• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasn't Burnout 3 supposed to be out tomorrow?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I just saw the commercial and it said the 10th. I saw another commercial about 2 weeks ago and it said the 7th. Why is God doing this to me? I don't want to wait until Friday. :(

Edit: EB still lists a ship date of the 7th. I'm confused. Hopefully the stores will get them early.

Fifty

I think the ads have those liberal release dates because that's the day every store will have it in. I think Madden did the same thing...they didn't say it was coming out one day after the ship date, I think the ads said it was being releaseed 3-5 days past the ship date.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Two stores I spoke to today said Wednesday. Since no stores would get any type of shipments today that makes sense. Some stores might start to see it tomorrow depending how close they are to their warehouses, etc.

epmode

like most games, it ships on tuesday and will be in stores wednesday. you might get lucky and find it tomorrow, but i've never had much luck with that.

BeOnEdge

Banned
word has it that some stores ALREADY have it but are holding it. blockbuster supposedly has them already. I was about to post a question and ask for someone to confirm that some stores already had it. If that was correct i could easily get my copy right now from a hook up.

AlphaSnake

I've gotten games early before. Somebody in NY usually breaks the street date. It happened with PGR2, Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures and other games. *crosses fingers*

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
AlphaSnake said:
Bullshit, motherfucker. I want to see pics. Scans. Impressions!

It's been out for download for at least 4-5 days now. Maybe that's what he means. :p

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I was at Walmart today and they had a huge sign reading, Bunout 3 avaliable Tuesday, Sept. 7th. Which I find hard to believe. But the lady working the department said it would be there. Tuesday, Wednesday, really doesn't matter to me. But of course Tuesday would be a bit better.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
If I wasn't a fan of Burnout 1 and Burnout 2, do I want to bother with this game?

Mrbob

This game is never getting released. The whole development has been an illuision.

Lyte Edge said:
If I wasn't a fan of Burnout 1 and Burnout 2, do I want to bother this game?

Yes.

BeOnEdge

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
I was at Walmart today and they had a huge sign reading, Bunout 3 avaliable Tuesday, Sept. 7th. Which I find hard to believe. But the lady working the department said it would be there. Tuesday, Wednesday, really doesn't matter to me. But of course Tuesday would be a bit better.

this is because ilike i said, the stores already have it.

AlphaSnake

I think my local Best Buys have them. Both hesitated when I asked them. They were like "uhhh...no...but, we're definitely have it tomorrow. Call tomorrow afternoon, it'll be here".

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Lyte Edge said:
If I wasn't a fan of Burnout 1 and Burnout 2, do I want to bother with this game?
That'd probably depend on what you didn't like about the first two games...

funcojoe

I ordered from Gamestop online, had it shipped overnight, tracked my order and it shipped on Friday night, it'll be at my house tomorrow morning.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Lyte Edge said:

I didn't particularly love Burnout 1/2 myself, but this should be a major step-up, the greater focus on aggression could really give this series that 'kick' I always felt it needed. B2 desperately needed it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I loved Burnout 2. It's such a perfect game for people who love speed and excitement but hate the million boring-ass (to us) sim-ish racers out there. I mean the game is worth the price of admission for the crashes alone, much less the unique scoring & boost system and great rush you get from boosting your way through blurs of traffic. I think I will love this too. Too bad I won't have time to play it until X-Mas. :/

Top Bottom