• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s the oldest online game you actively play?

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
What is the oldest online game you actively play?

So not just jumping into a match once a year, but play somewhat consistently and actively.

My oldest would be:

Jedi Academy/Outcast

MV5BOTViYzhjZjEtZTJmZS00ODc4LThkYWYtOThiOWYyYjBhZGEyXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

jek2pc0f.jpg

Metal Gear Online (2)

mgo_world_champ_mlg.jpg

1.jpg

Paltheos

Other than Street Fighter 6 (which is new), I really only play online games with my friends. We touch a few (as there are Venn diagrams of groups and preferences) but the oldest right now is... Risk of Rain 2, which launched in early access in 2019 but was already a pretty good package even before the 1.0 release.

... Right now I'm waiting for Gearbox to fix the broken Seekers of the Storm release though. :( We're giving it a few more patch cycles before jumping back in. A shame. It's probably my favorite online multiplayer game of all time.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Can't say actively now. Most recent ones were:

Soul Calibur VI
Splatoon 3
Exoprimal

Dropped all 3. Probably will go all in on Monster Hunter again next year. I do need a new multiplayer game.

kevboard

Actively? Fortnite I guess lol.

Halo MCC from time to time, which includes Halo CE, which would be the oldest I play occasionally

Last edited:

Drell

Not THAT old as I see the other answers but Heroes of the Storm until Blizzard/MS decide to close the servers for good.

Mayar

Heroes of might and magic 3
I can't help myself, sometimes I sit down to play "One Short Map and That's It", I get up from the computer and 4 hours have passed...
MMO - Ragnarok Online

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Really none anymore. I dip into some older Battlefield titles occasionally, but no where near "actively".

Last edited:

Prekk

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (2003)
King of Fighters '98 (well...) [not an online game per se but anyway - rollback ftw]
quakeworld threewave ctf / quakeworld team fortress (1996)

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (2003)
This was one of my favorites. How active is it?

JKA has a ton of servers but there's only really about 4-6 that are active. The rest are bots for beginners and training

BlackTron

The oldest legitimate answer is probably Ephinia PSO. Still dabble every few years.

Halo CE would be it but MCC took out hit feedback so it just doesn't work when I try to play it.

I still play some Brood War but not really online, that would be SC2.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I still fire up Team Fortress 2 when I am bored on my Steam Deck and just casually as engineer or medic.

Top Bottom