• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some hauntingly beautiful pieces of music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

God Speed You Black Emperor - Sleep.

The most dramatic/beautiful/emotional song I've ever had the pleasure of listhening to. A daily inspiration for me.

"From all over the world they came here. From all over the world. It was a playground, they called it the playground of the world. Anyways, uh, so I uh, you know when I was very small I even got lost in Coney Island. But they found me, on the beach. We used to sleep on the beach, here. Sleep over night. Thank god they don't do it anymore, things change."

"They don't sleep anymore on the beach."

no Dead Can Dance???

Sanvean is the most hauntingly beautiful song i have ever heard.

bjork- all is full of love is quite nice.

and loads of Smiths (moz's latest rendition of 'There is a light' is very beautiful.

The second disc of the Casshern OST has some really haunting pieces of music. Revival, Praying, Illusion and The Last Day all come to mind.

Volt

"Disappointed in the Sun" by dEUS
"Capt. Midnight" by Tomahawk
"Stone on the Water" by Badly Drawn Boy (very Nick Drake-ish)
"Ice Castles" by Ween
"Treachery" by Unwound
"Bolivia" by Three Mile Pilot
"Cotton Wool" by Lamb
"X-Mas Steps" by Mogwai

El Papa

Cathode - Sleeping and Breathing, really hard to find, I might upload it later if anyone's interested. Slow, melodic, instrumental/post rock.

edit: Sweet, found a link: Cathode Downloads

Some great stuff there, some of my favorite songs. The first write-up on that page pretty much describes why I really love this band music.

Pattergen said:
God Speed You Black Emperor - Sleep.

The most dramatic/beautiful/emotional song I've ever had the pleasure of listhening to. A daily inspiration for me.

"From all over the world they came here. From all over the world. It was a playground, they called it the playground of the world. Anyways, uh, so I uh, you know when I was very small I even got lost in Coney Island. But they found me, on the beach. We used to sleep on the beach, here. Sleep over night. Thank god they don't do it anymore, things change."

"They don't sleep anymore on the beach."

Absolutely kick ass entry Pattergen, and my bar-none fav GYBE track. Unbelievable experience listening to that for the first time. Particularly around the 9:00 minute mark, that passage is the most brilliant piece of music the last 5 years for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom