerate dropped to an unplayable state.

Vashu

Just thought I'd make a list for the people who might, or will, join one of the sides. I'm a casual player myself, not that hardcore so I'm not going to organise raiding parties and the likes. Plus, I've got other games to play. Recently bought the brilliant Braid for example.

I might not level up as fast as you guys, but keep in mind I'm here for the fun. I'm gonna quit WoW for a while for this game because I like the lore a lot more and the penalties they give when you venture into a low level area as a high level guy. That's what broke WoW for me.

Anyway, keep me updated on your status and whenever you have a character let me know and I'll update the first post. :D

Order:

bogg
Xizk
Pasco
Ikuu
Mrping1000
CalamityDaunt
Vashu

Destruction:

Stop It
Francias Castiglione
Vashu

Fuma-X

Hey there
Destruction here --> don't know which class yet. I've been thinking for a while...
I'll post tomorrow my nickname

Stop It

My char will be called StopIt, amazingly enough, It will be a Chosen.

Ikuu

Well that's my alarm set for tomorrow at 7:50am BST, hopefully this time it won't backfire on me.

Ikuu

Well it was 15minutes late, but I got signed up right away, now to wait on the email.

Lord Phol

Okey I'm in!
Phol on Karag-Azgul ^^, just give me a whisp.
(will be away sometime today but will be back later on tonight I hope)

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
Ok, some workrelated crap pissed on my candles and blew my chances to be in the Headstart.

But my girlfriend is now 'taking care' of my account, so she will be reserving some names. Be gentle with her :D

Stop It

Well I have signed up, all codes worked fine apart from the game.co.uk exclusive one, typical.

All I have to do now is wait until i finish work, hurry up 5oclock! :(

Vashu said:
They rule the world too. But Azgal has lines on both Order and Destro now, which is a good thing.

empire chaos tier 1 has changed hands like 6 times today. Been very busy in that rvr zone. Empire was getting steamrolled until a few elf tanks showed up.

MrPing1000 said:
empire chaos tier 1 has changed hands like 6 times today. Been very busy in that rvr zone. Empire was getting steamrolled until a few elf tanks showed up.

It's blatantly because my stuntie Ironbreaker is sat at his desk at work :lol :lol

Vashu

So I thought I'd add you to my ingame list. Turns out there's a queue even for the Order side. Not that it matters, I'm already level 9, but it would've been fun to play with some of you.

I have to say, this game beats WoW on virtually every level. I especially like the Public Quests. There's also no damage to your gear, so you don't have to keep repairing it over and over again. The only time you have to repair something is if you find a broken item which is better than the quest items you get most of the time. Graphics are amazing, I really like the artstyle.

Then again, I'm a huge Warhammer fan and have a High Elf army, which is unfinished unfortunately. :)

Vashu

Shattered Beach PQ is damned hard. Stage II is really overwhelming when you're only with six people. We need more men, send in more men!

You can see this as a plea for help. :D

bogg

Yaargdal- rune priest.
A few things that I have noticed, at least in karak-azgal, rune priests seems to be the most popular dwarf class. At the dwarf starting area, when I started my character, almost everyone there was a priest. I joined the scenario a few times and every time the team was mostly rune priests. It was so bad, I went straight to the empire area.
Also, is it me or are the destruction players better? I played quite a lot in the scenario today (empire), and we got our asses kicked. Their teams were more balanced with the classes, but with a few exceptions, they also played much better, it wasn't even close...
Anyway, I had a blast. I really like the game so far, and it keeps getting better.

Vashu

And your Bright Wizard is on Azgal? If so, I'll add him to the list if you have a name for me. :)

Just turned Rank 11, and I finally see all the customization options. Got a Career tactic now, and you can combine them with both a Renown Tactic and a Tome tactic for ultimate customization. Went for the Path of Assault and will combine that with either Skirmisher or Scout, still undecided.

I like to stay in the thick of things, so Skirmisher and Assault are probably best. Might make a new Shadow Warrior sticking solely to long range combat, so Scout for that one, in the future.

bogg

Vashu said:
And your Bright Wizard is on Azgal? If so, I'll add him to the list if you have a name for me. :)

Just turned Rank 11, and I finally see all the customization options. Got a Career tactic now, and you can combine them with both a Renown Tactic and a Tome tactic for ultimate customization. Went for the Path of Assault and will combine that with either Skirmisher or Scout, still undecided.

I like to stay in the thick of things, so Skirmisher and Assault are probably best. Might make a new Shadow Warrior sticking solely to long range combat, so Scout for that one, in the future.

I'm hoping to hit rank 11 tonight, we should roll together if you are still in T1.
Were you playing in the high elves area? What's the most popular class there?

Vashu

bogg said:
I'm hoping to hit rank 11 tonight, we should roll together if you are still in T1.
Were you playing in the high elves area? What's the most popular class there?

There isn't really a popular class, although I did team up with four other Shadow Warriors and a healer last night. Which was awesome of course. I hope to be home on time, I'm afraid I got something so I won't know for sure. Oh, I'm still in Tier 1, I want to do all the PQ, including the much hated (already) Shattered Beach, so I'll stick there for a while. Got a major amount of quests too. And they're all Elven! I like. :D

Oh and Atrophis, that's a shame. You should've come to Azgal. :p

Vashu

Xaero said:
I'm on Azgal with my sorc, rank 5.... Xaero :)

First play of the game yesterday, enjoying it!

What class are you precisely, Bright Wizard or Archmage? Also, Xizk, if you could provide me with the class you're playing I can edit the OP.

Xizk

Already did in another post. Shadow Warrior, name is Khas. I'm getting tired of always losing the scenarios so any gaffers wanna party and win some scenarios tonight?

Vashu

Sorry, didn't see that other post. I'll update it ASAP.

I'll swing by tonight when I can, I'm pretty much addicted now anyway.

Xizk said:
Already did in another post. Shadow Warrior, name is Khas. I'm getting tired of always losing the scenarios so any gaffers wanna party and win some scenarios tonight?

sound like fun but i shall be at stamford bridge tonight soz.

bogg

I wish more people would RvR, there were a shit load of people at the empire war camp last night and if most of them were joining the battle we could have kicked some serious ass.
Stupid question, how do I type in a channel? I joined the neogaf channel last night but didn't know how to type in it...

Vashu

Melhisedek said:
Anyone knows how long the maintenance will last? Can't wait to get back in :(

It says on the site that they hope to bring the servers back online around lunchtime. Good time for me to go and get a haircut. :D Btw, Melhisedek. What server are you and what class are you playing?

Bogg: Type this before you type what you want to say in the channel: /2

'/2 Hi guys' for example.

Oh, and I RvR mostly in the scenario battles. Might join the open world battles when we have a great group to work with though.

Top Bottom