• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was 'Faf Racer' ever released?

Saturnman

Banned
I remember it being hyped for years in this forum and even seeing some pics of very shiny cars in a Rave Racer-like city less than a year ago.

I just want to know if the goods were ever delivered at one point. :)

DCX

DCX
I was wondering the same thing, i think it was released but never in the states...which sucks becuase i was looking forward to it.

DCX

Miburou

• Previously also known as "Fafracer"
• Developed by a Korean studio
• 5 different game modes (Arcade, Time Attack, 2 Player, ...)
• Language: Korean/English
• Manual: Korean

Hahaha.

Pug

If I remeber correctly it had poor framerate especially going around certain courses, pop up, but technically it looked nice. I think it fitted into the 'average' racer range.

ourumov

Maskrider did nice videos showing the gameplay. It seemed cool but even changing the output options the framerate was not perfect. I have heard that Fafalada alone nealy build the entire engine which makes the job quite impressing (from what I saw in videos).
I thought they were doing the PAL version...I suppose Fafalada can clarify all this.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Ok, next logical question then: is it any good
How do I put this politically correct...
Oh screw it - the new International revision should be the only version that existed. :p

DCX

DCX
Fafalada said:
How do I put this politically correct...
Oh screw it - the new International revision should be the only version that existed. :p
:D Speak now!!! Coming to the states??

DCX

ourumov

I hope they keep the music from the original release...Everybody said it was annoying but I liked the tunes.

The game looked promising. Let's say they keep 60 fps (well...I think it will be more like 30 seeing how it originally ran)....considering the arcadish nature of the game a solid framerate will improve the experience a lot. Not that I have played it a single second, just judging from what I saw in Maskrider's videos.

Pug

Actually Faf considering the team working on the game was small, and getting the best out the PS2 requires some effort. Couldn't you have got better quality much quicker going down the Xbox route with the team size you had, or is this just a developers misnomer?

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
DCX said:
Speak now!!! Coming to the states??
Yep, afaik that's where it's coming out first this time :p

ourumov said:
I hope they keep the music from the original release...Everybody said it was annoying but I liked the tunes.
Well I'm afraid you're in vast minority there ;) Personally I wasn't very fond of original music either - I thought the intro & end themes were nice, but in-game not so much.

Sho Nuff

Banned
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AMIGO
(Dun dun, dun dun dun)
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AMIGO
(Dun dun, dun dun dun)
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AMIGO
(Dun dun, dun dun dun)
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AMIGO
(Dun dun, dun dun dun)
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AMIGO
(Dun dun, dun dun dun)
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AMIGO
(Dun dun, dun dun dun)
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AMIGO
(Dun dun, dun dun dun)

Saturnman

Banned
I'd like to point out that I am not in cahoots with Faf. This was a legitimate question of mine and not an attempt to hype this game even more. :)

Sho Nuff

Banned
Please tell me they fixed the two-player split-screen. Certain sections of track would slow the engine down to sub-10fps levels if I remember correctly.

maskrider

I am looking forward to the improved International version. Time is not a problem (unless you are telling me the International version will only be released on PS3), I hope there would be a PAL version since I don't have US PS2. Heh !

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Fafalada said:
I remember seeing the PSP trailer for Fafracer at E3. Are you going to release it for the PSP instead of the PS2 here?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Axel Impact International PSP:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/683/683540/imgs_1.html

axel-impact-international-20040623093114620.jpg

axel-impact-international-20040623093115589.jpg

axel-impact-international-20040623093116620.jpg

axel-impact-international-20040623093122338.jpg

axel-impact-international-20040623093124104.jpg

axel-impact-international-20040623093125698.jpg

axel-impact-international-20040623093126276.jpg

axel-impact-international-20040623093126791.jpg

axel-impact-international-20040623093147931.jpg

Trailer:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/683/683540/vids_1.html

Ploid 3.0

• Previously also known as "Fafracer"
• Developed by a Korean studio
• 5 different game modes (Arcade, Time Attack, 2 Player, ...)
• Language: Korean/English
• Manual: Korean

LOLOL

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Sho Nuff said:
(Dun dun, dun dun dun)
Although it's not very important, I wanted to point something out ;)
That particular song lyrics are a Korean soccer chant - and it's IN korean, not English. The actual lyrics (roughly romanized) says "Dae Han Min Guk". The meaning is a formal way of saying "Korea", and during the championship it was one of two most popular chants you'd hear a lot :p
It should explain better why the song doesn't really do much for people outside Korea ;)

Pug said:
Couldn't you have got better quality much quicker going down the Xbox route with the team size you had, or is this just a developers misnomer?
Well maybe, if most problems were development related... I couldn't honestly say that they were though...

maskrider said:
I hope there would be a PAL version since I don't have US PS2.
Well the localization and PAL support has already been done awhile ago, so I'd say chances are good ;)

defensor said:
I remember seeing the PSP trailer for Fafracer at E3. Are you going to release it for the PSP instead of the PS2 here?
The version I referred to, is a PS2 game. There are PSP projects in the work, but I am not really at liberty to discuss that yet.

Top Bottom