• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some examples of 2 main characters from a show that never crossed paths.

TommyCronin6969

Gold Member
Recently I was thinking about how these 2 characters, Lunge and Johan's showdown happened in the anime Monster but when I looked it up they never actually came face to face. You would think before the story ends that they would have had some kind of scene together. I was convinced they had actually came face to face at least once.

What other examples are there of this you know of or even try and think of one and then go down the same rabbit hole I went down to find out.

Last edited:

TommyCronin6969

Gold Member
Saul and Gus Fring?
TllTVG2.jpeg

Pls don't say but that was Jimmy.

Last edited:

TommyCronin6969

Gold Member
Ah yes, was this the only time?
Yeah just the one scene. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are hard ones to judge because every character is so connected almost everyone important has a scene with somebody else important to push the story along.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Raiden and Meryl in the Metal Gear Solid series never interact with each other a single time. In the final act of MGS4 they even both have cutscenes with Snake like one small area apart lol thats the closest they came.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Android 17 and Goku until Super.

Uh...Joel never crosses paths with Ellie and Dina's magic Asian child in The Last of Us. Funny, neither does Jesse. Sarah doesn't meet most of the cast because she got a shit roll on a check.

Palpatine had fuck all to do with Leia, Solo, and Lando.

TommyCronin6969

Gold Member
Oh thought we were talking being physically in the same room instead of a zoom session.
JRR Tolkien truly ahead of the times. I suppose you could use it as an example but originally I kind of meant it in the literal sense of meeting one another. They've known about each other's existence for so long that you would think they'd have to meet for the story to have any kind of acceptable conclusion.

The Fifth Element one is actually a great example Kadve Kadve They did come so close to meeting as in literally on either side of a door but never did.

Top Bottom