• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watanabe as Ra's revealed! (new Batman Begins pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ras.jpg

ras2.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
looks cool, can anyone point me to a page that I can read up on who Ducard and Ra's are? My knowledge of batman pretty much stops after the first to movies and a couple of comics (which featured neither of these 2).

Willco

Hollywood Square
I'm not sure if Ducard is in the comic books. In the movie he's just a decoy for Ra's Al Ghul and his second-hand man who mentors Bruce.

Ra's Al Ghul is, of course, criminal mastermind and reportedly genius terrorist who travels the world dispensing terror as he sees fit.

karasu

He looks like a monk. Cool though. I still think Liam looks like Chun from Remo Williams haha.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Has it ever been confirmed that scarecrow is going to be in this at all? I don't seemuch of the news, but I see all the other characters mentioned when i do look arround, and never him.

Watanabe looks good, I still think that young batman vs. Ra's isn't going to last very long.

Trevelyon

DrForester said:
Has it ever been confirmed that scarecrow is going to be in this at all? I don't seemuch of the news, but I see all the other characters mentioned when i do look arround, and never him.

cc-batman.jpg

Yep, Crane/Scarecrow are confirmed.

ManaByte

Gold Member
DrForester said:

Yes, and he's played by that guy from 28 Days Later. And I would think having him at the Comic Con panel and talking about Scarecrow is pretty solid confirmation.

Trevelyon

Cillian Murphy is playing Jonathan Crane so depending on how they do Scarecrow I'd say he'll play him also, though it'll probably a double or something to play the actual role.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Trevelyon said:
Cillian Murphy is playing Jonathan Crane so depending on how they do Scarecrow I'd say he'll play him also, though it'll probably a double or something to play the actual role.

No, he is Scarecrow also. That was confirmed at Comic Con. It's him in the mask.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman
Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth
Liam Neeson .... Ducard
Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox
Gary Oldman .... Sargeant James Gordon
Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul
Katie Holmes .... Rachel Dodson
Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow
Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone
Rutger Hauer .... Richard Earle

Best comic book movie cast EVER.

Rlan

I've only known Raz through the cartoon, and making him bald makes look look a little too old, especially for an immortal.

Aren't they going to have him speaking non-English throughout the movie? Will that work? He had some an awesome voice in TAS :(

Substance

ManaByte said:
Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman
Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth
Liam Neeson .... Ducard
Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox
Gary Oldman .... Sargeant James Gordon
Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul
Katie Holmes .... Rachel Dodson
Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow
Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone
Rutger Hauer .... Richard Earle

Best comic book movie cast EVER.

Woah Woah! I had no idea Liam Neeson, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Tom Wilkinson were in the film! This is one impressive list.

Trevelyon

Indeed.

I think WB has had a guilty conscience ever since the Schumacher travesties. So they're pulling out all the stops to get this franchise back on track.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Who is Ra's Al Ghul and who is Scarecrow.. Someone teach teh Batman newbies.

Trevelyon

Jonathan Crane is a psychologist who specializes in the study in human fear, he eventually becomes the Scarecrow after he loses his job and continues his research on normal people & commits various crime.

Sorry if it's a little sketchy haven't seen the animated series for a while.

The anticipation is so high, it seems inevitable that I'm going to be a bit disappointed when I walk out of the cinema ala Spiderman 1.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Halfway through the movie, Liam should pull out a lightsaber and slice Batman in half, then look straight into the camera and say, "Go watch Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, or I'll slice you too. Tell 'em Lucas sent yah!"

Fresh Prince said:
The anticipation is so high, it seems inevitable that I'm going to be a bit disappointed when I walk out of the cinema ala Spiderman 1.

You're the one creating anticipation.

mattx5

Having read the script makes this thread alot more enjoyable :p

Do we have any pics of the Scarecrow mask yet?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
FoneBone said:
Are you a joke character? You've been trolling the movie at every opportunity, for no logical reason.
No logical reason? The script sounds horrible, the art direction is a joke and the teaser sucked. And most importantly it's a WB production. There's no way this movie is going to be good.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Rlan said:
I've only known Raz through the cartoon, and making him bald makes look look a little too old, especially for an immortal.
Well he's certainly not an immortal in this new universe...

for those that dont know, here's a little info on ducard or his full name "Henry ducard"
this is straight from my mind from what i've read in the batman comic books. *ahem*

when young bruce wayne was travelling around the world learning all about crime solving, fighting techniques and the like, he trained under a world class sharpshooter named henry ducard.
ducard though wayne everything there is to learn about sniper techniques and sharpshooting. but ducard felt wayne had failed because he refused to kill, so they parted ways.
bruce wayne hates guns but he doesn fear them, that's why he's trained with all kinds of guns; to learn how they work.
that's about it, it looks like they are gonna change the character in the movie though but it's no big deal i guess....
but long time bat fans appreciate having the name there at least.

Shinobi

Cool info evil...that's an obvious part of Batman's makeup, learning how things work so he can figure out the weaknesses if confronted with one (unless he's like two feet away, then he's shit outta luck).

Trevelyon said:
Alright! we get it.

DIS MOVI IZ GONA SU><0r

Shut the fuck up already.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

jp%20mb%20applause.jpg

davis

the script must be great alot of those actors wouldn't even bother if it sucked even for the millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom