• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WASHINGTON MUTUAL HAS NO SHAME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're trying to charge me 25 dollars for an overdraft of 9 cents that lasted like, 10 minutes. Jerks. I gotta talk to the manager on monday to get it reversed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Two other things I hate about them:

1. No drive-thru ATMS, which even the most ghetto-ass bank in AZ has.
2. You have to slide your card in to go into this super-secret room just to get to an ATM.

At least their free checking is pretty good.

3phemeral

My family is still (been almost a year) in talks with their fraud department because they refuse to believe my brother didn't steal $10,000.00 from them, even though the checks that were cashed had no endorsing signature from the payer, had signatures with his name that didn't even match his signature on file, and didn't use his middle name initial , even though he always uses it. Yet, somehow, their fraud department investigated and "found" that signatures *do* match, and that he is responsible.

They constantly send letters from the fraud department that say he's still not cleared, yet -- from the head office in San Diego, they send him letters saying he *was* cleared. Then the fraud department says that he didn’t cash checks, that he used an ATM to pull out 3 sequences of $617.18.... and when we argued that you can't pull out cents from an ATM, they said they're records show he did, even though the answer is obvious that he couldn't.

The thing that strikes me as odd is the fact that whoever did it was able to pull out that amoun tof money despite the fact he had less than a grand in his account. Shouldn't a flag pop up on the computer notifying the clerk that the account contained insufficient funds? Plus, they even faxed us over checks without signatures -- wouldn't that be an obvious indication that somewhere they botched up? ... and the fact that he requested a different pin for his account, recieved one -- then a week later a NEW one -- but have the second request for pin not on file.... and somehow they say "regardless if you requested it or not, even though we don't have it on file, you still did it". ::sigh::

I don't know, but our lawyers our just ready to sue if this doesn't get resolved soon. All signs point to this whole ordeal being sourced to an inside job at the fraud department working with a local branch.

If you just explain the situation then 90% of the time they'll give you a refund as a customer service courtesy. And if they don't, speak to someone else. For example, I had three overdrafts in a row due to some book purchases and stupid ideas regarding the use of a check card (I overestimated the amount of time in which the purchases would post to the account and thought I'd be able to deposit money before being charged with the overdrafts), but I had all three overdrafts reversed.

AstroLad said:

2. You have to slide your card in to go into this super-secret room just to get to an ATM.

It's not much of a deterrant either. I was able to get in by swiping my drivers license.

AstroLad said:

Hang on whats a drive-thru ATM?

AirBrian

AstroLad said:

The TX branches have drive-thru ATMs. :D

ShadowRed

Banned
3pheMeraLmiX said:
My family is still (been almost a year) in talks with their fraud department because they refuse to believe my brother didn't steal $10,000.00 from them, even though the checks that were cashed had no endorsing signature from the payer, had signatures with his name that didn't even match his signature on file, and didn't use his middle name initial , even though he always uses it. Yet, somehow, their fraud department investigated and "found" that signatures *do* match, and that he is responsible.

They constantly send letters from the fraud department that say he's still not cleared, yet -- from the head office in San Diego, they send him letters saying he *was* cleared. Then the fraud department says that he didn’t cash checks, that he used an ATM to pull out 3 sequences of $617.18.... and when we argued that you can't pull out cents from an ATM, they said they're records show he did, even though the answer is obvious that he couldn't.

The thing that strikes me as odd is the fact that whoever did it was able to pull out that amoun tof money despite the fact he had less than a grand in his account. Shouldn't a flag pop up on the computer notifying the clerk that the account contained insufficient funds? Plus, they even faxed us over checks without signatures -- wouldn't that be an obvious indication that somewhere they botched up? ... and the fact that he requested a different pin for his account, recieved one -- then a week later a NEW one -- but have the second request for pin not on file.... and somehow they say "regardless if you requested it or not, even though we don't have it on file, you still did it". ::sigh::

I don't know, but our lawyers our just ready to sue if this doesn't get resolved soon. All signs point to this whole ordeal being sourced to an inside job at the fraud department working with a local branch.

You gotta be shitting me. You can't pull out $17 either, at least wher i live. It's only multiples of 10 or 20. That is so fucked up.

B'z-chan

Banned
Tell me about it they charged me cause someone tried to take out 69 bucks from my account i only got back 46 bucks or so of my money back. I love there free checking but since i went over the limit i have to pay them now which sucks dick. But i agree i want my 25 bucks back.

I got a good Wamu story.

Two unpaid moving-violation tickets from the early-to-mid 90's recently popped back up in my life. After going to court and being told my the hooplehead judge that I can't fight the tickets due to them being so old, I'm told I have to pay a $530 fine. Well, I'm not living like that, so I had to set up a payment plan with the good state of California. $75 a month for the rest of my life (ah, it only seems that way).

On Tuesday, I took a look at my account online, and it's a LOT less than I expected. I'm thinking the checks I recently wrote must've cleared, but then I look at my history and there it is: $530 levy fine PLUS A FUCKING $50 "legal fee" from Wamu. Needless to say, I was pissed: where the fuck is there any documentation telling their customers that they can charge you for something like that?

Luckily, all worked out in the end, and all the money was returned to my account. But that's because the Franchise Tax Board stepped in and told Wamu to reverse the charges. Otherwise I would've been assed out in a major way.

Even though my story has a happy ending, I implore all of you that are unhappy with their current banking situation to check out Netbank. They're FDIC insured, customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, AND, best of all, they give you interest back on your checking account! Sure, it's only 1%, but name ONE brick n' mortar bank that gives you ANY interest back on a checking account. And it's all free - just $50 to sign up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
MrAngryFace said:
im switching when I move back up. I hear boa charges you money to talk to a live person now. wtf.

I left BofA because of their ridiculous monthly maintenance charges and then one month when they charged me for calling to check my balance each time over the fifth during the month. Sadly I'm not surprised they would charge for customer service. BofA is shit.

Bregor

Saint Cornelius said:
I hope it's not San Diego County Credit Union, because they're even fucking WORSE

Nope, don't even live near there. I've been a credit union member for over 20 years now, and they've never done me wrong.

Chony

WAMU was taking $3.00 a month out of my checking account for two years until I asked them whats up, and they refunded all of the money to me. I need my job to have direct deposit so I never have to go to WAMU ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom