• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch you wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scribb1er

Just got my new Invicta Ocean Ghost II in(and wanted to show it off).

IMG_0029.1.jpg

IMG_0060.1.jpg

So, what watch are you wearing right now?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't find a pic of it online... But I still wanted to post my kudos for the thread title :)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
watch.JPG

got it for like $45 at Sears after 600 or so various price-downs. I think it's originally $65-70.

scribb1er

Yes the watch can be kinda of big at 50mm, but it the last few days of wearing it, I've gotten way more compilments then any of my other watches(which are more impressive, at least in features).

aoi tsuki

i'm not criticizing, but just curious. What's the attraction of watches? Style? Function? Impressing the ladies?

i can't bring myself to buy one now. i was never really fond of them, except for the functional geeky ones, and i always hated the way the bands irritated my wrists. Now, i've got a cell phone, and i've got stuff for my PDA that does the job when it's out. i think the popularity of cell phones have really pushed watches into the style/luxury category.

demon

aoi tsuki said:
i'm not criticizing, but just curious. What's the attraction of watches? Style? Function? Impressing the ladies?

i can't bring myself to buy one now. i was never really fond of them, except for the functional geeky ones, and i always hated the way the bands irritated my wrists. Now, i've got a cell phone, and i've got stuff for my PDA that does the job when it's out. i think the popularity of cell phones have really pushed watches into the style/luxury category.
Having the time wrapped around your wrist is far more convenient and practical than having to carry around a phone and pull it out just to look at the time. Plus, I'd say it's become a "fashion accesory" or whatever you want to call it on the same level of normal jewelry and whatnot. So if you're going to carry around the time in the most convenient and practical of ways, you might as well do it in style!

miyuru

I don't have a watch, don't really care for one. No offence to anyone in the thread either, but I don't think any of your watches look that great. I wonder how much you guys paid for them :-\

Really if you're going to tell me you got them for something other than looks, I think you should've gone with a cheap Timex or a better-looking knockoff.

Ecrofirt

I'll tell you, I'm not particularly fond of the watch I posted a picture of, but it gets the job done.

My *favorite* watch is one that belonged to my grandfather while he was alive. Damn cats knocked it on the floor and broke it apart though :-\

I've got another nice watch floating around here somewhere. I'll scan it if I find it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't use a watch of any sort, and I don't have timekeeping problems.

demon said:
watch.JPG

got it for like $45 at Sears after 600 or so various price-downs. I think it's originally $65-70.

Why did you take a photo of your watch right on your crotch? @_@ For someone who tries to fight off the cock, you sure do like slipping it in a lot...so to speak.

SKluck

Banned
I've been using some $15 digital watch I got at some hardware store a couple years back.

I'm looking for a nice watch that ONLY has the time and date, and is very simple, with a metal band for under $150.

Haven't found one yet, which is pretty pathetic. Most watches are shit.

http://www.projects-us.com/html/roundabout.html

That one is pretty nice, however. Hate the white though.

Crispy

Dice said:
I don't use a watch of any sort, and I don't have timekeeping problems.

same here, I really don't like to wear watches, or anything like necklaces or armbands. Besides, when I have a watch, I get a bit obsessed with it, checking the time way too often.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
65023G.jpg

That with the sapphire background. I needed a dress watch, and then when my regular watch broke I just started using it everyday.

bjork

watch.jpg

Battery just went dead like a month ago, so I'm not currently wearing it. Need to find a watch repair shop.

Doth Togo

demon said:
Fuckin hell, dude. Who spends $600 on a damn watch?

Kinetic is awesome man. No batteries, it'll run forever and never need maintenance. I've had a model very similar to that one since 1998 and it's still trucking like I got it on Day 1.

You pay for quality, some style and breakproof reliablilty. IMO.

demon

kitchenmotors said:
Why did you take a photo of your watch right on your crotch? @_@ For someone who tries to fight off the cock, you sure do like slipping it in a lot...so to speak.
I was just resting it on my lap.....and that's just my pants bunched up, not my dick. Sorry Suerte. I took the picture a whlie ago, too.

Suerte

demon said:
I was just resting it on my lap.....and that's just my pants bunched up, not my dick. Sorry Suerte. I took the picture a whlie ago, too.

Don't worry, imagination is a wonderful thing.

bionic77

LOL talk about thread derailment. And Demon, that is a pretty weird photo you took of your watch, I am sure you thought nothing of it at the time but the end result is hilarious and I am sure it will lead to some tavern hilarity.

Watches I have:

Tag Heuer Kimium Quartz (blue face)
Casio Classic G-Shock (with those thick black G-lide sport straps)
Nike HRM Triax (heart rate monitor)
Nike Triax Speed (present from my brother last X-Mas; currently wearing but needs new battery =P)

Out of all the these watches, though, the Triax Speed is the 'cheapest' one but gets the most compliments...go figure =P

nitewulf

Doth Togo said:
Kinetic is awesome man. No batteries, it'll run forever and never need maintenance. I've had a model very similar to that one since 1998 and it's still trucking like I got it on Day 1.

You pay for quality, some style and breakproof reliablilty. IMO.

my dad had one since the 70s...the seiko kinetics are something else. once in a while he shakes it a bit and its good to go.

anyway, i have an oldass casio digital, i had it for about 10 years, easy. no battery changes yet. its one of the sports models with world time, etc. personally i love watches, its a part of me, i dont feel comfortable being w/o a watch around my wrist, i feel naked.
i need to buy an old fashioned dress watch for wearing with suits and formal clothes though. but for everyday use, i cant use anything but digitals...about time i got a new one though.

bionic77

Damn, a lot of people with Rolexes. Doesn't a Rolex cost like minimum $3,000? Too rich for my blood. Also, for whatever reason I think of Rolex as an old man's watch just like I associate Benz as an old man's car (and BMW or Audi for young people).

Blackace said:
I love Movado! I was going to get one.... but now I have a Roly....

Yeah, Movados are really simple, let stylish. I don't need my watches to look busy, tell me the date, or any of that stuff. I myself don't think I'll ever own a Rolex simply out of fear of losing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom